Holiday pre-study (1 Viewer)

CaffeineMotor

HSC
Guys you do realise Cjbest is 2012 therefore he's doing his HSC very very soon, he's not a 2013er like the rest of us :p

Unless of course someone can correct me on that.

gleeek

HSC
Guys you do realise Cjbest is 2012 therefore he's doing his HSC very very soon, he's not a 2013er like the rest of us :p

Unless of course someone can correct me on that.
Yes, that's what I thought. He commented on the wrong thread haha

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, that's what I thought. He commented on the wrong thread haha
lol haha

I do remember some kid posting several weeks ago on his own thread "I've finished all my notes for HSC, next year should I just do past papers all year and keep refining my notes?"

lol

hayabusaboston

HSC
lol haha

I do remember some kid posting several weeks ago on his own thread "I've finished all my notes for HSC, next year should I just do past papers all year and keep refining my notes?"

lol
Ya thats my friend "The Professional", truly dedicated dude, though I think he might not have the most efficient pathway in mind for HSC.

HSC
N/A
Thank you so much, this helped a lot :)
Hi gleeek,

Thanks for your comment - I'm glad it helped! Feel free to visit our site (link in the sig below) and shoot us a message if you have any more questions.

Kind Regards,
Delta.

hayabusaboston

HSC
I'm inferring that he didn't do much in prelim to leave all that time to learn the entire hsc course?
Yea he bludged completely in prelim, went to Talent 100 for Chem, phys, 3u and 4u maths tutouring at yr 12 level, and completed yr 12 course a few weeks ago. So now he's "finished" the yr 12 course literally lol. Though I cant REALLY see the point, since he will most definitely forget a shitload of the content if he does not revise, and there is so much content to revise he will struggle to keep everything in his mind I think.

He has a fuckload of notes from other people and he said the weirdest thing to me:

"They're just rhere to read. Imma make my own notes!"

LOL

then I asked "Why do that, when others have already done it?" he replied "So I remember better".

Well EITHER WAY you do it, you're MOSTLY roting stuff from the syllabus, writing it out is just a frickin waste of time when you could memorise what someone has already done. He's pretty much just rewriting what others have done POINTLESSLY. Plus the fact he bought a lot of notes and ended up not using them at all lol besides reading them, WHOSE INFORMATION OF COURSE COMES FROM THE SAME SYLLABUS ANYWAY

My friend sure is an odd little character. Fiercely determined though. As long as he revises EVERYTHING then he'll go well without a doubt in HSC

fionarykim

HSC
Ive started writing notes for biology and physics (mainly bio coz physics is like wtf)
also TRYING to go ahead with maths
but thats not very easy LOL

wouuld looveee to start the english stuff
just have no idea how ):

suprwoman101

HSC
Currently nothing..... But have started on legal syllabus, can't do much for modern as I don't know which electives we are doing..... English I might do a tiny bit of reading on belonging, but other than that I'm enjoying my freeeeeedom!

ClassOf2013

HSC
Our teachers have told us to enjoy this break as a holiday, i'm probably going to read over my textbooks for next year, but i'm not going to study hard or anything.

The Christmas holidays, i'm probably going to study a fair bit (I am going on holiday though). Not 10 hours a day or anything, i'd like to aim for an average of 2 hours study a day.

CaffeineMotor

HSC
Re - writing other notes aint a waste of time at all.

I'm handwriting out someones biology notes on the entire syllabus (my god they're amazing). I can simplify some things he did and in terms of memory retention its much more effective than just reading over something you didn't write.
Helps to re inforce the information in your head then its just a matter of revising over the notes (specifically the ones you've re created from someone else) then just work the hell out of prac Q's.

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
You guys have done so much, now i doubt about getting into 99 range for atar...

CaffeineMotor

HSC
You guys have done so much, now i doubt about getting into 99 range for atar...
Not everyone studies in the holidays. It's in your best interests to do so and it will give you a bit of an edge. Just make sure you start working hard when the term starts if you don't do anything these holidays.
I felt bad when I didn't do anything all of the first week, but now this week I'm doing heaps. You'll be right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)