Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Generator

HSC
N/A
secret said:
You wanna stop editing my posts? You're taking away my right of free speech, Seriously.
robo-andie said:
You don't have the right to free speech.
Our ability to speak freely is just courtesy.
secret said:
You perceive things strangely robo, how intriguing. I should be able to post a comment without moderators adjusting it to there liking.
Firstly, secret, it's their, not there. Secondly, please take note of what robie has to say and read through this post and the links contained within. I cannot edit at will merely for the sake of editing, but I will not let inappropriate language slide.

Generator

HSC
N/A
White Rabbit said:
It was an email...it's a joke you fucking moron, illustrating how idiotic arguments against gay marriage are. You would I need to provide a link for something which is simply to show how stupid the arguments are?
Links are best, but if they aren't available a note of reference wouldn't go astray.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
secret said:
Well, I aint going to procastinate -as mr kami says. But, @ the end of my attitude is a strong point, which is, dont adopt kids knowing they will have it tough cause daddys wanna play mommy. I don't care if you perceive me as having an "attitude against homosexuals" - I don't.

When future protests spark against "gays adopting children" -I'll meet you there.

You still haven't provided an adequate argument as to you gays would not have decent parents...apart from the kid gettin "grossed out" at "Daddy poking Daddy"

Most kids at adolecent age don't want to think about their parents having sex regardless of whether they are gay or straight.

Oh and it's MUMMY. It's australia, dickhead.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Generator said:
Links are best, but if they aren't available a note of reference wouldn't go astray.

Sorry...well it's an email doing the rounds. No link available.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
secret said:
Excellent, it's good to know we will have plenty of support there.

Rabbit, we are discussing, not abusing people. If you want to abuse, pm me and i'll return your abuse.

Sings: *When a hero comes along... with the strength to carry on...*

Based on your comments about gays, I'd say versbal abuse started from your first post sunshine.

dora_18

HSC
secret said:
Excellent, it's good to know we will have plenty of support there.
see i dont think you will...if its anything like this poll where 42% people strongly support homosexuals...
and that number is on the rise...i bet we have changed at least one persons viewpoints by this thread...

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
dora_18 said:
see i dont think you will...if its anything like this poll where 42% people strongly support homosexuals...
and that number is on the rise...i bet we have changed at least one persons viewpoints by this thread...

Nah Fred Nile's gang will be there...

K

katie_tully

Who cares what Fred Nile thinks. He obviously read the Bible wrong.
I had this discussion with some insane theology student who wrote some essay on homosexuality and the church. APPARENTLY, and he backed this up with exctracts, the Bible does not condemn homosexuals, it condemns the act of homosexual sex.
Therefore anybody religious who dismisses being homosexual as being a sinner is a moron. Coz as long as they dont have sex, they're not.

Oh wait, the Bible is a load of shit anyway...Carry on.

K

katie_tully

Why is everyone so blind... always?
Homosexuality is a 'Social Disorder', it makes regular men and women exhibit 'unnatural' sexualities, it also prevents men and women from reproducing, it is a socially, donateable characteristic. ie(It can be spread from individual to individual and is more prone in people with an insermountable almost inanimate surplus or lack of oestrogen).

A prime example of this is in San-Francisco California, 18% of the population are homosexuals. Yet just 50 Miles, south of that section of the state it's as low as 6%... explain that?

Enough with arguing.

A) It is unnatural
B) People can 'attribute' Homosexual Characteristics
C) It is a negative to society.

now about other issues,

D) Yes they deserve the same legal rights as striaght people.
E) It should be illegal to discriminate against them.
F) This argument is idiotic.
lol, you're so dumb that your mere existance on earth is as mind boggling as say, perpetual motion. Just like they cannot prove how perpetual motion works, they have yet to prove what is in your head that is taking up the space, coz it aint a brain.

Anyway.

Homosexuality has existed for thousands of years. It existed between people, it existed between animals, it existed between Egyptian, Roman and Greek gods.
So you're telling me if I stand close enough to a homosexual person, I am going to catch homosexuality, much like a disease?

Generator, may I ask why I am in trouble for swearing, when comments like this deserve complete expulsion from society, and indeed life?

A prime example of this is in San-Francisco California, 18% of the population are homosexuals. Yet just 50 Miles, south of that section of the state it's as low as 6%... explain that?
Probably because 50 miles south is rabid Christian territory and it isn't safe for the average homosexual to apply his body glitter without being stoned to death.
Wait, it doesn't even need explaining because IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER.

a) Prove it is unnatural. Because the bible says, or because biology says? Because you 'catch' homosexuality, or because you are born with it, much like you're born with blue or brown eyes..

b) no they cant, you fool.

c) you're negative to society.

now about other issues,

d) you however, do not.
e) so explain to me what it was you were doing in parts a, b and c. it looked to me as though you were being a discriminatory piece of crap.
f) you're idiotic.

