How and where did you meet your GF/BF??!!?? (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
alby said:
better imo than saying it without meaning it, right (literally) at the beginning of the relationship, within only a few weeks of knowing me why does it matter so much where someone meets their partners? and what's so wrong with meeting someone at fencing?
ps. most of you cant comment on me meeting bf's online - i've seen the amount of time you guys spend online. and anyway why do you care about me and not people like dan & sarah or tom & az? and i vote that you're a nutjob nser who doesnt belong in l&r
We don't go online with the EXPRESS PURPOSE of finding someone, which is what the hi5 network essentially is.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lolz, i should join the hi5 network. i like effortless casual secks.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
stazi said:
If your parents truly loved you, they wouldn't force you into something with a guy who they don't even really know.
You can't make judgements like that.

stazi said:
But don't you think that you should have explored your options before jumping into marriage. It was not a nudge, it was a 'come meet this guy. (read: you'll be married to him soon, as this benefits our family). Perhaps you should have known him for a lot longer, lived with him, known he's the right guy.

You also note how it's excellent that you have to work to make the marriage work in your culture, or face gossip, etc. You don't see this as problematic? There is no escape - you are forced to make it work, or face vilification.
It's a culture you don't understand. Don't judge. For a multicultural country we should have people who are open minded and tolerant of other ways of thinking but it is incresingly evident to me that this is not the case.

I don't agree with arranged marriages for myself but I can understand what she is saying and where she is coming from. For example, being forced to make it work is not necessarily bad. She has already said she loves the guy, being forced to make it work just means they don't give up easily, they don't just think that they want out everytime something goes wrong. I can also understand how having your parents isn't necessarily bad. In reality, most people are decent and fun to be with when they feel comfortable.

Gibbo69er

Poor Student
HSC
Roll_Your_Eyes said:
LOL I love telling this story, cant wait to tell it to our kids.

I met Daniel at my work on a Thursday night, I work at Kmart and he came in and got a bottle of coke. I said cya later and thought I wouldnt see him again. Then 5 minutes later he came back and said to me "there is something wrong with this docket" and I said "what?" and he said "it doesnt have your number on it" Then it took me a few seconds to realise what he meant and I just laughed. Then he went and a little while later came back again. This time he bought a packet of chips. He said to me "can I have your number now?" so I wrote it down on the docket for him. Later that night when I finished work he rung me and we talked for about an hour. We talked on the phone every night for a week and then we went to the movies together to see The Forgotten, thats the night we started going out.

That was more than a year ago. I love him more than ever.
Danielle and Daniel forever :)
It's danielle! HI DANIELLE!!!!

Gibbo69er

Poor Student
HSC
My last mini fling thingy was at schoolies, met at schoolies and only at schoolies so yeah, she only lives about 40mins away from me, but still I'd rather be with sum1 closer.

Ummm before that, school

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
minushuman said:
So this is what you do;

1. Smuggle boyfriend through bedroom window (if on second story use pogo stick)
2. Spent night having hard and fast, but quiet, sex
3. Fall asleep together, nakie
4. Wait till your parents wake up for breakfast then send your boyfriend out into the kitchen to get you some orange juice (nudity and nonchalantness are key here)
5. For added flair have said boyfriend yell suprise and flop his penis out into your mum and/or dad's cereal

This really is the least painful way of telling them; and also most informative as they will already assume you're having sex and won't need to ask you about it.

:rofl: :rofl:

selurkcin

HSC
N/A
haha soccer training! I nearly killed her with a soccer ball. like yay how romantic hey.

kevinle

V13+ 801
HSC
i met my current at my x's workplace
they were best friend at the time when i went out with my x's
now they hate each other

Skeeta

HSC
i met my b/f randomly at the beach one day.. its a bit sad, we didnt even talk but there was my group of girls and his group of boys.. at the end it was a big orgy of phone number swapping.

he ended up with mine.. and we stayed in touch

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
In a first year stat practical. I had seen him in a few psych lectures, and though he was just gorgeous! (I know its slightly stalkerish, but it all worked out in the end!).

He just smiled at me and sat down next to me, and we hit it off. A day later we went to coffee for three hours, and then, as they say, the rest is history :)

LY! :D

HSC
Through school.

She was the new girl and I introduced myself in Business Studies the first time I saw her. We became friends and flirted through that and then i finally asked her out after Ext1 English one day.

sabdow

HSC
my story went something like i threatened to kill her parents in their sleep then she threatened to suicide, blah blah, we ended up having sex that weekend

been together for 9 months now

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
He was screwing my friend, she dragged me out to his place one night so she could get some without looking like a friendless loser (all his friends were there). He thought I was hot, then saw me at Maccas one day and decided he had to get my number. So he threatened my friend, messaged me, we met up... and so on.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
sabdow said:
my story went something like i threatened to kill her parents in their sleep then she threatened to suicide, blah blah, we ended up having sex that weekend

been together for 9 months now
how romantic :)

ally902

HSC
bittersweet_em said:
through friends... that's the best way to meet bfs because ur friends already know him

IM FULL WITH YOU THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cause the suckiest thing is when u meet a guy u really like, and ur friends dont get along with him!!!

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I met my boy on a blinda date that I (and he) didnt know I was set up on by a mutual friend... I would NEVER blind date. EVER. I could have killed her...only that it worked out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)