help!!! (1 Viewer)

matthewlau

HSC
N/A
i just finished my half year, i didn't study for shits and obviously my assessments mark came out to be pretty crap. i rank below the average for almost every subjects that i do: maths 4u, eng esl, physics, chemistry and i regretted so much. my question is your ranking in school really important? if you fail miserably in your school assessments, are you still be able to catch up in the hsc exam? if you guys can give me any kinds of advices, that would definitely be helpful to me.

HSC
i just finished my half year, i didn't study for shits and obviously my assessments mark came out to be pretty crap. i rank below the average for almost every subjects that i do: maths 4u, eng esl, physics, chemistry and i regretted so much. my question is your ranking in school really important? if you fail miserably in your school assessments, are you still be able to catch up in the hsc exam? if you guys can give me any kinds of advices, that would definitely be helpful to me.
Well im not much of an expert but I think you have got yourself in a bad position which will be very hard to recover from.... Lets see what the more experienced BOS members have to say.

jessoapc

HSC
If you can bring up your 4 unit maths mark it will scale like crazy and really help massively, but you have to start working for it... now :) Take advantage of the 3 week break and methodically go through every single thing that's been taught in 3 and 4 unit maths so far. Don't procrastinate, don't make excuses, just do it.

I know it seems overwhelming but once you just get stuck into doing the work, you will start to calm down as you work through the topics because you will see the progress. There's also a link to my website in my signature that would be really useful to you because I do lots of video tutorials relating to HSC maths, including 3 and 4 unit. Take a look. If you're still panicking, email me from the contact details on my website and I'll point you in the right direction.

There's still time to pull it together, but I wouldn't wait much longer to get on top of things!

ZeeZee3

HSC
Im not an experienced boser, however, the calculation of your internal mark is relied heavily on your rankings in each of your assessments. Since internal mark is 50% of each subject you do, it will contribute to 50% of your atar (i am assuming so please correct me if im wrong). So if your ranks are pretty bad, you are in a pretty bad position, that is unless you kill the rest of your assessments and absolutely rip your trials (which are 40% of your INTERNAL, i think), then you are not likely to get a good or desirable atar. Please correct me if im wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)