• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

hhmmmmm push ups (1 Viewer)

budj

HSC
Well before the HSC i could do 160 push ups in a row, with arms shoulder width apart. But now i am back to around 90, and i am working up. Before uni, i want to be up to 200 push ups, and 30 chinups. I use an absweing to work abs, i hate sit ups

Lorie

HSC
funny story, our economics teacher ex-footy player was talking about his work out he does and told us he does push ups and sit ups and all that. One of the loud mouth, fish like student yelled out "No way you can do push ups sir!". One thing lead to another and the teacher bet this guys a schooner that he can do $50 push ups. Then and there the teacher did 60 push ups to rub it in, and the gys bought the beer at the formal, funny event, and he said it was the beest beer he's ever tasted

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
isn't the bigger your biceps are, the harder it is to do pushups?

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
you need to burn the layer of fat around your stomach because the abs wont show through. so that means cardiovascular excercises like running.

then start doin crunches, side crunches, bicycle manuver, the plank, or captains chair.

my mate reckons the quickest way to get abs is to also have a steady diet of protein to accomodate it. (to repair the microtears in the muscle)

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
If you do a shitload of situps I reckon it'll help...
I mean, wheneva I do em, my stomach hurts the next day... lol

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
Dash said:
If you do a shitload of situps I reckon it'll help...
I mean, wheneva I do em, my stomach hurts the next day... lol
heheh that only aids in improving your core strength (for weights). what most people forget is that you need to burn the fat around the stomach area.

mack

Banned
HSC
On top of what everyone else said, also drink a shitload of water throughout the day. This will flush excess sodium from your body and make your muscles more visible.

Last edited:

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
TimeAndTide said:
Can you turn skinny arms into arms with muscles with lots of fibre and work-outs?
you need to build body mass, (alot of protein and fats), hit the gym for weight sessions. bicep curls mostly.

mack

Banned
HSC
Some more tips for obtaining better abs:

-change up your workout routine
- perform ab workouts after a lifting session or after cardio to change things up
- consume less sodium
- perform ab workouts with 30 second rests
- perform ab workouts in a circuit to reduce fatigue in certain abdominal areas.

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
mack said:
On top of what everyone else said, also drink a shitload of water throughout the day. This will flush excess sodium from your body and make your muscles more visible.

huh???? totally wrong. drinking less water makes you more toned, because there is less water in the muscles, so therefore you look leaner. bodybuilders before contests alwyas try to consume the least amount of water, thus making there muscles look even more developed.

and i think if you try to 'flush out excess sodium' you will start cramping easily...

where do you get your info from???

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
wrx said:
whats the quickest way to get good abs?
abs are made in the kitchen :uhhuh: :uhhuh: seriously its all diet.

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
a good looking set of abs is not always the same as a strong set of abs

mack

Banned
HSC
mr_speedy said:
huh???? totally wrong. drinking less water makes you more toned, because there is less water in the muscles, so therefore you look leaner. bodybuilders before contests alwyas try to consume the least amount of water, thus making there muscles look even more developed.

and i think if you try to 'flush out excess sodium' you will start cramping easily...

where do you get your info from???
I read an article from a model....it was on the net somewhere.

Jase

HSC
holy shat im weak. i can do about 30 pushups before i pass out.
then about 50-60 sit ups and like.. 10 crunches. and then i pass out.. or vomit.
A couple of days ago i went bike riding for like the first time in 5 years, about an hour. And i came back and felt woozy. This is not normal is it.

and yeah i really need to burn off that fat in the abs. It find it hard to bend over without the flab stitching up and blocking further bending. .. okay exaggerating a bit.. but the flab is there. where can i find some kinda diet for normal people.. not body builders or overweight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)