hey guys do you think unsw or usyd will let me take maths advanced bridging course (2 Viewers)

Bianca288283939

HSC
hey guys so im currenlty doing maths standard with my motive of doing a accounting degree at usyd or unsw but im scared i might not get accepted because they listed maths adv for assumed knowledge and i read on forums that some unis look down at me just bc i do standard and does it affect whether they accept me or not???

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
from what I know unsw and usyd offer bridging courses for extension 1 topics not advanced
I don't think you're barred from enrolling in courses bcz you don't have the assumed knowledge but it might be slightly harder to keep up. uni's definitely aren't "looking down" on anybody for it that's for sure. also I think you'll be fine to study accounting with just standard tbh

Bianca288283939

HSC
from what I know unsw and usyd offer bridging courses for extension 1 topics not advanced
I don't think you're barred from enrolling in courses bcz you don't have the assumed knowledge but it might be slightly harder to keep up. uni's definitely aren't "looking down" on anybody for it that's for sure. also I think you'll be fine to study accounting with just standard tbh
do you think i can apply for briding course somewhere else like uts and do my course???

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
do you think i can apply for briding course somewhere else like uts and do my course???
I guess you could it seems UTS does a bridging course for advanced, for your peace of mind you could take it and then study accounting elsewhere
like I said I'm pretty sure you don't NEED to have done advanced for accounting

lolcti

HSC
N/A
math advanced isn't that difficult imo you can catch up in the break from after the hsc till uni starts, ext 1 may require bridging courses but just look at the courses in the uni coursebook and learn all the concepts mentioned through that it will literally take less than a month if you put effort. USYD its a prereq so unless you actually do math advanced you can't get in unfortunately (there is ways though I think MOOC) For UNSW its assumed knowledge, you can get in regardless of doing math advanced but they'll assume you already know but they'll still teach the concepts.

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
math advanced isn't that difficult imo you can catch up in the break from after the hsc till uni starts, ext 1 may require bridging courses but just look at the courses in the uni coursebook and learn all the concepts mentioned through that it will literally take less than a month if you put effort. USYD its a prereq so unless you actually do math advanced you can't get in unfortunately (there is ways though I think MOOC) For UNSW its assumed knowledge, you can get in regardless of doing math advanced but they'll assume you already know but they'll still teach the concepts.
wait at usyd is doing advanced actually a condition of entry

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
there goes my dream uni lollllll but idm unsw but the campus just look sos cool
you can still do the calculus mooc course to meet the math prerequisites if you're set on going to usyd (i think there's also an exam after completing the course and then they check you off as essentially meeting the math prerequisites). i think i heard somewhere you can apply to the non-prerequisite degrees at usyd like arts do a semester of that with good marks then apply to transfer to accounting but you'll need to do more research on that cos idk the full details

for unsw you need to do the bachelor of commerce then pick an accounting major in the second year (they make you do a bunch of integrated courses in first year to allow you to get a taste of the different disciplines the commerce degree offers) but from what i've seen there's not really any super tough math in the first year courses (mostly excel spreadsheets and formulas and stuff in some of them - the one i'm doing this term is just 90% content and 10% super basic arithmetic math. you've also got a year til you pick an accounting major so you also have enough time to bring your maths skills up)

Bianca288283939

HSC
you can still do the calculus mooc course to meet the math prerequisites if you're set on going to usyd (i think there's also an exam after completing the course and then they check you off as essentially meeting the math prerequisites). i think i heard somewhere you can apply to the non-prerequisite degrees at usyd like arts do a semester of that with good marks then apply to transfer to accounting but you'll need to do more research on that cos idk the full details

for unsw you need to do the bachelor of commerce then pick an accounting major in the second year (they make you do a bunch of integrated courses in first year to allow you to get a taste of the different disciplines the commerce degree offers) but from what i've seen there's not really any super tough math in the first year courses (mostly excel spreadsheets and formulas and stuff in some of them - the one i'm doing this term is just 90% content and 10% super basic arithmetic math. you've also got a year til you pick an accounting major so you also have enough time to bring your maths skills up)
may i ask what math topics are used in accounting???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)