HELP - Speed Cameras (3 Viewers)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Nah, people think of these things before they design cameras.

Edit- I could ask my uncle. He's a gadget guy for the police.

michael1990

HSC
Azamakumar said:
Because you're an idiot I'll give it to you in laymans terms, rather than explaining the physics behind it.

Counter technology
Methods used to avoid detection by cameras include:

Removing, falsifying or obscuring the vehicle license plate.
It is often illegal if the plate cannot be read by other people or by a camera. Treatments which claim to obscure the plates from cameras, but leave them visible to other drivers are typically considered to be of dubious efficacy. Such treatments include the use of anti-flash spray that adds a high-gloss finish to the plate (causing the camera's flash to over-expose the picture making the plate unreadable), or an infrared filter (that renders the number unreadable when illuminated by the infrared flashlights of certain speed cameras).
Doesn't it say at the end of the last sentence 'of certain speed cameras'.

I don't think you should be insulting anyones intelligence.

michael1990

HSC
scarybunny said:
Nah, people think of these things before they design cameras.

Edit- I could ask my uncle. He's a gadget guy for the police.
Ask him.

Because i just asked mum again to make sure i was saying it right LOL

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Yeah no fucking shit idiot, the infrared filters would only work on infrared cameras. Want me to repeat it?

michael1990

HSC
Azamakumar said:
Yeah no fucking shit idiot, the infrared filters would only work on infrared cameras. Want me to repeat it?
No not really.

As you cannot write a sentence without swearing, its quite distasteful.

But back on topic.
How did you go with the fine?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Oh I just realised.

Infrared cameras use infrared to read your SPEED. Not your licence plate. So covering it up with a filter doesn't do shit. Your plates are read by a regular camera.

michael1990

HSC
scarybunny said:
Oh I just realised.

Infrared cameras use infrared to read your SPEED. Not your licence plate. So covering it up with a filter doesn't do shit. Your plates are read by a regular camera.
So i was right.

Thank you.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
scarybunny said:
Oh I just realised.

In that case filters across your front/rear bumpers would effectively jam the signal.

:/

EDIT: should*

Pace_T

HSC
someone said if you were pulled over with those special plate thingies and got caught bla bla bla
i dont think you would get caught. they appear normal , except when a foto is taken, cause only in the photo its hidden
something like that

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Azamakumar said:
In that case filters across your front/rear bumpers would effectively jam the signal.

:/

EDIT: should*
You'd have to cover your entire car.

Basically it's not going to work. The expense of covering your entire car in some sort of filter would probably be a lot more than any fines you'd et.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Peartie said:
i stand by that if something makes the cars number plate unreadable to a camera it would be illegal....hard to pick up by the naked eye - like radar detector things, but if you get pulled over and you have it theyd fine you for it as well im sure....but thats my opinion!
Its not super duper illegal though, you would just get in trouble for obscuring your number plate, the fine is equivilent to a speeding fine. The license plate covers are pretty hard to see normally, cops will only really notice if you are pulled over and then they specifically check out your license plate as part of their routine[which they do fairlyoften]. Basically that particular fine is paid for if you avoid just one speed camera fine.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
yeah. People waste too much time trying to 'beat' these things. Just stop at the light or go the speed limit.

Easy peasy.

CieL

HSC
Hahah today a poker player was telling me how he got chopped by a speed camera yesterday.

He wasn't initially speeding.. but previously, he was listening to is iPod, and afterwards he put his earphones off and hung them around his neck, under his shirt.. whilst he was driving, the earphones were irritating his nipples from scraping around on the seatbelt, so he stretches and leans backwards to see and feel where the cable were so he could get them out..

Tehehe.. whilst he was stretching to get them out, his foot depressed the accelerator a bit.. and when he looked up the camera had chopped him

Another front on camera story =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)