Honour Killings (1 Viewer)

banco55

HSC
These people are savages:

"By now, almost anyone in Syria who follows the news can supply certain basic details about Zahra al-Azzo’s life and death: how the girl, then only 15, was kidnapped in the spring of 2006 near her home in northern Syria, taken to Damascus by her abductor and raped; how the police who discovered her feared that her family, as commonly happens in Syria, would blame Zahra for the rape and kill her; how these authorities then placed Zahra in a prison for girls, believing it the only way to protect her from her relatives. And then in December, how a cousin of Zahra’s, 27-year-old Fawaz, agreed to marry her in order to secure her release and also, he hoped, restore her reputation in the eyes of her family; how, just a month after her wedding to Fawaz, Zahra’s 25-year-old brother, Fayyez, stabbed her as she slept."

Under Syrian law, an honor killing is not murder, and the man who commits it is not a murderer. As in many other Arab countries, even if the killer is convicted on the lesser charge of a “crime of honor,” he is usually set free within months.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/23/magazine/23wwln-syria-t.html?ref=magazine

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
There are so many things wrong with this story..
-kidnapped
-raped
-imprisoned
-married to a cousin
-killed by a brother

and wtf? she had a shiat lyf

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
Thats a typical arab girl's fate in the middle east and their fellow arabs around the world are perfectly comfortable with that.

p4e81

Domesticated Daydreamer
HSC
agentprovocater said:
its disgusting and inhumane, beyond words
its one of the things i really dnt like abt ancient arab culture...which carries on til this day in some countries :(
yeah agreed.

now i know why arab women dress the way they do

Last edited by a moderator:

JamieV5N

HSC
Speechless.

This is absolutely outrageous. How can a society stand back and let people commit murder in the name of honour? It is the most riduculus thing I have heard.

It is about time societies like this open their eyes and realise that we are no longer primitive cavemen but we are in the 21st century where behaviour like this should not be occuring.

The United States are among such societies that should open their eyes.

Ba'al Shem Tov

يهوه هو الرب
HSC
N/A
Iran: Mother sentenced to death by stoning

A court in the Iran's second largest city, Mashad, has sentenced to death by stoning a mother-of-three for having an extra-marital affair, an Iranian newspaper reported Friday.

The daily Quds said the married woman's lover had confessed to having had sex with her and that the court sentenced him to 100 lashes.

There are currently eight women in Iranian prisons waiting to be executed by stoning, a practice usually reserved for those found guilty of adultery according to the Islamic republic's laws.

Earlier this year it was reported that a man had been put to death by stoning, the first person to be executed in this way for several years.

Capital punishment in Iran - after China, the country to carry out the highest number of executions - usually involves death by hanging.

http://www.adnkronos.com/AKI/English/Security/?id=1.0.1360427471
----

The woman cheats and gets sentenced to death and the man gets 100 lashes. Equality if I ever saw it.

And they sentence people to death 'by stoning' still. What piece of work is man...

beentherdunthat

HSC
Schroedinger said:
Well that's a fucking stupid comment if I ever saw one. It's religious and cultural, most women that choose to wear the Hijab do it out of faith, not out of fear.

It's why you see women in Australia wearing it even though it has people make stupid jokes about them being terrorists, it's devotion to their faith, above and beyond the insults and jeers that they may garner from others.

Orthodox Jews don't cover their heads because they're afraid of bird shit...
I think i'm starting to like you :p

---------------------------------------
It's capital punishment to be stoned if you commit adultery. The thinking is that it's better to suffer in this world then the hereafter. And don't fucking attack me for informing you. I didn't make these rules.

banco55 - Everything in your article reaks of culture. It's arabs point of view that if a girl gets raped, she brings shame to the family... ofcourse I don't think this way. So don't attack me please. :D

jimmayyy

HSC
Ba'al Shem Tov said:
The woman cheats and gets sentenced to death and the man gets 100 lashes. Equality if I ever saw it.
there is a disparity between the two, according to Muslim law. for instance, as a married women and mother of 3, the female involved is committing a much larger crime (in the eyes of Sharia law) than a single male who had sex with someone but his wife.

i'm not condemning either, but according to Sharia law, how this case was handled was pretty normal and fine.

(i still think the whole thing is barbaric and wrong but thats another argument)

jimmayyy

HSC
jimmayyy said:
Ba'al Shem Tov said:
there is a disparity between the two, according to Muslim law. for instance, as a married women and mother of 3, the female involved is committing a much larger crime (in the eyes of Sharia law) than a single male who had sex with someone but his wife.

i'm not condemning either, but according to Sharia law, how this case was handled was pretty normal and fine.

(i still think the whole thing is barbaric and wrong but thats another argument)

PS. i dont know if i am making myself clear; i am just playing the devils advocate to your post based on what i know of islamic law.

beentherdunthat

HSC
Schroedinger said:
I think the thing we should all realise that in a theocracy the greatest indulgence is groupthink.
It's modern age. And I live in australia... seriously dude.

