• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

hhmmmmm push ups (1 Viewer)

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
how many can u do?

im talkin in one minute or otherwise

my personal best was 80 in one minute but they were all retarded :p

my math teacher in yr 10 happened to be a body builder and by that time i had stopped doing push ups. In front of him, i did 60 in one min :cool:

now, i dont time myself but i make sure (if ever i try again) to do 60-80 in groups of 20s and 10s

btw, how do i put up the kinda thread where voting is used?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
groups of 20s and 10s? and here i thought you were huge.

mack

Banned
HSC
Yeah I can get to around 50 non stop until my arms become completely buggered. I usually try to get to 60-70 daily though.

I can get to around 150 situps now as well.

mack

Banned
HSC
100 situps after two days is pretty damn good. Increase it by 20 a day, thats what I used to do.

Do you benchpress? Most rugby players I know benchpress, and they have huge chests and arms.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
at our year 10 fitness test i managed to do around 4. now i think i could do 15 non stop.

mr EaZy

HSC
lol, i just did 60 push ups right now (i cant prove this though )

im not huge. in fact im underweight. dunno why im 50 kg and around 170 cm.
in between our trials we had 3 days of partying.
after all that i actually lost 1 kg! amazing!

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
what are doing pushups for your maths teacher for?

-a-s-h-i-

HSC
yeah..i do 100 push ups and sit ups a day, trying to get big muscles, lol..not working thou :(

mr EaZy

HSC
my teacher was a MALE body builder (i think he's top in my regoin and third/4th in state or somethin like that, the guys in my class wanted to dsholw him wat kind of a terrorist i was

in yr 7 i did 33 in 60 sec. in yr 8-10 every one went crazy coz of push ups so i had to perform. so heres my secret:

i firstly started of in my room: i put a clock just above the place where my head goes down right. then i did as many push ups as i could (30). Wait exactly 5 sec, then do a as many as i could handle (20) then 5 sec and then 15 then 10 sec and then 5 and kept on going until i couldnt do not one push up. thats how i got started.

then i moved my self outdoors and only decided to do pushups in cold weather (windy too and at night) on my balcony (so that my sweat rapidly dries up and i feel comfortable and not sweaty. so i did push ups there and a few kicks and punches and jump up and down.

jumping up and down gives u great abs! i never do sit ups. ITs just a waste of time for me.
if i ever do sit ups, i do one or two really long ones. My teacher taught me this tech.

also, with push ups do one very long push up - ie: stay near to the ground for 10 sec. pretty good!. I dont do these things anymore though....this was all in the past

mr EaZy

HSC
also with push ups, u dont work ur biceps and all that, u need dumbbells for that.

but with push ups, u should adjust the place where u place ur arms so as to work out a diff part of ur chest, and forearm. :)
cheers!

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
and plams really close together work triceps, similar to close grip bench press.

and to that guy who said he cant bench press very well, try dumbbell press, ie you have a weight in each hand, i think its more effective than barbell bench .

and also if you want to get big, push ups wont get you anywhere.

z.co

all u ppl are saying u can do so-and-so many pushups.. do u ever thikn that some ppl are doing it differently.?

if u try with ur plams on top of each other.. itse hardr..

if u do pushup- when u go down.. and your arms and elbows are parrallel to your body, its also harder.

try doing pushups slowly.. its harder.!

do pushups on 3- chairs and its also harder (one chair for each arm. and one for feet)
your body goes lower than ur usual point

i can do 40 pushups with palm of hands ontop of each other... going down about when my nose is about 4cm from ground... (my nose is not very big) doing it slowly tho...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)