Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Born Dancer said:
you said that to be homosexual, you have to have participated in homosexual sex / acts.
thats not exactly wisdom.
Oh I know a guy who is homosexual but really religious that he doesn't do any homosexual acts.

secret, would you propose someone like that guy I mentioned there as sinful? He likes guys from afar but doesn't do anything about it at all because of his faith in God?

Generator

HSC
N/A
secret said:
If you think I have no idea or my opinions clash with yours, thats fine, send a PM you fucking peasant insted of "spamming" the joint.

I am allowed to post my opinion and responses and until the mods or admins kick me out, I'll post what I like.

So what, I am unsure of the whole homosexual laws and so on... I am learning from these posts but your fucking ignorance is getting in the way. Go learn some respect.
1. As robo-andie said, there is absolutely no need for personal attacks (from anyone).
2. If you are allowed to post your opinion (within reason), then why can't others question what you have to say? Do you think that you are posting in a vacuum?

H

hilaryv

Ok, I haven't read all the posts because I simply didn't have time. However, I'm just going to throw my 10cents worth in as well.

Personally, I don't understand why people have issues with people who are homosexual, however, it is not for me to judge.

Also, I don't understand how we can be considered such a developed country, we are free and EVERYONE is given equal rights etc, and yet we refuse to allow members of the gay community the right of marriage.

Who decided that men and women were supposed to be partners, allowed to be married? What person decided that this was the "natural" or "right" order of things?

taminco

HSC
i'm sorry but i don't agree with you hilaryv. i thought the whole point of human existance was to populate the earth? how is that possible with what you are saying?
Personally i don't give a sh.. what they do as long as they don't do it near me, and they don't want kids!!!!!

robo-andie

HSC
taminco said:
i'm sorry but i don't agree with you hilaryv. i thought the whole point of human existance was to populate the earth? how is that possible with what you are saying?
Personally i don't give a sh.. what they do as long as they don't do it near me, and they don't want kids!!!!!
The population still grows regardless of the presence of homosexuality, it has done for thousands of years. So it is possible with what she is saying. Same-sex attracted couples make up a small percentage of the population, they aren't a threat to society.

That is a rather homophobic attitude to take "I don't care what they do, just as long as it isn't near me". Well, how exactly would it affect you if you witnessed a same-sex couple holding hands? or expressing their love in an appropriate public manner?

Provide me with a convincing arguement also on why same-sex couples shouldn't have kids.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
taminco said:
When did we discover the point of our existence? And I must say if the point of my existence is to inseminate a uterus then that is one shallow existence.

taminco said:
Do what near you? Be gay? Have sex? Why would 'they' want to do those things near you anymore then you'd want to be straight and have sex near 'them'? And why do you find the idea of homosexual parenting repulsive?

robo-andie

HSC
Damage Inc. said:
In regards to homosexual parenting, I think it's unfair on the kids. They would be put under a lot of shit by other kids about their parents sexuality. I know it isn't right, but it will happen
Some Muslim children attract the same amount of attention.
So should Muslim parents not have children because it is unfair on the child to bring them into a society full of prejudice and hate towards particular minorities?

rific

HSC
Because the children will face difficulties from other children? That’s a fairly poor rationale for not allowing people who identify as non-heterosexual to not have children. Yes, children from all walks of life face difficulties through schooling etc, but is that a reason for not letting them to be raised in a potentially loving environment? If things never changed because of the difficulties of a community, then no change would have ever happened. The world would still be flat.

Schools and the communities in which they belong need to change. If not now, then when? Homophobia is beginning to be addressed in schools, or, at the very least, beginning to be seen as NOT being addressed. If we can see that students identified as “non-heterosexual” have a place in education, and society, then why not students from a non-traditional home? Incidentally, in Australia, what is now classified as the traditional home? It can’t be the same as it was a century, a decade, a census ago, surely? So how can anyone think it won’t change again? I’m not saying kids won’t face problems because of it, but just as with all other kids from a ‘non-traditional’ household, things will eventually change, acceptance will grow. If not now, then when?

Globally, homophobia is still an issue, as this snapshot tells us, so where should Australia stand? What line do we draw?

taminco

HSC
i'm sorry if i offened anyone and i admit the words 'don't do it near me' were the wrong ones to use. i believe they shouldn't have kids, not as a personal attack on them but for the wellbeing of the children they might want. i know for a fact that it is hard on a kid who lives with only one parent. how would a child go in todays predudice society, living with two of the same sex?

with the 'not near me' comment i didn't meen accually don't do it near me i meant don't try to preach your ways to me.
(i'm not saying this is the case for everyone so please don't take offense)
for example: my aunt is gay, last year her girlfriend and herself decided to have kids. since then she has been trying to force the kids on the family, trying to get everyone to buy them stuff...change wills...
i'm not saying being gay is a bad thing, in fact i have many gay friends i just don't think they have to make such a big deal out of it. i mean no matter what they do, they are still human and should be treated like humans and treat others the same way.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
taminco said:
i'm sorry if i offened anyone and i admit the words 'don't do it near me' were the wrong ones to use. i believe they shouldn't have kids, not as a personal attack on them but for the wellbeing of the children they might want. i know for a fact that it is hard on a kid who lives with only one parent. how would a child go in todays predudice society, living with two of the same sex?
I understand your stance, afterall no one wishes to see a child go through any unneccesary distress however surely you experienced yourself that any attribute that marks you out will be picked on in childhood. It can be because you're overweight, tall, short, skinny, from another race or even something as trivial as your name rhymes with something that makes a child laugh - so it would seem foolish to not give a child a loving home because they are discriminated against in that environment.

