• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (4 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Don't you feel slightly unethical, supporting restrictions on something that could bring someone much happiness, when you've implicitly agreed that it causes no harm to anyone else to allow them to have their relationships recognized as a full marriage?

How does placing restrictions on who can call themselves 'married', increase the amount of happiness and well-being in the world?

If it causes no harm, and has the possibility of making someone happy, aren't you a bit of a cunt for restricting this?

Yes obviously I would support abolishing all restrictions on immigration, and legal regulation and sale of drugs by private companies, both those policies are excellent ideas.

If you wish to debate those other ideas, I can direct you to the appropriate threads where they have both been discussed extensively.
Strength in this world, happiness in the next.

It's insanely small-minded to believe that no one is harmed by increased homosexual prominence in society - lest of all homosexual marriage. It entails an unquestionable weakening of Life and the unavoidable decline and fall of a civilization. But whatever, Indonesian military dictatorship

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Strength in this world, happiness in the next.

It's insanely small-minded to believe that no one is harmed by increased homosexual prominence in society - lest of all homosexual marriage. It entails an unquestionable weakening of Life and the unavoidable decline and fall of a civilization. But whatever, Indonesian military dictatorship
Oh give it a rest.

Tangent

HSC
That is all - I believe a union is between a man and a wom - didn't say I was against them having the same rights as as defacto couple - I'm all for that!

I also believe in a childs right to be raised by a mother and father - don't play the "their family may not be right" card. That is true, but there are thousands of couples wanting to adopt!
Fair enough, im glad that you think they should have the same rights. Why do you think that marriage is between a man and a woman? What would be wrong with a homosexual couple marrying?

Why do you think that a child should be raised by a mother and a father? What do you think would be wrong with a homosexual couple raising a child?
-Just on a side note, a homosexual person can apply for adoption by themselves, just not as a couple. o_O

Just wanting to know the reasoning behind your beliefs. ^-^

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Why do you think that a child should be raised by a mother and a father? What do you think would be wrong with a homosexual couple raising a child?
I think that he stated that it would "infringe upon the rights of the child to be raised by a mother and father".

-Just on a side note, a homosexual person can apply for adoption by themselves, just not as a couple. o_O
I did not know that a person can adopt a child as "single parent" =O

Senator111

HSC
Ahh, but i want to know why he thought that children had a right to a mother and a father.
As I believe it brings them the best possible up bringing as a child, where applicable - hence the Single parents, divorce, dying etc etc

That is my view - I am entitled to it. You may have one to the contrary and I shall respect that!

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
As I believe it brings them the best possible up bringing as a child, where applicable - hence the Single parents, divorce, dying etc etc

That is my view - I am entitled to it. You may have one to the contrary and I shall respect that!
Why does parenting require both a father and mother? I (as well as my boyfriend) was raised in a single parent family. Are we disabled/redundant/mentally retarded somehow?

Senator111

HSC
Why does parenting require both a father and mother? I (as well as my boyfriend) was raised in a single parent family. Are we disabled/redundant/mentally retarded somehow?
Did I say that? I believe not! You are probably a lot smarter than me. I have no expertise/huge interest in this area, as it is more of a conscience vote type issue. That is just how I feel, no reasons to back it up - so it is probably no substance, but I stand for something atleast!

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Did I say that? I believe not! You are probably a lot smarter than me. I have no expertise/huge interest in this area, as it is more of a conscience vote type issue. That is just how I feel, no reasons to back it up - so it is probably no substance, but I stand for something atleast!
Why though? If you're gunna "move against" homosexuals adopting, then shouldn't you have a reason for it? Why should the homosexual population suffer at the whim of individuals such as yourself - one who is unable to produce a reason for his conviction.

Let's say, in an hypothetical situation: there's a child in a homosexual relationship. one day, one of the parents die. would the child be better off?

Senator111

HSC
Why though? If you're gunna "move against" homosexuals adopting, then shouldn't you have a reason for it? Why should the homosexual population suffer at the whim of individuals such as yourself - one who is unable to produce a reason for his conviction.

Let's say, in an hypothetical situation: there's a child in a homosexual relationship. one day, one of the parents die. would the child be better off?
Maybe they shouldn't, but that will not be my worry, nor my focus.

The child has grown up in that relationship of having 2 parents, so clearly, a hetrosexual or homosexual relationship - the child is going to be worse off by one dying. I didn't say you couldn't raise children, it is just my belief that a child should be raise, where applicable, by a mum and dad.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
, it is just my belief that a child should be raise, where applicable, by a mum and dad.
It's more than just a personal belief that you hold. Dont fight on their own relativistic ground where Truth is nothing but an individual's own warped and selfishly leaning construction; fight on the universal ground of absolute truth! This goes far beyond what any individual happens to "believe" - it is true that homosexuality is immoral. It is true even if 50+1% of people surveyed actually disagree. It is true that it is anti-family, anti-life and anti-civilization. These - things - are - self - evident.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
It's more than just a personal belief that you hold. Dont fight on their own relativistic ground where Truth is nothing but an individual's own warped and selfishly leaning construction; fight on the universal ground of absolute truth! This goes far beyond what any individual happens to "believe" - it is true that homosexuality is immoral. It is true even if 50+1% of people surveyed actually disagree. It is true that it is anti-family, anti-life and anti-civilization. These - things - are - self - evident.
I hope you die a painful death.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
You cannot produce life, therefore you cannot contribute meaningfully to the economy or community. You represent unsustainable decline and fall, weakness and death.
Self evident.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
You cannot produce life,
You ever heard of test tube babies (IVF) ? No? Google it pal.
Or what about orphans who need adoptions?

therefore you cannot contribute meaningfully to the economy or community.
Being a homosexual makes me unemployable? Obsolete?

You represent unsustainable decline and fall, weakness and death.
Self evident.
Homosexuals have existed for a hundreds/thousands of years now, and, the human race is still flourishing and growing - even to the point where we can confidently say that we are at risk of overpopulation.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
yeah, so anyway... (stop talking to me you dunce)

bio_nut

HSC
You ever heard of test tube babies (IVF) ? No? Google it pal.
Or what about orphans who need adoptions?

Being a homosexual makes me unemployable? Obsolete?

Homosexuals have existed for a hundreds/thousands of years now, and, the human race is still flourishing and growing - even to the point where we can confidently say that we are at risk of overpopulation.
Neither IVF or adoption represent a way for you to produce life. Perhaps you can care for the product later, but you have not produced life without artificial interference. You still also require a female vessel. And adoption means taking care of ANOTHER's offspring, you idiot, how is that producing?

He didn't say it makes you unemployable. Re read what he wrote.

My god you're dumb, I wouldn't give you access to IVF or adoption either.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
yeah, so anyway... (stop talking to me you dunce)
Lol, you failed to produce a proper response, so you hastily avoid the subject and tell me to stop talking to you.

You know what I think? You're just trolling mate. You get your "kicks" by going on BoS and and putting down others who are different from you. We all know what you're up to Iron!

This will be the last post directed at you, from me Mr Iron. I have tharwted your plan, so you might as well stop your charade.

Last edited:

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
You cannot produce life, therefore you cannot contribute meaningfully to the economy or community. You represent unsustainable decline and fall, weakness and death.
Self evident.
Are you also saying this to heterosexuals who are sterile/infertile, and thus unable to reproduce?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)