In the arab countries such as Egypt capital punishment still applies. Even Indonesia...

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Sort of on topic, has anyone seen that film/read the book about Norma Khouri, the woman who masqueraded as an islamic virgin from Jordan but was actually a middle class mother of two from Chicago...

...i remember reading her book and being horrified at the honour killings she described, such as that of her closest friend. then i read that she had made them all up. it doesnt lessen the importance of honour killings as an issue, i just thought it was a fascinating story.

Ba'al Shem Tov

يهوه هو الرب
HSC
N/A
In March 2007, a 19-year-old Saudi woman received a sentence of 90 lashes. Her crime? A man threatened to tell her father that they were having an affair unless she met him alone. When she did, she was kidnapped and repeatedly raped, after which her brother beat her because the rapes brought shame to the family. Rather than giving her justice, a Saudi court sentenced her to be lashed ninety times because she had met a man alone who was not related to her.
In September 2006, Australia’s most senior Muslim cleric Sheikh Taj el-Din al-Hilali, in a clear reference to the notorious Sydney gang rapists, said in
the sermon: “It is she who takes off her clothes, shortens them, flirts, puts on make-up and powder and takes to the streets, God protect us, dallying. “If I came across a rape crime - kidnap and violation of honor - I would discipline the man and order that the woman be arrested and jailed for life. If she had not left the meat uncovered, the cat wouldn’t have snatched it.”

“On May 31,
1994, Kifaya Husayn, a 16-year-old Jordanian girl, was lashed to a chair by her 32-year-old brother. He gave her a drink of water and told her to recite an Islamic prayer. Then he slashed her throat. Immediately afterward, he ran out into the street, waving the bloody knife and crying, ‘I have killed my sister
to cleanse my honor.’ Kifaya’s crime? She was raped by another brother, a 21-year-old man. Her judge and jury? Her own uncles, who convinced her eldest brother that Kifaya was too much of a disgrace to the family honor to be allowed to live.”
“In 2001, in Gujar Khan, Pakistan, Zahida Perveen’s husband attacked her, gouged out both her eyes, her nose, and her ears. He wrongly suspected her of adultery. He was arrested, but male relatives shook his hand and decided she ‘must have deserved it’ and that a ‘husband has to do what a man has to
do.’

A Palestinian Arab girl, Rofayda Qaoud, became pregnant in 2003 after her brothers raped her. Her mother then demanded she kill herself, and killed her when the girl refused. According to a news report: “Armed with a plastic bag, razor and wooden stick, Qaoud entered her sleeping daughter’s room last Jan. 27. ‘Tonight you die, Rofayda,’ she told the girl, before wrapping the bag tightly around her head. Next, Qaoud sliced Rofayda’s wrists, ignoring her muffled pleas of ‘No, mother, no!’ After her daughter went limp, Qaoud struck her in the head with the stick. Killing her sixth-born child took 20 minutes.
On February 7, 2005, Hatin Surucu made her way to a bus stop in the main Oberlandgarten Strasse in Berlin. Minutes later, a volley of pistol shots hit her; she died choking on her own blood. A bus driver discovered the body and called the police. Hatin’s three brothers, aged eighteen to twenty-five, were arrested and formally charged with the murder. They pleaded not guilty. As of this writing, they are still awaiting trial.
Islam: Religion of Peace​

[/FONT]

Last edited:

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
sources?.......................

No-one is justifiying what these people are doing.... its a shame how these crimes occur......... these misinterprettations of Islamic Law.......its the same as suicide bombers who think they are going to heaven when they blow themselves up killing innocent people...............

and secondly.. there is more to a story than 4 lines.... clearly..... (NOTE: NOT JUSTIFIYING ANYTHING)

thirdly... all your posts seem to be filled with mass prejudice and bias... so i wont ever trust anything you ever post....

and finally.... ...... These may be isolated cases.... never have i heard of these "Honour Killings"
In every religion you have stupid, ignorant, barbaric individuals.... who misinterprety everytinhg............
im sure (from stories from some of my jewish friends) that Jews have undertaken MUCH MORE BARBARIC activies............

Ive never heard of a religion where they lock their children up for 3 weeks in a camp and continaully feed them information that "Jews are the Ultimate race and nobody else deserves to live" and dont give me that bullshit about this not being true.

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
AlleyCat said:
Sort of on topic, has anyone seen that film/read the book about Norma Khouri, the woman who masqueraded as an islamic virgin from Jordan but was actually a middle class mother of two from Chicago...

...i remember reading her book and being horrified at the honour killings she described, such as that of her closest friend. then i read that she had made them all up. it doesnt lessen the importance of honour killings as an issue, i just thought it was a fascinating story.
I recently read about her and she still stood by her lies. Nonetheless it expose cruelty against women in most islamic culture.

banco55

HSC
wrxsti said:
sources?.......................

