Hospitality (1 Viewer)

JJBearPaw

HSC
nipples--- said:
i put answering machine and the phone that does all the switchy things and puts people on hold, like in a large establishment, i called it a motherboard, stupid i am.. my friend wrote a note pad and a pen, coz like u need it to record the message and stuff... so i dunno
A motherboard! Ahaha. That's awesome.
At least you didnt put down mobile phone
....like some other stupid person...
...errr

s2hurt

HSC
lol.^ i put answering machine and switchboard.

does anyone know the answer for soiled linen in the bathroom. is it physical, bio, psylogical or environmental.

i think i mis-interpret the question, was contemplating between physical and bio but then i read over it like 10 times n crossed out bio and put environmental. my mine plays trick on me if i re-read it 10 times.

Zeestylez

HSC
lol i checked the booklet and mobile phone is right
i wrote extension line which was right and message book which was wrong llol stupid me

how many marks was that worth.. 1 was it?

nipples---

HSC
isnt physical spills and stuff, psychological like bullying or whatever, environment like lighting and stuff while biological is bacteria and stuff? or is that chemicals i dunno... i put B), seemed most correct to me

JJBearPaw

HSC
s2hurt said:
lol.^ i put answering machine and switchboard.

does anyone know the answer for soiled linen in the bathroom. is it physical, bio, psylogical or environmental.

i think i mis-interpret the question, was contemplating between physical and bio but then i read over it like 10 times n crossed out bio and put environmental. my mine plays trick on me if i re-read it 10 times.
Yeah agreed. I change it to something weird if I re-read too long.

I said biological, but it could likely be physical.

Biological Hazard: A `biological hazard` or `biohazard` is an organism, or substance derived from an organism, that poses a threat to (primarily) human health. This can include medical waste, samples of a microorganism, virus or toxin (from a biological source) that can impact human health.

JJBearPaw

HSC
Kinda shit that it was 2 for one. I hate that you can be half right. Just make it 2 marks!!

s2hurt

HSC
^ oh damm it, why did i have to go back and re-read it, which then got me confused.

the order form is called requisitioning right?

cocolossil

HSC
i was very disappointed with the exam questions.
the multiple choice & short answer questions i was very pleased with but when I turned to the long response I pretty much fell apart. The last question (for commercial cookery) was horrible! it was too specific and related to an a la carte menu what the?!
i'm really hoping i haven't bombed my hsc because of those questions :(
they should have gone off the trial exam that was easy.

robyn7

HSC
cocolossil said:
i was very disappointed with the exam questions.
the multiple choice & short answer questions i was very pleased with but when I turned to the long response I pretty much fell apart. The last question (for commercial cookery) was horrible! it was too specific and related to an a la carte menu what the?!
i'm really hoping i haven't bombed my hsc because of those questions :(
they should have gone off the trial exam that was easy.

hey dw i feel the exact same as u. MC and short answer were rly good and yeah the last long reponse on commerical cookery..pretty shit!
hopefully we can do really well in mc and short answer and the first long reponse and maybe get at least a few marks in the commerical cookery so it wont be so bad..

Zeestylez

HSC
anyone do fb question lol?

if so, wat styles of service did you do.
I think i stuffed that up. But explained the mise en place procedure pretty well.
Will that affect my marks significantly?

Mr.Cassimatis

HSC
i found the comm cook question to be awesome

if u planned it out laterally it wasnt a prob at all

sometimes the way they word questions can decieve people

Mr.Cassimatis

HSC
that basically asked you to define each method of cookery and what they focus on, i.e. baking dry heat method of cooking best used for large cuts of meat tender pieces bla bla that sorta bullshit

forkyspoony18

HSC
Mr.Cassimatis said:
that basically asked you to define each method of cookery and what they focus on, i.e. baking dry heat method of cooking best used for large cuts of meat tender pieces bla bla that sorta bullshit

and then you also had to evaluate each ones suitability to an a la carte menu... if you didnt do that you would have lost marks.

HSC
Zeestylez said:
anyone do fb question lol?

if so, wat styles of service did you do.
I think i stuffed that up. But explained the mise en place procedure pretty well.
Will that affect my marks significantly?
yeah i did food and beverage, i used buffet, table de hote, a la carte, cafeteria style and room service =]
it might affect ur marks coz the question was evaluate the services with reference to mise en place.
but who knows...the ppl that mark these tests are weird.

HSC
Zeestylez said:
lol i checked the booklet and mobile phone is right
i wrote extension line which was right and message book which was wrong llol stupid me

how many marks was that worth.. 1 was it?
it was worth 2 marks.
i wrote 3 things coz i learnt when in doubt put more down!
i worte headset, base phone and some paper to write msgs.

ohhh and im 99% positive that q 3 is d coz read the text book. i remember the first 2 things u have to do is listen and acknowledge.
thats all i did tuesday, just read the text book =]
i had.
1. c
2. a
3. d
4. d
5. a
6. c
7. b
8. a
9. a
10. a
11. c
12. c
13. d
14. b
15. c

im a bit worried about 4, 6, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15.

ps. i really shouldnt be on this...i have ancient tomorrow!
but i just cant stop myself.

jollymolly

HSC
i reckon 3 is d. when dealing with customer complaints u listen, aknowledge, establish the problem, confirm/agree on solution then take action

and 5 is b. coz "soiled" is biological and contains bacteria

6 is c. room temp is around 11-21 and if the dry storage is ventilated it should be ok.. ? lol

13. is probably d. clostridium is found in dust, unwashed vegetables but then again so is salmonella

i really want to know wat the correct answear for q4 was????

i put switch board and facsimile for the telephone question not sure if thats right anymore!

thought commercial cookery totally sucked! why couldn't they ask 2 of our own choiceee

Davadale

HSC
emiliehearts said:
it was divine im telling you.
mother is a hospo teacher herself.
and told me what she thinks will be in it.
and what do you know.
it was in the test.
So you live in a trailer?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)