How come the roosters are allowed to cheat? (1 Viewer)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Suney_J said:
I was going to say the exact same thing. All you have to do is look at the Grand Finals in all 3 grades last year. Roosters had teams in Jersey Flegg, Premier League and First Grade GFs. Now the the last team to do that was St. George in the 80s (I think). This was an indication of how strong St. Georges juniors were back then. You would think that the Roosters making all 3 GFs last year is an indication of how strong their juniors are, its not, its an indication of how rich they are.
As I was watching the Jersey Flegg GF last year, I saw some familiar faces, the most familiar was Moke. He was a Canterbury junior, and I remember seeing him play a few times. This guy didnt need developing, he just had natural talent. He was always a strong player.
I gotta say I dont blame the Roosters for poaching players coz they have a shit junior base. The fact that Ricketson is the only Roosters junior in FG is an indication of how crap it is
It was in 1985, buddy. And like the Roosters of '05, Canterbury spoiled the party.

We won U/23s and Reserve Grade, and lost the First Grade GF to the Dogs 7 - 6.

The juniors at the Dragons have always been strong. They have regularly had a team in the Grand Final for either Reggies (now PL) or U/23s (JF). And with the merger back in 99, the junior base was only strengthened that much more. It's a major reason as to why the Dragons never announce any "big name signings" from other clubs.

You can't blame a club for trying to do as well as it can. Whether it's ethical or there is a certain amount of moral ambiguity attached to their actions is another issue. The only viable solution, considering that the Roosters always cite their actions are due to a poor junior base, would be for their club to relocate to the Central Coast. That would give them the juniors that they crave. On the flipside, though, it would destroy 98 years of history.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
The only viable solution, considering that the Roosters always cite their actions are due to a poor junior base, would be for their club to relocate to the Central Coast. That would give them the juniors that they crave. On the flipside, though, it would destroy 98 years of history.
I was going to suggest the exact same thing

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Suney_J said:
I was going to suggest the exact same thing
Hehe. Great minds....

Kimi, finish it off. And then tell me was 12 + 16 is. :p :p Hehe I love you!

Bookie

Banned
HSC
We have 0, you have 3 since 1955 - the grand final era. You have had an extra 13 years in first grade than us, so if we dont win 3 premierships in that time, you can bag me out.

ledzeppelin

HSC
Bookie said:
We have 0, you have 3 since 1955 - the grand final era. You have had an extra 13 years in first grade than us, so if we dont win 3 premierships in that time, you can bag me out.
to quote jack gibson,
waiting for cronulla to win a premiership is like leaving the porch light on for harold holt

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
The Rooster Paradox

Start of the Year.
'We have signed or resigned Luke Ricketson, Jason Cayless, Brett Firman and Michael Crocker for a combined total of $750,000 because they want to play for a successful team'.

Middle of Year.
'We have let go Luke Ricketson, Jason Cayless, Brett Firman and Michael Crocker. We feel they do not fit in with our plans for the future. This frees up $1,250,000 to be used on new players'.

Oh, and ain't it so true :p :p

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Mate, I don't think you understood what I was trying to say there...

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Sort of. Not unproven stuff.

The point is how they manipulate figures to suit their needs ;)

For example, Chris Walker went from a player on "match payments" to a player "earning $200,000 a year because it reflects the value of an Origin player".

It's more of a joke than anything, and I would have hoped that you had a laugh about it.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Ok first of all, Anasta, Harrison - bit tight under the cap, but we fans can cringe and still handle it - but how can you fit the referees salaries under the cap as well?

FFS, that was one of the most one-sided ref decison games ever. Two of those disallowed NZ were clear tries. Fucking Tupou, that big fat overrated cat, he started the fight "oh, he cant get back in the line" - do you think they stopped the Eels v Dragons match last week because Barrett didn't get back in line? The other disallowed try - forward pass my arse. The ref was a fucking joke to the Warriors, and the Rorts are a fucking joke to themselves and their fans. Who knows what Anasta will do - maybe win them a game :D :D :D :D!!!!

ledzeppelin

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Sort of. Not unproven stuff.

The point is how they manipulate figures to suit their needs ;)

For example, Chris Walker went from a player on "match payments" to a player "earning $200,000 a year because it reflects the value of an Origin player".

It's more of a joke than anything, and I would have hoped that you had a laugh about it.
actually, chris walker's contract did increase in time
he signed a contract where it would be heavily weighted towards this season
so he may well have only been on around 50k last year, but his salary would have increased significantly this year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)