• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

homosexuality - sexual identity crisis. (3 Viewers)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
that's because traditional values are of things that have been around for a long time... gay's have only been around for like 50years... i mean they arn't even in iran yet..
I think what he's trying to say is worldwide public awareness of the gay movement has only been around for the past "50 years" or so.

XPac2

HSC
I am inferior to none, let alone some pathetic stereotypical pedo.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
that's because traditional values are of things that have been around for a long time... gay's have only been around for like 50years... i mean they arn't even in iran yet..
nor were they legally recognised by the liberal party a few years ago

lol

XPac2

HSC
i do not think that homosexuals are any less human than heterosexuals.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
1) Looking back I have been gay since childhood. At the time I didn't even know what 'gay' meant, let alone identify as it.
2) Around 9-12 I understood what gay meant, but never considered that I was gay. Everyone (including me) assumed I liked girls and would eventually marry one. Even when having feelings for boys I just overlooked/ignored it and kept believing I would end up with a girl. Sounds like denial, but it wasn't even a conscious decision. I liked girls at the time, so I coudn't be gay. I just assumed (not 'tried to convince myself' - there's a difference) that it was 'a phase'. I think it had to do with society's general assumption that everyone is straight, unless proven otherwise. I was raised thinking that, so of course I assumed I was straight.
3) Eventually I came to realise that I like girls in an emotional sense (friends), but was not attracted to them physically. When I came to this conclusion, i realised that yes I am gay, came to terms with it, embraced it, and here I am today, happy.

Age 4: favoured female characters, but thought the male characters in movies were cute
Age 9-12: felt attractions (emotionally and physically) to male friends
Age 16: came to the realisation that I'm gay
Age 18: Accepted it, embraced it and came out
Now: Happier than ever.

I think this explains it well, no savak?
and kokodamonkey was obviously trolling.

dolbinau

HSC
There's no such thing as gay. It doesnt exist. There are individuals, who can be saints or sinners, and the family.

/the lady's not for turning
Judging by the creepingly high amount of photos of the Pope around your profile/avatar/sign etc.., you're serious right?

Tangent

HSC
I think for a lot of guys because being gay isn't the "norm" they get a bit freaked out about expressing it. Most parents raise their sons assuming they'll go for girls so (not always but often) they'll get the girl talk but I don't think parents ever really delve into "now if you're gay then you..." talk.

Also, a fear of friends/family not accepting it can really hold people back.
i think it isnt just the parents who assume they are straight, but more like everyone thinks they r straight til proven gay, and with that comes alot of prejudice and awkward quetions

Eclipse008

HSC
N/A
My experience was similar to live_without_it.

0-7 Didn't really think about girls or guys.
8-12 I associated with girls more closely. I didn't really think about them sexually, but I didn't with guys either. I remember one incident where people would nag me about who I liked. I felt abnormal that I didn't feel strongly to guys so I just picked the best looking boy in our year and said him. With the benefit of hindsight I can see indicators that I was gay e.g. pictures of women on my walls (celebrites and that) but never men
13-16 I would look a women. I even felt strongly to them, but still nothing 'clicked'. I didn't feel as though I was gay. It's such a strong lable and people tend to normalise female crushes. I even dated a few boys because it was the 'normal' thing to do. But this still felt weird and I sort of waited for it to end. I had no desire to be with them.
16-17 I had two really intense crushes on girls I knew. I think it was then that I realised I was gay. I'd never felt that way about a boy ever. and I realised that I never would.
18 I came out on schoolies. I was plastered and started hooking up with girls. I got interrogated by a room full of guys about it. Then I told my friend the truth once they all left.
Now I have a girlfriend. We've been together for a few months. I've told my family and couldn't be happier.

I guess it pretty much is the same as live_without_it except in female form, ha ha

Alvik

HSC
I knew I was gay in year 5/6, so when I was about 9/10

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
I'm more baffled by the boys who say "I knew I was gay from the age of 4". I hear that a lot. Guys who knew they were gay in their pre-teens.

How can you be anything at 4?.
people say that young children can't feel attraction, but i very clearly remember being attracted at about age 7 to older boys at my school, my 30 something year old piano teacher and my 40 something year old neighbour.

the way i felt about this particular boy in primary school is a very similar way i feel about my current boyfriend.

so i guess it varies? or else i'm just odd.

FRASA12

HSC
You poor little straight people...

I am gay... nothing more to it than that... but it never really "occurred" to me that I was, as I always knew I was different (even though i could not pin-point it at anything).

I have a younger brother that WILL be gay... from my experience, it is completely genetic...

It is VERY easy to tell if another one is gay (even if they are 'acting')... note the different accents, appearance, mannerisms and interests...

My little brother is just five, and yet I knew that he will be gay before he even started to talk... He would rather that I hold him than anyone else in my family (apart from mother)... now turning six, he likes his sister to paint his nails and hangs around girls MAINLY (same as what I do)...

But, I cannot come to a definite conclusion to your uncertainty, for I have heard exmaples of men having children with women and then "turning" gay... the likely conclusion is that they were bi, but decided they liked guys "more" than girls...

Just sharing my thoughts

jess39

HSC
My experience was similar to live_without_it.

0-7 Didn't really think about girls or guys.
8-12 I associated with girls more closely. I didn't really think about them sexually, but I didn't with guys either. I remember one incident where people would nag me about who I liked. I felt abnormal that I didn't feel strongly to guys so I just picked the best looking boy in our year and said him. With the benefit of hindsight I can see indicators that I was gay e.g. pictures of women on my walls (celebrites and that) but never men
13-16 I would look a women. I even felt strongly to them, but still nothing 'clicked'. I didn't feel as though I was gay. It's such a strong lable and people tend to normalise female crushes. I even dated a few boys because it was the 'normal' thing to do. But this still felt weird and I sort of waited for it to end. I had no desire to be with them.
16-17 I had two really intense crushes on girls I knew. I think it was then that I realised I was gay. I'd never felt that way about a boy ever. and I realised that I never would.
18 I came out on schoolies. I was plastered and started hooking up with girls. I got interrogated by a room full of guys about it. Then I told my friend the truth once they all left.
Now I have a girlfriend. We've been together for a few months. I've told my family and couldn't be happier.

I guess it pretty much is the same as live_without_it except in female form, ha ha
Up until the schoolies part (I'm in Year 12 now), this is pretty much exactly the same as my experience.
And since you said it's the same as live_without_it, I guess we're starting to see a pattern here? I think that 'crushes' that you have in primary school/as a younger child are usually just you trying to fit in anyway, whether you turn out gay or straight later in life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)