AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Huy
"I'm not happy that I only scored 49/50"

*stabs AsyLum*

Just kidding, :p
hehe im happy with it ecastatic even since its the highlight of my 86.10 UAI....but i just wanted the 50 hehe :)

i guess they really liked my rock :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Nobody at my school got over 40.

That is saying something.

Huy

HSC
N/A
gloria,

I hope you're not kidding, but I will explain nevertheless.

It's not really saying anything about the Board, but it says a lot about my school. I feel that we have been hard done by, because our assessment marks were between 30 to 48/50 (internal assessment, raw marks).

Now, the lowest mark, I believe, from my school (EE2) - internal assessments had been in the low 30s. My mark was in the mid 40s for EE2, and the highest ranked student scored in the high-end 40s. I think he was about 47-48 out of 50.

Our teacher (who doubles as our EE1 teacher) called everybody up to ask for their UAIs and he spoke to me about EE2, seeing as though I was one of his students. He was surprised, because he had been expecting marks falling in the 30s and most students in the 40s. It was surprising to see many students, from my form (who did EE2) scoring as low as 19/50 - with the average mark being "a fail" (less than 25). There were a few students who were in the low 30s, but nobody at my school exceeded the mid 30s (the highest was 33/50).

Now, our assessment marks were in the high-end 40s, to mid 40s. Most of the marks were well above 35/50. Our assessment marks were all in the low 30s, if not mid to high end 20s. Our external exam marks, and I can only speak for myself, were better than the assessment marks, although they weren't much of an improvement.

Consequently, our marks ranged from 19/50 (the lowest, as far as I know), right up to 33/50.

This is disappointing to see, as our assessment marks were predominantly in the 30s, with about three students in the 40s.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
holy shiznit....the one thing with Ext2 is that it ends up becoming very subjective...no denying it, pomo taught me that...but still you guys have been hard done by the looks of things, same happened to one of my friends, maybe it got sent to hell instead of BoS... he got 50/50 for internal, and yet only managed a 32...

bunnyears

i did poetry and got 47/50 but my assess mark was 40!! ARGH
so i got 44 HSC mark. grrrrr, i want my 47
how did the poets go??

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
ah, the poets are complainin' ;)

(disclaimer: WITH EVERY RIGHT, they shouldn't mark one medium soo crazy-hard muttermuttermutter)

Jinglebell

HSC
it's not just the poets complaining.

call me a crazy person, but i really thought my critical response (which y'all could read in the showcase thread if you felt so inclined) was worth a little more than a 32 external mark...i was by no means expecting a 50, but i'm fairly pissed off all the same.

Lolliana

i wrote a script...a nd was heaps surprised
49 external
50 internal

50 HSC

Congrats ee2 2003 we all did so well!

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Eh, my ballad ended up with a 46. I'm quite happy with that considering some of the mistakes I found...:rolleyes: Plus, now that I have my UAI, I just don't care. :D

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Ext Eng 2 internal mark makes no sense... at my school the teacher never said the int mark actually counted, I was always under the assumption that the int mark was disregarded.
Also, the int mark is only marking the process, which makes including it ever weirder...

Huy

HSC
N/A
EE2 is marked internally as a process, and externally as a product.

You will still have an internal assessment mark at school, taking into account your proposal, viva voce(s) and draft reflection statement. If your teacher told you that the internal mark would not count towards anything, you were seriously misled.

The assessment mark is averaged with your external exam mark, to give your final HSC mark.

Jacks

HSC
Originally posted by Jinglebell
it's not just the poets complaining.

call me a crazy person
Ok then you're crazy...:D

but for what it's worth I loved it so yeah...you were unfairly ripped off says me

I ended up with 47 as my HSC mark overall

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)