Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Youre not anyone's kind of Catholic, jerkoff

Tangent

HSC
like all things, u have to know the person in question, u cant judge
everyone is differnt
dont b prejudice

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
like all things, u have to know the person in question, u cant judge
everyone is differnt
dont b prejudice
Hence why DOCS and foster care groups have strict filters and guidelines for people to take care of kids.

HerrKross

HSC
N/A
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,28383,25252475-10229,00.html?from=mostpop
Home & Away lesbian kiss between actresses Esther Anderson and Katie Bell cut by Seven

CHANNEL 7 has censored a lesbian kissing scene in its popular family soapie Home and Away after a viewer backlash.

Since the lesbian story line began two weeks ago, 100,000 viewers have turned off and complaints have been flooding in. The now-muted kiss will air on Tuesday night.
The decision was taken to play down the scene after complaints from conservative lobby groups in media reports were followed by complaints from viewers, The Australian reports.
Australians are still stuck in the 1800s, bowing down to the campaign of hatred and bigotry by the religious and conservative right. This would never happen in other western countries like the UK, the Netherlands, Canada and even the traditionally conservative USA.

Last edited:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Well... In the 80s, Eastenders or Coronation St (cant remember) had a trans gender wedding. Few other shows I can think of have had lesbian/gay interactions well before 2009. It's just that the majority of people who watch H&A are morons and are not indicative of the population as a whole.

I hope.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It's a family show folks. It shouldnt undermine the family

HSC
N/A
this was my view last year and its still the same:

bigboyjames said:
i clearly have said that i don't think what gays are doing is right.....did i say that they should die? no
they should be able to do what they want, when they want, but it should not be encouraged nor discouraged....what is wrong this ideology? how is my opinion a threat to homosexuals in any way?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Bet all the boys loved watching The L Word
I bought the L Word box set today. Such a good show, even though it completely lacks any eye candy.

I also don't know the last time I cared about the taste and opinions of someone who watched Home & Away so meh.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
I bought the L Word box set today. Such a good show, even though it completely lacks any eye candy.

I also don't know the last time I cared about the taste and opinions of someone who watched Home & Away so meh.
Haha. L word is good

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A

There is an interesting note from church history.
[Noted church historian] John Boswell... has discovered that, whereas the church did not declare heterosexual marriage to be a sacrament until 1215 C.E., one of the Vatican Library's earliest Greek liturgical documents is a marriage ceremony for two persons of the same sex. The document dates to the fourth century, if not earlier. In other words, nine centuries before heterosexual marriage was declared a sacrament, the church liturgically celebrated same-sex covenants
This needs some Iron.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Jeez dude, everyone just wants to see you in a less self destructive state, we only can judge by what you post on this forum, but that's how it appears to us.

You may think people are people overly critical, but those like Rob only have your best interests at heart.

Relax.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)