Hospitality (1 Viewer)

HSC
my teacher taught us heaps of stuff so we could have chose either the commercial cookery or food and beverage.
and im glad she taught us both coz i only the types of cooking briefly and i would not have been able to write a 15 mark answer of poaching and baking.
it was unexpected coz in our trials we had a q like that but we got to choose the 2 things.

floe

HSC
robyn7 said:
hey dw i feel the exact same as u. MC and short answer were rly good and yeah the last long reponse on commerical cookery..pretty shit!
hopefully we can do really well in mc and short answer and the first long reponse and maybe get at least a few marks in the commerical cookery so it wont be so bad..
ooooo ooooo i hated it the last one wass sooo stooopppiidd damn u poaching!!!!!!!! :( :angry: it killeddd meeee i was like good perfect everything rite ok.. turn the page i fell apart i was gunna cryyyyyy!!!!!!

penthom16

HSC
N/A
I am pretty sure that question for the soiled linen was biological if anyone is interested...

amy.yeah!

HSC
overall it wasn't as bad as expected...
but didnt like the long answers much.
poaching and baking! ahhh! i like never even studied them..
but luckily i had a weird brain snap and thought of something..

halzes

HSC
i could have literally cried when i read the poaching and baking question!
id studied deep frying and braising so i had no idea!!!!
i didnt even know what the underlying principles were or a la carte ( i thought it was like fancy restaurant stuff). It was a hard question to tie in any form of legislation or workplace experience so i generally tried to use as many industry terms as possible =P.
at least short answer and mc werent too bad. but what was with all the 6-8 mark questions in short answer! they could have at least thrown in some more 3-4 markers!
=)

s2hurt

HSC
well i was lucky enough since i only studied shallow frying and poaching. But i baked a cake 2 days before the exam, made a difference of knowing the low temperute of 130-180degress when baking a cake. dry and crisp on the outside and moist insid.yummmm.....

this is how i remembered a la carte= off the card menu.

rach19

HSC
Oh yay at legislation, I memoried anti-dicrimination and EEO for 3 days before and they worked well together. Hopefully I did well on that. F&B question was similar to my trial except for the evaluate part Anyone else ask for extra books, damn 4 pages!

mef90

HSC
well my effin teacher taught us nothing...she was soooo awful!
and as much as we tried to teach ourselves, it's just not the same.

plus i had totally forgot that the exam was 100% of your mark for hospitality,
and that rank and assessment marks dont count.

ARGH! i came in first rank in my class but i absolutely failed the exam..only 4 of us were left at the end of the exam, the top four and that shows how little our class knew.

this is so friggen annoying....im so glad its over, but NOT looking forward to my results at all =[

HSC
rach19 said:
F&B question was similar to my trial except for the evaluate part Anyone else ask for extra books, damn 4 pages!
yeah my trials q was something about breakfast service in a hotel. so that was good.
and yeah 4 pages was so crap!!!!
i was writing and i didnt realise until i was finished a booklet! i was like"SHIT" put my hand up. then a girl in the next row turned around and looked at me with a shocked look/dirty. i was like "wtf do u want?"

BabyK

HSC
how many pages did you guys write for the 15 marks questions at the end??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)