history q (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
hi i just about finished my subject selections, but i am stuck on either picking ancient or modern history, so i would ome advice on these subjects from people who have done either or both subjects. this is pretty urgent but i have until monday to decide.
thnks in advance

MedKid

HSC
im picking Ancient History it is much more Interesting that Modern.
Modern isn't really that much of a gd choice, well if u wanna learn about WWII from a diffrent prospective then Moderns for u.
or if u wanna learn about Hitler and his Side ppl (Forget there names lol) then thats for it.

Now ancient Learn about all the ancient times GReece, Emprours ect..
My teacher was telling me this one story about the Emprour of umm Greece i think
there was the Olypics games happening there were 814 Events and he had won all 814 Events came first in all
everyone was shit scared bout him cause he was emprour (im abit rusty on my history so ill make a few errors)

but Pompei is a complousry Topic to learn (correct me if im wrong any1)

Ancient history from what my teachers have told me is Very Interesting cause none of it relates to us and how we live its Truly amazing very fun and interesting subject

Modern jus bors the shit out of me cause Bahhhhhh World War II is World war II lame lol but entirly up to u
if i were u id go for Ancient u will find that it is more fun and interesting than modern.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Well its up to you persosnally. But Modern History is not Australian History btw (unless your teacher decides to pick this obscure topic, which is relatively a rare situation). You don't just learn about WWI or WWII- theres China, Russia, Ireland, the USA, Germany, Japan etc for National Studies and Personality Studies that cover a wide range of historical figures. For your International Studies, you (or the teacher) get to choose from the Cold War, Arab-Israeli Conflict, Indochina etc etc; not just Conflict in Europe or Pacific.

But likewise goes with Ancient- ranging from Sparta to Rome to Egypt to Agrippina to the Persian Wars. Theres a wide range of topics that you get to choose from, or the rather, your teacher.

Do some research, and pick one that you'll find more interesting. If in doubt, ask your teacher and if you're unsatisfied with it at first during ur first term, drop it :)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
MedKid said:
im picking Ancient History it is much more Interesting that Modern.
Modern isn't really that much of a gd choice, well if u wanna learn about WWII from a diffrent prospective then Moderns for u.
or if u wanna learn about Hitler and his Side ppl (Forget there names lol) then thats for it.

Now ancient Learn about all the ancient times GReece, Emprours ect..
My teacher was telling me this one story about the Emprour of umm Greece i think
there was the Olypics games happening there were 814 Events and he had won all 814 Events came first in all
everyone was shit scared bout him cause he was emprour (im abit rusty on my history so ill make a few errors)

but Pompei is a complousry Topic to learn (correct me if im wrong any1)

Ancient history from what my teachers have told me is Very Interesting cause none of it relates to us and how we live its Truly amazing very fun and interesting subject

Modern jus bors the shit out of me cause Bahhhhhh World War II is World war II lame lol but entirly up to u
if i were u id go for Ancient u will find that it is more fun and interesting than modern.
he he, emperor of greece...

Both subjects are really good and generally have about the same workload. both have A LOT of content, so be prepared. Id go with Ancient cuz its awsome, but thats just me.

sielz121

HSC
im studying modern atm and its probably my favourite subject.
We do WW1, Germany, Albert Speer and Arab-Israeli Conflict.
There is a lot of content and you need to be able to write a good essay but bacause I enjoy it the workload isn't a bore.
It really helps if you have a good teacher too so find out who teaches both courses.

If i could choose my subjects again id do both histories but modern seems to interest me more than ancient. Modern though is a really good subject and i recommend you choose it. If you stay on top of the work it isn't too hard... but dont fall behind cause come trials you'll be cramming way to much content in to remember.And its nothing like the history you do in year 10 which bored the shit out of me.

anyway good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)