• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help with Unsw application! (1 Viewer)

sunny

meh.
HSC
Princeps_ said:
last question, lets say u have a course that runs from 1pm-3pm (eg maths) and subsequently one that runs on the same day from 3pm-5pm (eg chem) do u miss out on some of the chem lecture/tute/e.tc or is there like a 5 min break or something between classes, so should i pick something that has a 2-3 hour break between sessions?

thx
Classes typically finish 5 minutes before the hour and start 5 minutes after the hour.

Princeps_

HSC
so i would be able to get to the other consequtive session withoug missing anything from the respective session, on a side note to u have and consequtive classes? and would u reccommend it?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Princeps_ said:
so i would be able to get to the other consequtive session withoug missing anything from the respective session, on a side note to u have and consequtive classes? and would u reccommend it?
Most of the time you can get from one class to another without being late. But sometimes you might just be couple of minutes late (which is not a problem most of the time) because the two places are so far away.

Some people prefer to have all their classes in blocks, and some prefer to have them all spread out with breaks in between. I have had consecutive blocks of 5-6 hours - I'm ok with it but others might find it unbearable.

Princeps_

HSC
once u complete the offer on line application process, when must u proceed to go to unsw and obtain ur student card and trasport concession card, is it b4 the main round offer dead line of the 28th of january?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
You can do it any time up to the start of semester, which is 28th February. But try and get it now - the lines during Oweek are incredibly huge

zkuld

newblet
HSC
Hi, a question from me;

After enrolling for my semester 1 & 2 courses at my.unsw, there still remains 3 boxes unticked (the last three) in my application process. Is this correct? Is this the furthest I can go into accepting/enrolling for my course online, or can I go further?

The boxes that are unticked are: What Now?, Enrolment tools, You're a Student. I know these headings might not deserve a tick because they're quite unimportant, but why put a box there otherwise?

My current status is Matriculation. Is this correct at this point in time?

Also, can somebody explain to me what exactly this means:
Liability Status: Deferred Pay Option Post 05

I do intend on paying a bit of up-front cash to get the 20% off, but am going for HECS/HELP either way.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

gman03

HSC
You can't go further until sometime around early Feburary (The exact date would have been indicated on the last page of your acceptance). Then you can start adding courses etc.

Your current status is correct as far as I know.

Princeps_

HSC
Is there any distinction between mathematics Tutorial 1 and tutorial 2 and would it matter in the order that u place them on the timetable.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Princeps_ said:
Is there any distinction between mathematics Tutorial 1 and tutorial 2 and would it matter in the order that u place them on the timetable.
Yes they are different. One is an algebra tutorial, another is a calculus totorial. You have to pick one from each. It doesn't matter what order they are in.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
zkuld said:
I've already added my courses and gotten a timetable.
me too........and my last three boxes arent teicked either....maybe its coz u can change ur timetable weneva u want and drop or add courses.....as long as uve got a timetable, then uve enrolled......:)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
joujou_84 said:
me too........and my last three boxes arent teicked either....maybe its coz u can change ur timetable weneva u want and drop or add courses.....as long as uve got a timetable, then uve enrolled......:)
Don't worry about the last three boxes, when I did my enrolment last year, they were tick-off either. But as you as you have chosen your subjects, all is good!

zkuld

newblet
HSC
for anyone doing my course- does 20hrs/week for both semesters seem right?

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
my sister is doing civil and she has 20 hours a week....me on the other hand am doing renewable energy and have 22

Princeps_

HSC
Ok final question, when must u complete ur time table and enrol with the times u have allocated??

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
myunsw says Friday 11th March is last day for enrolling, which is weird cos that's after session starts..

I have a question too, I'm doing Commerce and planning to double major. I've enrolled for session 1 and 2, but myunsw still says "plan undeclared". Is this normal, or is it not a problem for first years? Will i have to change it before session starts, and is there any other way to do that than going to the uni again (I just went yesterday to get my student card). Did anyone else start uni with their plan undeclared?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Kazuya said:
myunsw says Friday 11th March is last day for enrolling, which is weird cos that's after session starts..
The dates on myUNSW are the absolute absolute last dates....you want to do it as soon as possible.

er123456

Hey for UNSW med enrolment i can add courses but i don't have a timetable nor an option to make one.

THats normal isn't it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)