As far as discrimination from the institution and society at large (discrimination from health proffesionals, educators etc.), that is something of a problem but again its something experienced by ethnic and bi-racial families as well as those of other religions. We have not (and should not) bar those families from child rearing so how is it any different with same sex couples?

taminco said:
with the 'not near me' comment i didn't meen accually don't do it near me i meant don't try to preach your ways to me.
(i'm not saying this is the case for everyone so please don't take offense)
for example: my aunt is gay, last year her girlfriend and herself decided to have kids. since then she has been trying to force the kids on the family, trying to get everyone to buy them stuff...change wills...
Not that I know anything about your aunt, but is that a 'gay' thing though? Or more to do with her being an over protective/enthusiastic parent? I know if my sister adopted (she is in a traditional marriage btw) she would behave similarly.

taminco said:
i'm not saying being gay is a bad thing, in fact i have many gay friends i just don't think they have to make such a big deal out of it. i mean no matter what they do, they are still human and should be treated like humans and treat others the same way.
Not everyone makes a big deal out of it, there are probably many gay and bi people who don't except they often are presumed to be straight. So its not fair to say 'they' make a deal out of it any more than it is for someone to say all women who recieve equal pay or use their vote identify with 'feminazis'.

X

xeuyrawp

secret said:
What do you do when you see two gays walking down the street holding hands? Do you think it is right? do you feel anger or disgust? -be honest.

I understand what you are saying regarding the "PRIDE" some show regarding their sexuality in streets, via protests and so on -they take it too far.

Shore, we respect gay individuals -well, I do anyway. But I believe they take it too far with the "I'm gay, and proud" slogans and advertisments. Then when one says, "yes, we heard you the first time say you're gay". Gays will say "but, but, we have suffered in the past with discrimination and so on, we demand you to listen" Some even going as far as showing off their sexuality on this site -look around and you will see gay avatars on profiles here -why? Why do you want us to see that you're gay? Do you want me to treat you different because you're gay? Some of us may get offended by being subjected to gay imagery, so don't complain if you're posted abuse.
You mean 'we're here, we're queer, get used to it!'?

I love Lisa off The Simpsons:

Gay people in protest: We're here. We're queer. Get used to it! We're here. We're queer. Get used to it!
Lisa: You do this every year, we are used to it.
Gay people: Spoil sport... *disappointed*

But I totally agree with your point. I think that protesting and complaining is pointless unless it's accompanied by proof that you can be a constructive part of society.

Generator

HSC
N/A
secret said:
Some of us may get offended by being subjected to gay imagery, so don't complain if you're posted abuse.[/FONT]
If something on this forum offends you, then you would be best to either report it to a mod or step back and actually think about the issue at hand and ask yourself whether is it truly offensive or whether you are just being childish. Responding to something or other with an abusive remark is not an appropriate course of action, no matter how 'offensive' it may be, and such abuse will not be looked upon kindly by the moderators (or the admins, for that matter).

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
secret said:
Shore, we respect gay individuals -well, I do anyway. But I believe they take it too far with the "I'm gay, and proud" slogans and advertisments.
The word 'they' is such a horrible word to use, mainly because its just so easy to use it. Its also easy to say 'they' or 'them' without any consideration for who you're actually talking about. Just because you're gay or bi does not make you an activist, militant or otherwise, anymore than being muslim makes you a terrorist.

However I will concede that I don't agree with all of the tactics employed by certain queer rights activists either.

dora_18

HSC
you should read the middle of this thread...the kid thing has been covered THOROUGHLY...

taminco

HSC
sorry dora 18 please excuse my ignorance. but some people have a life and don't always get a chance to read every last thread. i didn't think it was illegal to state my opinion, late or otherwise. :bomb:

robo-andie

HSC
taminco said:
sorry dora 18 please excuse my ignorance. but some people have a life and don't always get a chance to read every last thread. i didn't think it was illegal to state my opinion, late or otherwise. :bomb:
I dont' think she was trying to sound as harsh as it may have come across.

I would interpret it less as "you idiot why didn't you read the whole thread" and more as "if you want to see what everyone has to say about that issue, the middle of the thread is where you want to look".

dora_18

HSC
sorry dora 18 please excuse my ignorance. but some people have a life and don't always get a chance to read every last thread. i didn't think it was illegal to state my opinion, late or otherwise
yes...it wasnt meant to come accross as a personal attack!!... i was simply stating fact!

If you have such an extravagant life dont come and join forums and piss people off after 3posts...and automicatically turn to the insult "you have no life'

Last edited:

taminco

HSC
don't get so offended. if anyone should be offended it should be me.
sorry i was peed off and i shouldn't have taken it out on forum goers.
sorry to have stuffed up yet again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)