Highest Scaling Subjects (Not Maths) (1 Viewer)

LeadTaco

HSC
N/A
Hi, i'm currently in Year 10 and next term im gonna have to choose my subjects for HSC.
Ive been thinking about it a lot but before i come to a decision i wanted to see which were the highest scaling subjects, excluding Maths it was the subject that took up all my time during the exam and i still ended up getting a C for it.
Also what is the difference between IPT and ICT and how do they scale.
Thanks

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Hi, i'm currently in Year 10 and next term im gonna have to choose my subjects for HSC.
Ive been thinking about it a lot but before i come to a decision i wanted to see which were the highest scaling subjects, excluding Maths it was the subject that took up all my time during the exam and i still ended up getting a C for it.
Also what is the difference between IPT and ICT and how do they scale.
Thanks
You shouldn't really base your subject choices on high scaling subjects but I will tell you the subjects which scale higher then 4U mathematics. If you do Classical Greek or Latin, they beat 4U mathematics easily. This is not to say, every school provides language based subs such as Latin, although it is worth considering if you are seriously choosing subs based on 'high scaled = success'. You may have to check with your school if they teach such languages, as they aren't really mainstream.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
IPT scales poorly.

But don't let that fact stop you from doing it if you know you succeed in it.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
How about IST
IST is a Years 9 & 10 Elective rather than a HSC subject.

Are you referring to SDD or IT VET?

In terms of scaling (if you wanted to know), SDD > IPT but SDD still scales below average I believe.

LeadTaco

HSC
N/A
IST is a Years 9 & 10 Elective rather than a HSC subject.

Are you referring to SDD or IT VET?

In terms of scaling (if you wanted to know), SDD > IPT but SDD still scales below average I believe.
I was referring to IPT, i didn't know it was a VET subject but thanks for answersing

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I was referring to IPT, i didn't know it was a VET subject but thanks for answersing
No, IPT is not a VET subject.

There's a course called IT VET.

Then there's IPT and SDD.

LeadTaco

HSC
N/A
So all 3 scale poorly, wow that sucks since i came 2nd in IST this year
In your opinion, which is the closest to IST

russ3l

HSC
Physics, chemistry, latin, music 2, english ext (1 and 2) :)

However, physics has an element of maths in it so that may be a no go as well. Good luck with your choices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)