K

katie_tully

Your analogy was crap. I would appreciate it if you kept your crap analogies away from posts directed at me.
Looking at your previous posts, I should expect little more from you. "Intelligents"?

Read my post again. I clearly stated that a theology student, somebody who STUDIES THEOLOGY, who would know more about the Bible than YOU, showed that the bible does not specifically condemn homosexuals, it condemns homosexual sex.

mull on that, fool.

robo-andie

HSC
secret said:
Dahm, lol...

How can one be labelled a homosexual without engaging in homosexual acts? At the end of the day, a homosexual is branded a homosexual for engaging in sexual acts with the same sex.

Notify your "Theology" friend to pay attention in class, his dribbling shit.
Homosexuality is different from Homosexual sex.
Homosexuality is the attraction of human being to their own gender (same sex attraction).
Homosexual sex is the physical interaction between two human beings who experience some form of attraction to the same sex. This physical interaction can be labelled also "sexual intercourse".

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
secret said:
Dahm, lol...

How can one be labelled a homosexual without engaging in homosexual acts? At the end of the day, a homosexual is branded a homosexual for engaging in sexual acts with the same sex.

Notify your "Theology" friend to pay attention in class, his dribbling shit.

OMFG.
will you stop posting about things when you have nfi??
so basically.. at the other end of a spectrum.. one can only be labelled a heterosexual if they have had heterosexual sex? thats ridiculous

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Born Dancer said:
OMFG.
will you stop posting about things when you have nfi??

so basically.. at the other end of a spectrum.. one can only be labelled a heterosexual if they have had heterosexual sex? thats ridiculous
ANSWER THE QUESTION

Last edited by a moderator:

robo-andie

HSC
I don't know the exact passages which speak on homosexuality, I think one is leviticus (sp?) and I don't know what numbers. I am sure if you typed in "homosexuality and the bible" into google you could find some info there.

I know that some people interpret what the bible says on homosexuality as talking exclusively about homosexual sex and not simply being homosexual. I don't really know. It's best if someone with a better understanding of homosexuality and the bible tells you about this.

Personally, I don't care what the bible says about homosexuality it doesn't prove anything to me. For I could just as easily pick up a book titled "HOMOSEXUALITY IS GOOD" and label it my bible and who are they to say it is not the word of my God.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
secret said:
So the holy-bible states it's ok to be homosexual but not ok to perform sexual acts with the same sex?

What page/s?
The Bible doesn't mention sexual orientation at all. The Bible mentions that when a man sleeps with another man, it is an abomination to God. Ergo, the act of same-sex intercourse is condemned in the bible, however people who may prefer this to intercourse that produces children are not.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church (which would be one of the Churches that is often condemned by homosexual lobby groups of being too homophobic, perhaps because of Cardinal Pell) states that:

Catechism of the Catholic Church Part Three said:
Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,141 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered." (2357)

The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition. (2358 verbatim)

Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection. (2359 verbatim)

http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p3s2c2a6.htm
I think it's safe to say that just by looking at 2358 of the Catechism of the Catholic Church (the guiding principles), there is no room for discrimination of homosexual people. I included an extract from 2357 to define what the Church meant by the term disorder. I included 2359 to further enforce that the Bible simply mentions the act of homosexual sex being an abomination against God.

To now voice my opinion, out of all religious traditions speaking out against homosexuality, both in Australia and abroad, I think the Catholic Church is rather liberal. It keeps true to what the Bible mentions, but it does take into account (in 2357, not quoted) that the "psychological genesis [of homosexuality] remains largely unexplained." Showing that it understands that the nature of homosexuality is simply a matter for research by scientists, and not an act of Satan.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
secret said:
If you think I have no idea or my opinions clash with yours, thats fine, send a PM you fucking peasant insted of "spamming" the joint.

I am allowed to post my opinion and responses and until the mods or admins kick me out, I'll post what I like.

So what, I am unsure of the whole homosexual laws and so on... I am learning from these posts but your fucking ignorance is getting in the way. Go learn some respect.
you said that to be homosexual, you have to have participated in homosexual sex / acts.
thats not exactly wisdom.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
robo-andie said:
Born_Dancer is no peasant.

Restrain yourself from personal attacks. It can spark some rather unnecessary arguements.
<3 :eek:
i didnt mean to attack him personally in the first place. i was just mad at his ignorance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)