High expectations (1 Viewer)

angel_belle2004

HSC
Okay, I go to a school that has high expectations in every subject I take in and its mentally disturbing me.

Here is the scenario:

"Your maths teach tells you to study all the chapters of trigonometry, trometric identities, exact values, unit of circle, cosine rule, sine rule area of triangle, amibigous cases and problem solving the day before the exam. So you rush to study your needs and requirements to do the test. However when you sat the test your like "WTF" NONE of what you studied is in the test exemption of SOH CAH TOA. So you sit there knowning you'll get 100%"

I've had milllions of scenarios of these deceiving teachers and I am fed up... Would you?

The posture and gesture of these teachers seem so SERIOUS and you'll mentally give in yourself.

The after effect of my dillemma only resulted in me ranting on saturday, sunday and public holiday monday the trigometric idenities and radians.

(by the way this is my first year at a muslim school)

Share any expriences?

occer

HSC
N/A
All my teachers are pretty honest and cool people. Tough luck.

I've only started learning cosine rules, ambiguous cases etc. in the last month.

kawaiinlove

HSC
I know what you mean. but The SC is a waste of time anyway. save your energy for the hsc.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Okay, I go to a school that has high expectations in every subject I take in and its mentally disturbing me.

Here is the scenario:

"Your maths teach tells you to study all the chapters of trigonometry, trometric identities, exact values, unit of circle, cosine rule, sine rule area of triangle, amibigous cases and problem solving the day before the exam. So you rush to study your needs and requirements to do the test. However when you sat the test your like "WTF" NONE of what you studied is in the test exemption of SOH CAH TOA. So you sit there knowning you'll get 100%"

I've had milllions of scenarios of these deceiving teachers and I am fed up... Would you?

The posture and gesture of these teachers seem so SERIOUS and you'll mentally give in yourself.

The after effect of my dillemma only resulted in me ranting on saturday, sunday and public holiday monday the trigometric idenities and radians.

Share any expriences?
That's like me. For my half yearlies, i studied shit hard for the chapters our teacher said was going to be in the test. The test turns out to be a whole lot different and a whole lot easier.

Zedez

HSC
Yeah, much of the stuff you learn in Year 10 won't be in the SC, but will be important for Year 11.

I found 7-10, if I didn't get on with my teachers, they would hate me, but for some reason I would do just as well in the class ;-) Year 11 though, had to fix that up.

If you have cool teachers, great, if not, just try to get on with it. If you did well, who cares about much else? If you aren't, work out whats holding you back. If it's the teacher, work around it, talk to them about it, or just try and do the work your own way and ignore them as much as possible.

angel_belle2004

HSC
That's like me. For my half yearlies, i studied shit hard for the chapters our teacher said was going to be in the test. The test turns out to be a whole lot different and a whole lot easier.
I have yet to sit my half yearly exams.. tomorrow.... wondering how mentally and psycologically be prepared XD

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Too bad about the teachers... but that happens a lot in all my exams... (except Physics, where they tell us nothing what's going to be in the tests/exams... so you guess :lol: good fun).

It is bound to happen that you will either over study/under study until you get that pattern of study mastered just before the HSC (hopefully, earlier the better).

madam butterfly

HSC
Yeah i have an english teacher like that atm for my HSC,,, dont worry about your SC exams though, it will be ok, yeah teachers at my skool tend to imply heaps of pressure too,:)

HSC
2 wks before whatever exam i have coming up:

teacher: ok girls heres the assesment notification
me: *looks at notification* notification says: outcomes assessed: "6. blah blah blah"
me: ms whats on the test?
teacher: everything on the syllabus

2 wks later

me: *study hardcore*
walk into exam, do exam
walk out of exam
me: wtf was that?! half the stuff i studied for wasnt even in there!!

yes, teachers love making you study hard out. last questions are meant to be the hardest and its what they believe seperate the best from the rest. but really... what if you're the best but that particular question is just your weak point?

being a good student, getting good marks and doing your work in yr 10 puts you in a better place in year 11 if you have the same teachers. they put more effort into helping you than others who are slackers when it comes to helping students out.

Uncle

Banned
HSC

Here is the scenario:

Share any expriences?
this is nothing.
wait until university.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
well duh, of course half the stuff you study isn't going to be in the exam, if the whole syllabus was in there it would be more like an eight hour exam. The whole point is that you study for everything knowing half the shit wont be in the exam, but knowing you're prepared for whatever is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)