Holiday Workshops/Courses (1 Viewer)

bubblesss

HSC
hey guys,

anyone know of any holiday workshops which help u to get a headstart for yr 12? if not, is anyone going for holiday courses to any tutoring colleges like matrix, preuni james an etc etc.
is it worth going??????

:wave:

Last edited by a moderator:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Re: holiday study

bubblesss said:
hey guys,

anyone know of any holiday workshops which help u to get a headstart for yr 12? if not, is anyone going for holiday courses to any tutoring colleges like matrix, preuni james an etc etc.
is it worth going??????
or r u just going to do a bit of self-study? if so which textbooks would u recommend for 4 unit maths, bio, physics and chem?

:wave:
For matrix, you have to enrol as a student there first and tutoring program is like part of the mainstream course. I think you get free classes for matrix for twice or three times, I am not really sure. When I got ones, I got two free classes. And you have to take an exam to be positioned at certain class. If you are really good and accelerated on your own, you are encouraged to take a test and get into the acceleration class. I think you need more than 75% to get in.

SeftonIsAHole

HSC
you can try studying from textbooks but if that doesn't work for you then you might wanna take up tutoring. I havent been to any of matrix, pre uni or james ann but i know a few people who go to matrix and they say its decent.

cam.t

HSC
PRIOR EDUCATION @ Bondi & Chatswood for maths, english and physics.
and if you do Bus Stud or Eco, leading edge conducts holidays courses. :)

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
use the two week holiday you have to

RELAX, CHILL OUT AND ENJOY YOURSELF.

you will not be able to do that for the next year, it will wear you down and drive you insane. Stop worrying so much about getting ahead - use your summer holidays to do that, they are incredibly long after all =]

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
cam.t said:
PRIOR EDUCATION @ Bondi & Chatswood for maths, english and physics.
and if you do Bus Stud or Eco, leading edge conducts holidays courses. :)
isn't that stuff expensive!!!

rambam92

HSC
i agree they are heaps expensive prior is like 4,000 or something a year and if u do like 3 courses with them thats 12,000 - i think its a massive waste

cam.t

HSC
lots of my friends have recommend it to me so im giving it a try (Prior)

it depends on what type of learner you are.
if you prefer one-on-one, then i recommend you to get a tutor.
if you prefer practice practice practice, then i recommend you to go to tutoring.
or get help from your class teacher, its always a good choice but my teachers always seem really busy.

and; UNSW also holds holiday courses for Eco, Bus & Legal.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
cam.t said:
lots of my friends have recommend it to me so im giving it a try (Prior)

it depends on what type of learner you are.
if you prefer one-on-one, then i recommend you to get a tutor.
if you prefer practice practice practice, then i recommend you to go to tutoring.
or get help from your class teacher, its always a good choice but my teachers always seem really busy.

and; UNSW also holds holiday courses for Eco, Bus & Legal.
LOL heard all of those are really expensive - I'd rather just try and self learn. But your first point of help should be from your class teacher - and if they're too busy - you'll have to question their dedication and worst resort you might have to complain - because an undedicated teacher will stuff up your HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)