How can I get in Commerce at UNSW?!? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I am currently in Year 12 and I am doing my HSC this year. I am planning to do Bachelor of Commerce at UNSW and I may combine it with Bachelor of Economics. I need an ATAR of 95.65 to get in this course. I don't think I will be able to get that so I want to know what alternatives I have. I am determined to go to UNSW and I really want to minimize the time that I may have to spend doing something that is not relevant to the course I want do. I have to give my preferences for the courses I want to do at university now, so could you please suggest something for me?

I heard there are other courses I can do at UNSW and than change to Commerce, Which courses are these? How does it work? And after how many semesters can I change to Commerce?

Also, if I get into commerce at some other university and want to change to UNSW, How can I do it? And after how many semesters can I change to Commerce at UNSW?

In which of these options do I have a higher chance of getting into Commerce at UNSW?

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
You should def. put BEco as your second preference as the degree is practically identical. Your first-year subjects would be the same as well so if you got your foot into the door and got a decent WAM then you could easily transfer into BCom

(the only difference AFAIK is that for BEco you're forced to choose an economics related major whereas commerce gives you more flexibility)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
not anymore. the core for economics and commerce will be different starting from 2010.

and as for every other degree you would have to transfer through uac again if you want to get into commerce.

phrred

HSC
not anymore. the core for economics and commerce will be different starting from 2010.

and as for every other degree you would have to transfer through uac again if you want to get into commerce.
not if u transfer inter-faculty, ie eco to commerce

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
you cannot transfer inter-faculty from economics to commerce. it only works that you can pick up an economics degree but not from commerce 3 years to economics 3 years either.

they have different program codes and thus must still be done through uac.

HSC
Hi guys

Please could you read the following and suggest which one is better:

Scenario 1:
I get into Economics(B Arts) at UNSW in the first year and have a Distinction Average for the first 2 semesters and then I apply to change to B Commerce at UNSW.

Scenario 2:
I get into B Commerce at Macquarie University in the first year and have a Distinction Average for the first 2 semesters and then I apply through the UAC to change to B Commerce at UNSW.

* In which one of these will I have a higher chance of getting into B Commerce at UNSW?
* In which one of these will I have more transfer credits so that my B Commerce course becomes shorter?

d0ng

HSC
Hi guys

Please could you read the following and suggest which one is better:

Scenario 1:
I get into Economics(B Arts) at UNSW in the first year and have a Distinction Average for the first 2 semesters and then I apply to change to B Commerce at UNSW.

Scenario 2:
I get into B Commerce at Macquarie University in the first year and have a Distinction Average for the first 2 semesters and then I apply through the UAC to change to B Commerce at UNSW.

* In which one of these will I have a higher chance of getting into B Commerce at UNSW?
* In which one of these will I have more transfer credits so that my B Commerce course becomes shorter?
Scenario 1 was what i went through actually, except I got transferred with only a credit average. You'd still have to apply through UAC, but it went pretty smoothly, as the cores are the same for both economics and commerce so i just continued on doing second-year courses, so i think it wouldn't prolong your commerce thing than necessary...

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
Scenario 1 was what i went through actually, except I got transferred with only a credit average. You'd still have to apply through UAC, but it went pretty smoothly, as the cores are the same for both economics and commerce so i just continued on doing second-year courses, so i think it wouldn't prolong your commerce thing than necessary...
u'll get in don't worry =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)