Help!!! :( (1 Viewer)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
My teacher went to one of his seminars and told me it was very boring and not very engaged with the audience. According to Wikipedia, he started as an accountant and studied Commerce at University of Newcastle. You don't look at accountants for economic advice.
Was this the UBS one?

He is pretty boring. I went to the UBS one and when his seminar was one, i hated it.

He makes economics sound easy, and when people pull lines from him to try to sound smart it annoys me. not becaause it is overly simple.But because it overlooks everything!!

Blocy

HSC
N/A
IMO Gittins is alot better at writing his articles than public speaking, the speech that he gave was O.K in outlining monetary + fiscal policies and their current usages but I feel it could of been done alot better, it was very dull and not interactive at all. (This was at the Penrith Economics Day a week ago).

determine

Premium Member
HSC
to study for economics, you need three main tools:

1. a good set of notes - make them as detailed and as thorough as possible, using diagrams and statistics to SUPPORT the theory that is covered in textbooks.
2. continually update your statistics and information - economics is not a static subject, it is constantly changing and developing, and to be really successful in the subject you need to dedicate time to updating your information. i devoted lots of time to reading newspaper articles and just researching general articles on various issues covered in the economics course and it paid off me! :)
3. past papers, practice, practice and practice question and after question in different formats - multi choice, short answers and extended responses. also learn the hsc verbs - that is really important, don't underestimate it. :)

tOnnyAyye

HSC
Uni Grad
IMO Gittins is alot better at writing his articles than public speaking, the speech that he gave was O.K in outlining monetary + fiscal policies and their current usages but I feel it could of been done alot better, it was very dull and not interactive at all. (This was at the Penrith Economics Day a week ago).
LOL. I went to the Penrith Economics Day as well and Gittins talk about irrelevant content, kinda gone off track when I was filling the sheet. IMO, the best part of the day is the first lecturer, when he explained how to improve in Economics. It was useful for me since I kinda did bad before, now I'm actually improving. =]

theind1996

HSC
N/A
to study for economics, you need three main tools:

1. a good set of notes - make them as detailed and as thorough as possible, using diagrams and statistics to SUPPORT the theory that is covered in textbooks.
2. continually update your statistics and information - economics is not a static subject, it is constantly changing and developing, and to be really successful in the subject you need to dedicate time to updating your information. i devoted lots of time to reading newspaper articles and just researching general articles on various issues covered in the economics course and it paid off me! :)
3. past papers, practice, practice and practice question and after question in different formats - multi choice, short answers and extended responses. also learn the hsc verbs - that is really important, don't underestimate it. :)
but there are very few past papers?

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Rules in-order to succeed in Economics:

1) Consolidated Notes:
You cannot do well unless you are extremely familiar with all the terminology and how the system of economics works. The more detailed the better.

2) Statistics (up-to-date):
Like every economist you see when presenting, they always refer to statistics. Nothing you say will be taken very clearly unless you have evidence. Economics is a "social science", as always you need evidence to backup your arguments. Make sure it's up-to-date as much as possible, no longer than 2 years ago. I'v certainly never seen any economist, like the ones in WestPac who never come in with old statistics, so try to keep it as most recent as possible.

3) Past Papers:
As always, never forget past papers.

Anyways, I haven't really done these kind of things with economics :) so I'm kinda a hypocrite but it you do these you certainly will do well.
On average though if you can grasp the concept pretty quickly you should be fine.
So far I was able to survive :)

Got 18/20 for my essay/report on the global case study. Got 19/20 for my essay on multi-national corporations etc. Now, this one I'm not 100% sure but on the top of my head I got 65-66/70 for my test.

Like always, ask if you need help :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)