History Ext MP (1 Viewer)

etoile rouge

HSC
Hello to all the new year 12 students doing Extsion History.
Does anyone have ideas for their major project?
:)

TannouB

HSC
hi im 'ex yr 12' :p but i did christianity in ancient Rome, pretty interesting topic IMO.

lol goodnight haha...

sardonicerrors

its do or die this year.
HSC
hey hey

our class of 7 discussed it for the entire lesson last time, and here were some of the topics that came up that could be useful:

the spanish inquisition (thats what I'm doing xP)
vlad the impaler
the early royal family (Queen Elizabeth I, Henry the 8th, etc.)
cleopatra
julius caeser
robin hood
the crusades

looking at the syllabus also helps, because there's a full list of case studies that teachers must choose their case study from. you can choose any topic so long as it doesnt clash with the case study you are doing in class.

gella

HSC
hmm i've decided on the nazi holocaust, and the conspiracy theories surrounding it

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
I'm doing children overboard but i haven't decided on my focus. I have to decide between HX and EX2, or maybe I'll do both.

why...

HSC
i did cleopatra. but it depends on what your interested in...

primalelement

HSC
i did my mp surrounding the issues of revisionism and denial, using the holocaust as a case study.

very very interesting stuff.

Edgedancer

HSC
I personally did "How did Arthur Evans confused sexuality, opinios and childhood impact upon his interpretation of Knossos." I got 80% for that which I am reasonably happy with considering I only put in a huge amount of effort the month beofre it was due. The key is to find something you are genuinly interested in learning about as it can make the task that much more manageable.

Jakeo

HSC
I've settled on a general idea, trying to refine a question now.

Mainly the fact the USA intended WWII to end as it did, and that it rose to a superpower purely because it manipulated WWII and the aftermath to its advantage - and becoming in 1985 the single world Superpower.

The_Nina

HSC
I've changed my mind 4 times already. xD
It went from Historical events shaping modern forms of entertainment to Roswell to Aurora Borealis now to How Aboriginals left their history behind without a written history.

Or something along those lines.
If anyone can see any faults in my last topic, PLEASEEEEEEE let me know!

I bid thee good luck!

Edgedancer

HSC
That is a quite good one as you can easily intergrate the Keith Windshuttle debate into it which will strengthen your question 1 in the exam.

The_Nina

HSC
Hmm. I could do that, yes.
Also, I wasn't sure if I am able to do that, because, our MJ is not allowed to intertwine with a SC or HSC History syllabus..
:/
Does anyone know if that topic ^ interfers with it?

Last edited:

Failure_123

HSC
For those who have done it, can you suggest any topic that may be relevant to what we are learning and possibly able use it in our essays (e.g. HSC essays)??

And any general tips for extension history course would b appreciated, as it's a time consuming and is somewhat difficult. I'm finding it abit hard to follow :(

Thecorey0

HSC
For those who have done it, can you suggest any topic that may be relevant to what we are learning and possibly able use it in our essays (e.g. HSC essays)??

And any general tips for extension history course would b appreciated, as it's a time consuming and is somewhat difficult. I'm finding it abit hard to follow :(
The best thing to do it to follow the main part of the syllabus. Pick something that relates to one or more of the 5 key questions. For mine I basically just analysed a work of an 'ancient' historian, and ended up using the historian in section I of the exam. The course itself is quite tough. In my opinion it is a regular 2-unit course condensed into 1 unit.

studybuddy09

HSC
I was thinking a case study on historical interpretation of a figure in history, and here are some ideas that I like, however I've been told that some of them are a bit mainstream and so are hard to stand out from the crowd on:

Wellington (Arthur Wellesley)

Gorbachov

There were a few others but I can't remember them

suling

HSC
I'm doing Lady Jane Grey, probably how views of her have changed over time i.e. from very hagiographical works right up to feminist perspectives..

I am ridiculously excited about it, i mean, I actually have an excuse to spend hours reading..

suling

HSC
this major work is gonna be a lot of hard work
+1

but hopefully worth it, especially if you want to go into something related to history after school. I think we will learn a lot of skills while doing it.

Oh..and the research part will be awesome!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)