No-one is justifiying what these people are doing.... its a shame how these crimes occur......... these misinterprettations of Islamic Law.......its the same as suicide bombers who think they are going to heaven when they blow themselves up killing innocent people...............

and secondly.. there is more to a story than 4 lines.... clearly..... (NOTE: NOT JUSTIFIYING ANYTHING)

thirdly... all your posts seem to be filled with mass prejudice and bias... so i wont ever trust anything you ever post....

and finally.... ...... These may be isolated cases.... never have i heard of these "Honour Killings"
In every religion you have stupid, ignorant, barbaric individuals.... who misinterprety everytinhg............
im sure (from stories from some of my jewish friends) that Jews have undertaken MUCH MORE BARBARIC activies............

Ive never heard of a religion where they lock their children up for 3 weeks in a camp and continaully feed them information that "Jews are the Ultimate race and nobody else deserves to live" and dont give me that bullshit about this not being true.
LOL those evil Joos again. If it's seen as a heinous crime in the arab countries why aren't people properly punished for it? Why are many perpetrators not punished or given short (a few months) sentences?

To quote again from the NY times:

"Under Syrian law, an honor killing is not murder, and the man who commits it is not a murderer. As in many other Arab countries, even if the killer is convicted on the lesser charge of a “crime of honor,” he is usually set free within months."

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
in Islam there is no such thing as an honour killing. NO such thing...
read my earlier post.??? ill post it up again

wrxstisources?.......................

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
I'm not a religious buff, but Islam does believe in corporal punishment. eg; You're an adultress, than you should be lashed. If you are married and are accused of adultery, then under Islamic law you should be stoned.

But wait, it's just like "Christian Law" and "Judaic Law", and basically all the other primeval religious law. So basically the only difference is they're "Religious"? If Australia is considered a Judeo-Christian country, then basically we believe in similar principles except, what the hay? We don't follow the religion as much.

Here is the actual Islamic law (if anybody actually cares.) Again, I'm not supporting honour killings, because firstly the source of the religion doesn't, and because it's barbaric. The idea that normal Syrians or muslims condone this is total nonsense.

(As for) the fornicatress and the fornicator, flog each of them, (giving) a hundred stripes, and let not pity for them detain you in the matter of obedience to Allah, if you believe in Allah and the last day, and let a party of believers witness their chastisement.
Summary: Whipeth teh fornicators.

The adulterer shall not marry save an adulteress or an idolatress, and the adulteress none shall marry save an adulterer or an idolater. All that is forbidden unto believers.
Summary: Thou shalt not marry adulterers.

And those who accuse honourable women but bring not four witnesses, scourge them (with) eighty stripes and never (afterward) accept their testimony - They indeed are evil-doers -
Summary: Whipeth those that accuse wimmenz of adultery, do not accept their testimony in the future.

Save those who afterward repent and make amends. (For such) lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
Summary: lo! except if they repent and make amends.

As for those who accuse their wives but have no witnesses except themselves; let the testimony of one of them be four testimonies, (swearing) by Allah that he is of those who speak the truth;
Summary: But if a man accuses his wife on adultery, he counts as four testimonies. (In before outrage.)

And yet a fifth, invoking the curse of Allah on him if he is of those who lie.
Summary: But his fith testimony must be a oath invoking the wrath of Allah (all mighty) on himself.

But it would avert the punishment from the wife, if she bears witness four times (with an oath) By Allah, that (her husband) is telling a lie;
Summary: But wait! She can do the same thing. If makes four testimonies it's negated.

And a fifth (time) that the wrath of Allah be upon her if he speaketh truth.
Overall Summary: If he/she doesn't truly believe in the curse of Allah (all mighty) he/she can make a false testimony, etc.

So this is all unfounded, usually propoganda. Just like the propoganda used against Communists (they be eatin their babies) and Germany (they be bayonetting our babies), etc. And the lie that freedom fighters don't want freedom, instead they want virgins.

Ba'al Shem Tov

يهوه هو الرب
HSC
N/A
A 45-year-old father of Mamponteng in Ashanti is on trial for allegedly beating his daughter to death. Haruna Bismawu had allegedly accused his eldest child, Habiba Bismawu, 20, of sleep around with men.

His warning to her to desist from her immoral lifestyle had gone unheeded. When she returned home early on Monday after spending the night outside the home on Sunday, he was especially concerned because it was Ramadan when Muslims, by virtue of their religion, are obliged to stay pure.

Haruna reportedly grabbed Habiba and subjected her to severe beating.

She was said to have died on the way to the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital and was buried on the same day.

Haruna allegedly attempted to run away but was arrested by the Community Police.

Police Inspector Yusif Mohammed Tanko of the Ashanti Regional Police Public Affairs Unit told the Times that Haruna was put before the Mamponteng Magistrates Court on Monday charged with murder.

His plea was not taken and he was remanded into prisons custody to appear again on October 22.
http://www.kessbenfm.com/news_read.php?nid=1207

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)