History Extension HSC who's ready???? (2 Viewers)

HSC
Hey!!
hows study going for history extension HSC??
how many historians are you's going to remeber, and which historians
are you going to remember an essay for the second question
any predictions
share your thoughts on the exam here
XXX

sirpoopalot7

HSC
Incredibly boring lol. I really really hope its question on how history is constructed by historians. Probably going to do 5-6 historians in depth.

And pretty much fucked for case study. Spain and decline of the Aztecs, I swear we're the only school who does it.

0hNivlek

HSC
HAVENT STUDIED YET /slit.

We're doing appeasement: peace or war? Love the case study lol!

missgraceful

What a joke..
HSC
Incredibly boring lol. I really really hope its question on how history is constructed by historians. Probably going to do 5-6 historians in depth.

And pretty much fucked for case study. Spain and decline of the Aztecs, I swear we're the only school who does it.
I do it too!
I love it :)

Umm I have about 13 historians ready to use, probably only use about 6 or 7 in depth depending on the question :)
Can't wait, nearly all over!

Misz

HSC
I do it too!

Umm I have about 13 historians ready to use, probably only use about 6 or 7 in depth depending on the question :)

Ok this might be late how doo u study for this?
im struggling :(

Like im not bad at it but i dunno what to do ?? HELP :(

HSC
Ok this might be late how doo u study for this?
im struggling :(

Like im not bad at it but i dunno what to do ?? HELP :(
umm...well thers no definite way of studyin extension history......but uhm ive just been memorising my notes on 6-7 historians which are very detailed.....and i did two past paper question1......um with question 1 you basically have to respond to the article so think its good to practice that.......and for question two im planning to rmember like a basic essay plan for elizabeth and modify according to the question.......good luck n dont stress!!!....hope that helped
XXX

haruandyuki

HSC
Can anyone recommend any extra readings? And yes, im freaking out :(

haruandyuki

HSC
I do it too!

Out of curiosity, what historians have you studied for section 1 and why?
Im having trouble choosing mine.

nevi

HSC
I haven't exactly gotten around to studying for this yet... woops. I'll write a couple of practice essays tonight or something.

I'm doing three historians super in depth for question 1 - why does everyone have so many? o_O

Just like half of the candidature I'm doing JFK haha, pretty easy. Can't wait for 4pm on Friday, though! lol

HSC
I haven't exactly gotten around to studying for this yet... woops. I'll write a couple of practice essays tonight or something.

I'm doing three historians super in depth for question 1 - why does everyone have so many? o_O

Just like half of the candidature I'm doing JFK haha, pretty easy. Can't wait for 4pm on Friday, though! lol
is it your last exam aswell????
omgg i cant wait till its over
well i have 6 historians coz im freaked out thstthey wont fit the article
oh n good luck!!!!!!
yeah study lol
XXX

patrick little

HSC

Don't worry I have only 4.. I was worried when i read this thing until now... and I have like maybe 3 in depth and about 2 not so in depth for my case study which is the Crusades

angelita

HSC
I'm really stuggling for this...and I've lost all motivation. My case study is JFK and I feel pretty okay about it, I got 21/25 for it in the trial, but my major concern is the historians. Haaaaate these questions, but the trial question was pretty good, I have to say.

Also I don't know which historians to write about. I'm thinking of having a range; Herodotus, Bede, Von Ranke and maybe two modern historians to complete it. :(

Thecorey0

HSC
I am looking forward to seeing the subject off. My marks in it are like 20% lower then all my others. Need like 45ish for it to count. Still love it though. Worst time for it to be on, last exam on a Friday afternoon. I will use 3-5 historians in depth for section I depending on the source/question, ususally around 12ish pages. For the cast study, I do the crusades *high five Patrick Little*, it is quite easy. I will use 4 historians in depth, roughly the same length as section I.

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
haven't even touched it yet. LOL.......gonna start tonight

i'm gonna use: herodotus, thucydides, bede, von ranke & reynolds or windshuttle

jfk - man & myth, cuba, indochina

0hNivlek

HSC
Question 1: I use whatever historian suits the issues.

Question 2: appeasement: peace or war? This is quite easy!

I just need to study and revise the historians quotes !!

AvalonPrincess7

Lost in Chemistry Fog
HSC
I'me pretty prepared I still need to learn exact quotes but I could write a very decent essay now without much drama.

Section One- Herodotus, Thucydides, Xenophon, Von Ranke, Reynolds, Windschuttle, Starkey and Bassnett

Section Two- (Elizabeth) Joel Hurstfield, Alan G. R. Smith, A. L. Rowse, A. H. Dodd, Sir John Neale, Susan Bassnet, William Camden With Shakespeare in Love as my popular interpretation.

Scinery

HSC
lol ok i'm not ready, but shouldnt be too hard to cram for...should it?

I've written a scaffold for a JFK essay but i seem to want to talk about eeeverything and i dont know what to cut out :(

BTW does anyone know if the "impact of kennedy's private life on presidential responsibilities" falls under the debate "public vs private" ? probably a stupid question but i really don't know anything about that debate lol

and for What is History...pretty much just learn every single historian we know back to front right?

BTW can SOMEONE PLEASE CLARIFY

for What is History, are we required to focus our essay on OUR OWN VIEW of the answer to the question? i.e WE become historians (by using other historians to back us up??? )
probs another stupid question =\

missgraceful

What a joke..
HSC
for What is History, are we required to focus our essay on OUR OWN VIEW of the answer to the question? i.e WE become historians (by using other historians to back us up??? )
Yes you do this.. Its your own view integrated heavily with the source they give you and other supporting historians (6-7) :)

Thecorey0

HSC
BTW can SOMEONE PLEASE CLARIFY

It depends on the question. The question may be an 'analyse this quote...', or it could be a question regarding the construction/purpose/... of history. As far as I know, you answer the question with close reference to the source and your own opinion. Personally, I have been hounded in my essays for not putting my opinion out enough. Although our opinion is very important, without close reference to the source, you are screwed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)