Help plz (1 Viewer)

Maxwell

bow peasants
HSC
Hey,

On the last day of school I told my teacher I planned to study in the holidays and they said I shouldn't (even though I really want to). They said I should take a break, at least for 1-2 weeks. So I did, but the problem is now all I want to do is sleep and play Pokemon (the new game is friggin good - got it for Christmas). I really want to get off my ass and do my schoolwork but I feel really unmotivated and lazy - I guess you could say I am in 'holiday mode'. If somebody could offer me up some tips as to how I could get out of this mode, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

P.S. Yes, this sounds silly, but it's actually happening. :c

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I will keep this short and sweet.
1) You have already taken a break, that's time lost and gone, you can't regret about the past because you can't change anything about it. Grasp what you have now-the most precious commodity in the world-time, and use it wisely! Set up weekly or daily goals of what you want to achieve and stick with it.

2)Although now all you may want to do is sleep and play Pokemon-a Christmas present, think about next year, when you get your ATAR, what would be the a more useful/better Christmas present then getting the ATAR you want and getting into your desired university course without worrying about alternative pathways. You can play Pokemon after you finish your work as a reward, have some self-discipline. Just imagine this time, next year, you will have plenty of time to play and do whatever you want. Sacrifice now and get your reward later.

3)In a holiday mode does not mean not working-it may mean doing slightly less work, but it does not mean not working. You need to prepare for next term, will you want to regret at the end of the year that you should have studied harder in the holidays. The most studious individuals will be studying right now, if you want to get good marks, you've got to focus and put consistent effort in.

4)No one's tips will help you get out of the holiday mode if you don't find an intrinsic source of motivation and genuine desire to get out of this mood. NO ONE-YOU ARE THE ONLY INDIVIDUAL EMPOWERED TO GET YOURSELF OUT OF THIS MODE. There is still time, but everyone will have the same amount of time, and you can't purchase time with money-use what time you have left WISELY.

Hope this helps and all my best wishes for you to have an ENJOYABLE and PRODUCTIVE summer holiday:)

enoilgam

HSC
Since you still have a fair bit of time before school starts, I would get into study by starting off small. Set small, achievable study goals early on in order to build your confidence and momentum. From there, I would then increase the workload progressively. That should help ease you back into school/study mode.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
Since you still have a fair bit of time before school starts, I would get into study by starting off small. Set small, achievable study goals early on in order to build your confidence and momentum. From there, I would then increase the workload progressively. That should help ease you back into school/study mode.
this is effective and smart.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Hey,

On the last day of school I told my teacher I planned to study in the holidays and they said I shouldn't (even though I really want to). They said I should take a break, at least for 1-2 weeks. So I did, but the problem is now all I want to do is sleep and play Pokemon (the new game is friggin good - got it for Christmas). I really want to get off my ass and do my schoolwork but I feel really unmotivated and lazy - I guess you could say I am in 'holiday mode'. If somebody could offer me up some tips as to how I could get out of this mode, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

P.S. Yes, this sounds silly, but it's actually happening. :c
tbh, give yourself a break. You're not going to find that much downtime in the coming year, so recharge and refresh yourself before you go into the marathon known as the HSC. Take things one day at a time. Write down a list of stuff you must finish these holidays, and construct a timetable working towards that. Put aside 2-3 hours a day for work and relax for the rest, because everyone deserves one.

:)

vanillacupcakes

HSC
N/A
get your notes sorted for all you've done all ready, practice papers & essays for all you've done also
Don't get too bogged down in trying to read ahead, as thats what I did and it was a bit of a waste of time.
Best of luck!

Randox

HSC
N/A
Dat Pokemon X/Y is too damn good. I'm playing it as well ahah. In all seriousness though, strawberrye hit the nail on the head. You need to find the right balance between week and play during the holidays or you will fall behind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)