help required with related text... (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

Well does the related text and stimulus text relate/link into one another? because the main reason you are writing the HSC AoS paper is to link to one main idea, the thesis.

You have to know the similarities between them or else why did choose them?

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
pLuvia said:
Well does the related text and stimulus text relate/link into one another? because the main reason you are writing the HSC AoS paper is to link to one main idea, the thesis.

You have to know the similarities between them or else why did choose them?
lol
i am doing P.S wif wind in the willow (althou it is not my major stimi material, coz it isnt much to relate about.. try blood on track or journey ova land and sea -- they r more of a physical journey)..

i realli think u should choose materials that u can personalli link them up, becoz u neva know wat they gonna ask u in the exam

my advice is to b abstract (i love that word :eek: ).. and pick out the weirdest linkage.

eg. P.s. & ice age r both journeys not made by one's own choice.
P.S & WITW both have a character (P.S & the rat) resenting the idea of a journey..
blahblah

Q

Quynh nhu

can i just link 2 text together, n just talk about one by itself? or i have to link all of them .. n i have to link it to the thesis in every text too?

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
Quynh nhu said:
can i just link 2 text together, n just talk about one by itself? or i have to link all of them .. n i have to link it to the thesis in every text too?
u HAVE HAVE HAVE to link all texts in as many areas as possible

it is much better to find 3texts to have heaps in common, than talkin about the 3 texts wif only one linkage in great detail

becoz all the stuffs like techniques u can now basically "copy" from study guides.
it is the linkages u make, and how they asnwer the Q that wil get u the mark

Q

Quynh nhu

i am thinking of changing my supplementary from the movie: “Ice age” to “crouching tiger, hidden dragon” << would that be better than ice age?. but i am so confused because i wanted to write about Jen's (Zhang Ziyi) life, but i dont know how i can LINK Skrzynecki's poems n wind in the willows .. or can anyone choose me another BOS text i can link it with?
And one thing, in the end, where Zhang jumpes off the bridge, does it mean she died? Or what does it really means?

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
Quynh nhu said:
i am thinking of changing my supplementary from the movie: “Ice age” to “crouching tiger, hidden dragon” << would that be better than ice age?. but i am so confused because i wanted to write about Jen's (Zhang Ziyi) life, but i dont know how i can LINK Skrzynecki's poems n wind in the willows .. or can anyone choose me another BOS text i can link it with?
And one thing, in the end, where Zhang jumpes off the bridge, does it mean she died? Or what does it really means?
hmm personalli dont like that film (even thou i should go "yay!!! azn movie!") so will neva see it

but for me, i am havin a bit of trouble relating BOS booklet to P.S. too. but u gotta think realli deeply, like they r pro. no obvious linkage.

i would recommend blood on track (even u pro need to read 100 times b4 u get it.. it happened to me).. and journey ova land and sea. but it is entirely up to u

dont think i answered ur Q.. lets wait for someone who has seen the movie :confused: :confused:

Q

Quynh nhu

yeahz, i was thinking about blood on track too .. and ur right it had taken mee at least 99 times reading it over and over again, before i got it. ahahaha *shame >< but yeahs thanks

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
if anyone found a better stimi booklet related to P.S. i am more than happi to hear about it.. >_>

i find mine (wind in willow, blood, land & sea) lack argument... hmm

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I'm doing text 7, The Town Where Time Stands Still. Alot of people don't even know that text exists because it's so short and on the last page. XD
I personally think it's applicable to any of the 3 journeys if you link the ideas appropriately.
Just have a read of it yourself a few times and see if you can find some ideas to connect with P.S's poems.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
hmm realli? it sounds juz like <blood on track> like full-on complicated meaning and crap. lol!

it is too short. >.> dono how to anaylsis it. oh well. HAHA

Riviet

HSC
N/A
That's why barely anyone does it for the essay in paper 1. But if you want to stand out from the crowd, text 7 is a good bet. :p

Riviet

HSC
N/A
It's a paragraph short! Like less than 200 words! :rofl:

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
Riviet said:
That's why barely anyone does it for the essay in paper 1. But if you want to stand out from the crowd, text 7 is a good bet. :p
Lol i know wat u mean by stand out. hahaa. but then i didnt realli wanna do it coz cant talk about it much (most likely u can onli do one stimi text)..

i dont think many r doing <blood> & <time..> coz they r both pretti hard to get.. (on the first glance)

Q

Quynh nhu

im doing the play "Educating Rita" by Willy Russell. and i was wondering, what should i use as my supplementary material? im thinking movie "What a girl wants" but im still unsure. please help =)

chriseddy1234

HSC
Has anyone watched "Big Fish" as a related text?
How much did you get out of it?

Q

Quynh nhu

im doing the play "Educating Rita" by Willy Russell. and i was wondering, what should i use as my supplementary material? im thinking movie "What a girl wants" but im still unsure. please help =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)