Hospitality (1 Viewer)

HSC
its not that bad is it reckon it should be ok!!! hey don't stress it's not the end of the world lol!!! good luck
:jaw:

mattyh.180sx

HSC
ahhh hospitality dis arvo, im beginning to stress im heaps concerned bout tha second last question where u gotta talk bout the legaslations and stuff :confused:. i hope its an easy question. anywayz goodluck every1

pshazique

HSC
Good luck everyone. It should be an alright exam.
I hope the second last question is good though.

FUCKMAN

HSC
mattyh.180sx said:
ahhh hospitality dis arvo, im beginning to stress im heaps concerned bout tha second last question where u gotta talk bout the legaslations and stuff :confused:. i hope its an easy question. anywayz goodluck every1

hey um do we have to know legislations? do u know what else is mainly going to be in the exam

clozza

HSC
oh gosh im over all this business...
and yes my eyes are puffing out from reading too much.. but nothing seems to be going in...

well all the best everyone... sure its going to be sweeeeeeeet

becci13

HSC
i just what it to be over with. my teacher is convenced that there will be a question to do with the NEW IR LAWS. She thinks this because that falls into the topic of 'update industry knowledge' and proves that you have updated your knowledge. i'll just go back to reading over my notes now. hehe

Charli-lou

HSC
im freekin here...
i thought id be ok, cos i was sick for trials n didnt study but still did fairly well n thought the exam was easy...but the course is so content heavy and there are too many things to go over before the exam...what the heck are IR Laws????
it would be awesome if someone could explain

xo

mattyh.180sx

HSC
wat r IR Laws anywayz? neva really heard of dem, yeah i hope its second last question is something eazy tho, i recon tha last question shouldn't be that hard its about how to carry out safty procedures and all wen cooking something.

do we hav to study methods of cookery? like each type of cooking like boiling and grilling ect.

Goodluck everyone

becci13

HSC
Well i don't no much about the IR LAWS. All i know is that the government have brought in these new workplace lwas that have changed thinks like wages and pay rates etc. ummmm example....i work at macca have been there for almost 3 yr i get a pay rise every yr when its my b'day. i get...well used to get b4 i got to old time and a half on a sunday and on a public holiday i would get double time and a half or just double time or whatever...but new ppl that are being hired don't get these. they get a set rate ALL THE TIME...no matter what day it is, or whatever. this is beacuse of the NEW Industrial Relations Laws. i would looked them up or ask someone b4 the exam just to make sure. I'm HOPING they haven't put a question in on them fingers cross. GOOD LUCK!!!!! We'll do fine!!!! sorry if i've made pppl painc.

Annabel06

HSC
Ok, Im not a hospitality student but a business studies one instead and we have to learn about IR reforms...the industrial relations reforms are new laws that have been introduced by the Howard Government to regulate the working conditions that impact on the health and safety of workers. There was considerable uproar as a result of the recent IR reforms because it benefitted a lot of employers but did not benefit the employees. We have to go into quite a bit of detail about it all...but at least you will have a basic understanding of what it is.

mattyh.180sx

HSC
yeah i kno bout industrial relations now lolz, i was gettin so stressed kinda 4got bout dat, i was just readin sum exel pass cards earlier lolz. yer goodluck

Charli-lou

HSC
yeh i know now...never learnt it in Hospo though...IR laws is what everyone is goin on about in the news n stuff hey...like there are adds n stuff about it....like ppl are losin their jobs n stuff...

it governs the mutual obligations of the employees and employers.

it governs the payrates and working obligations and hours of workers...

wow have fun in the exam all u hospo kids...

xo

tazzaj07

HSC
hospo was gay! i hated it and the last question for food & beverage...wat the selling tech. like cmon i had to learn about god damn legislations & the 'danger zones' for no reason....argh.

but glad its over was sucha waste ov time

lucy088

HSC
I thought that exam was pretty easy.
I was expecting there to be more questions about legislation, and tempretures and all that and there wasnt!

The only part I struggled with was q.24 about the Accomodation Services and reservation systems. I cannot recall learning about that all.
But apart from that I thought it was good.
Anyone else agree?? :)

chichi

HSC
For the sectors question.. i freaked out cuz i no the sectors are tourism and tourism services, gaming. etc.. and departments are kitchen, reception, etc... but i thought what if it was wrong and they were askign for departments? i did Accommodation and Travel and tourism/ Tourism services and wrote the interrelationship between them... is that gona b right??? ....

also how about the giveaway questions... 2 wohleeeee marks for identifying 2 sectors ??? and identifying the role of the oh&s committee??? WHATA FREEBEE!!!! WOOOOOOOOO LOVED ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT..:rofl:

p.s. was i right with that 5 mark sector question?:confused:

nikturner

HSC
I loved the tourism exam it was soooo easy!! if i dont get in the 90's i will cry!
i do comercial cookery and i wrote 4 pages about boiling and four about baking.. if they cant find 15 marks in that there is definently something wrong :p

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
if u do hospitality arent you just suppose to do "commercial cookery".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)