How are you spending your break? (2 Viewers)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
We haven't studied that yet at our school. We have just finished up on advanced integral calculus. We will be starting extension integration next term very soon. Next for advanced is stats though. looking at the past hsc paper, its 40 percent calculus, and stats don't make up much of it.

And yes I LOVE math adv topics :) They're so easy, unlike extension topics which make no sense half the time. I feel so smart(even though im dumb) when I get top 3 in my class without tutoring, and only doing the past papers. Easy band 6 woo!
Oh damn im the complete opposite lmao adv math topics (other than the calculus bits) are aids (basically all of the statsitics caluculator things and that stuff)
p.s ext 1 topics should make sense its just the all the textbooks are trash at explaining sadly

for adv this term we had to hand in this financial maths thing where u make up a client and stuff it was annoying af
But i trolled so much in the assignment

Last edited:

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
We haven't studied that yet at our school. We have just finished up on advanced integral calculus. We will be starting extension integration next term very soon. Next for advanced is stats though. looking at the past hsc paper, its 40 percent calculus, and stats don't make up much of it.

And yes I LOVE math adv topics :) They're so easy, unlike extension topics which make no sense half the time. I feel so smart(even though im dumb) when I get top 3 in my class without tutoring, and only doing the past papers. Easy band 6 woo!
I wouldn't base your judgement just off last years hsc paper. I remember back in 2021 when I did adv hsc it wasn't like anything I expected, the topics that is and concentration on certain topics.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC

no adv topics are the worst thing ever

Interdice

HSC
I wouldn't base your judgement just off last years hsc paper. I remember back in 2021 when I did adv hsc it wasn't like anything I expected, the topics that is and concentration on certain topics.
I've done many different trial papers. When I was studying for my calculus exam, I did North Sydney Boys, Sydney Grammar, Abotsleigh, Ascham, Cherrybrook tech, Killara, Sydney Boys, Baulkham, Fort street high. Various years 2021-2022. I obviously skipped parts of the exam that had nothing to do with calculus. However at least 30 percent of the exam was calculus. I once found an exam where like 55 percent of the exam was calculus lol.

Interdice

HSC
Oh damn im the complete opposite lmao adv math topics (other than the calculus bits) are aids
p.s ext 1 topics should make sense its just the all the textbooks are trash at explaining sadly

for adv this term we had to hand in this financial maths thing where u make up a client and stuff it was annoying af
But i trolled so much in the assignment
Well. I'm pretty good at trig. I need to improve in discrete/probability.

Nah I'm just garbage at extension. Year 11 extension topics confues me way more than they should. I bought the excel past paper thing, did a few questions from 2009 and 2018 papers and lost most the marks.

Lol those math take home assignments are pure garbage and a waste of time. An exam would be better every time. A friend and I did a MX1 assignment, and hit every one of the syllabus dot points. We only got a 60 percent. SHe went crazy docking marks for near no reason lol. Bullshit asasignment made the MX1 students jump lol.

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
I've done many different trial papers. When I was studying for my calculus exam, I did North Sydney Boys, Sydney Grammar, Abotsleigh, Ascham, Cherrybrook tech, Killara, Sydney Boys, Baulkham, Fort street high. Various years 2021-2022. I obviously skipped parts of the exam that had nothing to do with calculus. However at least 30 percent of the exam was calculus. I once found an exam where like 55 percent of the exam was calculus lol.
2020? But fair enough then calculus is a pretty big topic and big part of advanced mathematics.

Interdice

HSC
2020? But fair enough then calculus is a pretty big topic and big part of advanced mathematics.
Oh I didn't realize that math advanced 2020 counted as a new curriculum. My tutor says that it starated in 2021. HSC ninja also says it started in 2021

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Oh I didn't realize that math advanced 2020 counted as a new curriculum. My tutor says that it starated in 2021. HSC ninja also says it started in 2021
Yeah it was the first year if I'm not mistaken

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Well. I'm pretty good at trig. I need to improve in discrete/probability.
Exactly, All of statistics in adv sucks including probability stuff

Nah I'm just garbage at extension. Year 11 extension topics confues me way more than they should. I bought the excel past paper thing, did a few questions from 2009 and 2018 papers and lost most the marks.
how r u doing with current topics?
which y11 topics don't you get

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
Course are over two years (preliminary HSC & HSC), so the new curriculum actually came into effect for Yr 11 students in 2019, whilst the first HSC exam with new curriculum materials was in 2020. In general, NESA would say that the new curriculum started in 2019 because it started for Yr 11 students.
(Edited to correct incorrect Info)

Last edited:

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Perhaps referring to two different points since courses are two years (preliminary HSC & HSC), so the new curriculum came into effect for Yr 11 students in 2020, whilst the first HSC exam with new curriculum materials was in 2021. In general, NESA would say that the new curriculum started in 2020 because it started for Yr 11 students. I remember this because my son sat the Adv maths HSC paper in 2020 and his first extension paper in 2021, so he and the school had to be careful about how the old & new curricula applied to him.
wait so 2020 papers are actually old syllabus?

Interdice

HSC
Exactly, All of statistics in adv sucks including probability stuff

how r u doing with current topics?
which y11 topics don't you get
Well. I have problems with Vectors/Projectile motion, Perms and combs(like everyone), year 11 Differential Calculus. I have major problms with these, however I'm not very good at much of extension. I usually get bottom of my class in extension exams. Advanced is much easier.

I blame the textbook lol.

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Well. I have problems with Vectors/Projectile motion, Perms and combs(like everyone), year 11 Differential Calculus. I have major problms with these, however I'm not very good at much of extension. I usually get bottom of my class in extension exams. Advanced is much easier.

I blame the textbook lol.
do u do physics?

Interdice

HSC
do u do physics?
I do. I find the theory part of projectile motion fine. Vy = 0 at maximum. However the problem solving part is very hard.

Problem solving in extension is generally much harder than advanced, where it's very scafolded

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)