hotmail (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
hey, how come u told me to send a blank e-mail, and when i went to the site ragerunner showed me, it tells u to include all this stuff? :s

When you send the blank e-mail MS will automatically forward you an e-mail that asks you to fill in credentials, which is listed in the site from the link that Protector posted.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Winston
Well if you know nothing much about MS products etc, don't bother being a BETA tester, you'll get kicked for it.
I agree. Microsoft should not even have a KB article describing how to become a beta tester, publicly available for any joe schmoe to read and apply - it wastes Microsoft's time and it wastes the individuals time reading through applications, etc.
Originally posted by freaking_out
hey, how come u told me to send a blank e-mail, and when i went to the site ragerunner showed me, it tells u to include all this stuff? :s
When you send the blank e-mail MS will automatically forward you an e-mail that asks you to fill in credentials, which is listed in the site from the link that Protector posted.
As Winston has described, try sending a blank email to betareq :)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Huy
I agree. Microsoft should not even have a KB article describing how to become a beta tester, publicly available for any joe schmoe to read and apply - it wastes Microsoft's time and it wastes the individuals time reading through applications, etc.

As Winston has described, try sending a blank email to betareq :)

Agreed, honestly freaking_out if you just wanna preview the new stuff MS has just hop on WinBETA, but if you're planning to join the BETA programs because you just wanna get updates, i'd say save it, because ok i'm "JUST" ok to fall into a BETA tester, and i'm not up myself to say i'm good with computing i know my stuff here and there, i think Huy will do a good job as one, but honestly i just wanted to try my luck for Longhorn that's why i applied but besides that BETA testing is quite painful in a way we have like alot of homework to do believe it or not it's called homework lol but it's time consuming and you gotta devote your time. I mean you can't tell me you're gonna hop into BETA testing and choose whatever product you like they don't let you they just inform you once they have a new product they would like you to test and they do the picking, and if they told you to BETA test "Whidbey" (i.e. codeanme for VS.NET 2004) hell i don't think you would stand a chance, you have to know how to program in .NET, you gotta use it alot and program using the Namespaces in the framework, as well as noticing irregularities in the framework etc... But i didn't choose to BETA test "Whidbey" i only BETA tested so far, Office 2003, Windows Update V4, Windows Winter 2004 Update Fix Pack, Windows Messenger 5, and now i'm hoping for Longhorn.

Huy

HSC
N/A
i think Huy will do a good job as one
I'm not going legit. LOL :p It's more of a thrill when you get MSDN Universal access elsewhere. (including all monthly DVDs and CDs, access to 'sites' and the 'usual stuff' ;))

edit
You're typing way too much for one post. What's going on? :p :D

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Huy
I'm not going legit. LOL :p It's more of a thrill when you get MSDN Universal access elsewhere. (including all monthly DVDs and CDs, access to 'sites' and the 'usual stuff' ;))

edit
You're typing way too much for one post. What's going on? :p :D

LOL!, ahhh how much i dream for a MSDN subscription FFS gimme gimme :p... wait a min don't tell me you got access to an account?!

:p... yeah after seeing your exemplar response in a thread in the IPT forum, i have said to myself i shall reach that one day! :D :rolleyes:

Huy

HSC
N/A
LOL!, ahhh how much i dream for a MSDN subscription FFS gimme gimme :p... wait a min don't tell me you got access to an account?!

:p... yeah after seeing your exemplar response in a thread in the IPT forum, i have said to myself i shall reach that one day! :D :rolleyes:
There was a hacked (leaked) MSDN universal account login and password (string of upper/lower case alphanumeric password) on the Internet before, until MS found out about it. This was before accounts were tied to .NET passports - rather than individual account logins (using any @hotmail or MSN email account). I did have access to an account during the Whistler betas, but let's just say it wasn't "totally legal" - nowadays I can still receive access to MSDN Monthly mailouts (such as DVDs and CDs), however, these are not from MS, shipped to me, but rather 'distributed' if you know what I'm saying. ;)

I didn't know you visited the IPT forum :p

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Huy
There was a hacked (leaked) MSDN universal account login and password (string of upper/lower case alphanumeric password) on the Internet before, until MS found out about it. This was before accounts were tied to .NET passports - rather than individual account logins (using any @hotmail or MSN email account). I did have access to an account during the Whistler betas, but let's just say it wasn't "totally legal" - nowadays I can still receive access to MSDN Monthly mailouts (such as DVDs and CDs), however, these are not from MS, shipped to me, but rather 'distributed' if you know what I'm saying. ;)

I didn't know you visited the IPT forum :p

HAHAH ok well... lol :p yes i know what you're saying, yes that account i still remember it, Whistler was the first time in computing well actually i started to have a computer when Whistler started and i remember that incident on the news of someone who hacked MS servers and stole Whistler, and yeah about that MSDN account leaked, very interesting, but i got so much i want!!!! argghhh hand over some goodie pubs ;)... im getting ready for tommorow i swear i'm gonna be a net junkie all weekend :p... i need heaps of shit, Photoshop CS, i duno anything muhahah! :D

errr... well u see i was just perusing through that forum by accident you know it's quite close to SDD and IT :p... so i thought i was browsing the IT forum, doh what a mistake! :p

Huy

HSC
N/A
hand over some goodie pubs ;)
There are better sources than pubs, go a few levels above a pubstro and you'll be drooling ;)
im getting ready for tommorow i swear i'm gonna be a net junkie all weekend :p... i need heaps of shit, Photoshop CS, i duno anything muhahah! :D
You know... Herrick had the opportunity to get "heaps of shit, Photoshop CS, etc" before and that could easily have been you :p but I guess there's more of a thrill when you're breaking the law online, watching your numbers fly... LOL (abuse that Telstra connection!) :D

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Huy
but I guess there's more of a thrill when you're breaking the law online, watching your numbers fly... LOL (abuse that Telstra connection!) :D

True that! :D....

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by MiSSi
hey is there anything wrong with hotmail? i cant check my mail anymore!!
No, it's working on my end.

MiSSi

ok i think its me then. i went library it worked fine been happening for like 2 weeks. the prob is i can sign in but nothing loads up the screen is blank and the bottom says its done. can any1 help??

Huy

HSC
N/A
- Reload the page
- Reconnect to the site
- Try using ninemsn or alternative ways to sign into your passport (not necessarily through www.hotmail.com)
- Try a different browser
- Try checking your email through the Messenger service
- Restart your computer if necessary
- Have patience

Huy

HSC
N/A
kinda tried all that
Then it is literally you.

No idea sorry,

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
ok i think its me then. i went library it worked fine been happening for like 2 weeks. the prob is i can sign in but nothing loads up the screen is blank and the bottom says its done. can any1 help??
yes, that is why i started this thread. it just doesn't work sometimes! so yeah as you can see there have been no other alternatives found. i suggest just keep trying, and sometimes going through msn works

Winston

HSC
heh i know that problem gimme an hr i gtg now when i'm back i'll explain how to fix it.

Winston

HSC
ok.. this should do the trick, double click on the little globe on the status bar of Internet explorer,

it should have a little globe and it says Internet

You'll see a window come up

Select internet

click on Custom Level, then you should see this vertical slider

change it to Medium-Low, and then try accessing hotmail if that doesnt work move it down to Low.

Hope that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)