Honduras Prison Fire and God's Judgement (1 Viewer)

angelsdevils00

HSC
We all heard the news of the Honduras Prison Fire? Its very tragic as nearly 400 people perished from the prison engulfing in flames. If you want to read the news.
http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...h-toll-up-to-355/story-e6frfku0-1226273357547

However, today at church sermon my reverend said it was God's judgement in that it was in his plan to punish the criminals and inmates for not living the grace and forgiveness Jesus Christ has given us. Honduras Prison is known to hold inmates with severe crimes such as Murder and rape but the way that my reverend said was almost as though they deserved their fate and as all christians do, presumes they will sent to hell. I did not liked the sermon at all.

What do you guys think?

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
I'm no religious apologist but aren't most mainstream religions "it's never too late to be saved ect".

IamBread

HSC
I'm no religious apologist but aren't most mainstream religions "it's never too late to be saved ect".
This. Plus if they were christian they would just go to heaven anyway. I think that it's ridiculous that they would do this.

cssftw

HSC
Yes - so when 8 year old girls are stabbed in America, and teenagers are raped by drunk men - I'm guessing that is God's just judgement? And when 60 million civilians died in WW2 - I'm guessing that's God's righteous judgement?

Listen, I understand that this is all the will of God - but simply saying that God only kills bad people is the stupidest thing I've heard so far.

Garygaz

HSC
god has judged this thread

and he doesn't like it

prepare to meet your maker (aka a mad man who can light a pillow on fire)

qawe

HSC
N/A
We all heard the news of the Honduras Prison Fire? Its very tragic as nearly 400 people perished from the prison engulfing in flames. If you want to read the news.
http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...h-toll-up-to-355/story-e6frfku0-1226273357547

However, today at church sermon my reverend said it was God's judgement in that it was in his plan to punish the criminals and inmates for not living the grace and forgiveness Jesus Christ has given us. Honduras Prison is known to hold inmates with severe crimes such as Murder and rape but the way that my reverend said was almost as though they deserved their fate and as all christians do, presumes they will sent to hell. I did not liked the sermon at all.

What do you guys think?
Please see my PM.

Wrong. As a Christian, it is not possible for us to speculate on why God allowed certain things to happen. Note that God does not cause evil things like this to happen, he only allows them.

It is possible that you misunderstood him, perhaps he was only trying to get across the sentiment that we will all die at some point, and to be prepared. He did say "almost" - but it was still inappropriate at best.

We all deserve to go to hell, through Christ we are justified. In any case, we are not God, and thus do not judge, so we can't just presume they'll go to hell.

theycallmebob

HSC
I think that god (if he exists) doesn't cause or prevent bad things. If he did prevent all bad things, nobody would have any appreciation for anything. It would be colourless

qawe

HSC
N/A
I think that god (if he exists) doesn't cause or prevent bad things. If he did prevent all bad things, nobody would have any appreciation for anything. It would be colourless
thus your conclusion should be that "god does not prevent all bad things", not "god doesn't prevent bad things"

theycallmebob

HSC
thus your conclusion should be that "god does not prevent any bad things", not "god doesn't prevent bad things"
Nope, my conclusion is that he wouldn't prevent any bad things

Last edited:

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
god creates man with the fundamental flaw of having to learn through experiencing adversity and misery

instead of creating man with the capacity for knowledge without having to experience adversity and misery

yeah that's real clever

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)