• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How did everyone go for their Proposal? (2 Viewers)

ssssonicyouth

phonic booth
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ms 12
And I care because......?
*lights ms 12 on fire and cackles*

:angry:

take that you circle headed hitler

:rolleyes: just trying to liven up the argument

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
hehhe. Still, I don't think its really fair. But then thats me.

I mean, the assessment mark is on the process of composition, has nothing to do with your actual major work and how good/bad it is. The exam mark is how good/bad (supposedly) your finished work is. So in my opinion, (which no one should care about and doesnt count for anything) the two marks should be seperate and have nothing to do with each other. At the end of the year, the two marks should be added together and divided in two, and thats that. None of this adjusting of marks stuff.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Originally posted by GuardiaN

I mean, the assessment mark is on the process of composition, has nothing to do with your actual major work and how good/bad it is. The exam mark is how good/bad (supposedly) your finished work is. So in my opinion, (which no one should care about and doesnt count for anything) the two marks should be seperate and have nothing to do with each other. At the end of the year, the two marks should be added together and divided in two, and thats that. None of this adjusting of marks stuff.
It's the HSC --> nothing is fair!

ssssonicyouth

phonic booth
HSC
N/A

the marks you are given for the process of composition are what make up your final ranks

the assessment marks u get on ur hsc certificate get scaled from school to school so it's your rank that counts and not ur final school mark (although how far you are from the standard deviation counts)

for example, if you have a class with two people

person 1: great process of composition-ranked one
terrible majorwork- mark of 3/50

person 2: terrible process of composition-ranked 2
amazing majorwork- mark 48/50

p1 would get 48 for their assessment and p2 would get around 3 for their assement... so it evens out for both to a mark of ~26/50 in extension2 for both of them

iuno if it's fair but that's the system- mail the board of studies :p

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
person 1: great process of composition-ranked one
terrible majorwork- mark of 3/50

person 2: terrible process of composition-ranked 2
amazing majorwork- mark 48/50
Is someone telling me that is fair? wtf?

Ah well. STUFF IT, i'll just do my best. :)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
Originally posted by Silver Persian
Do most of you have to do your viva voce in front of an audience? :(
Besides doing it in front of the panel of judges, no. But sometimes they bring in the year 11s, and that will be hella scary, coz I really dislike the year below us.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
Originally posted by KarmaKitten
Just try your best...try your best...
A saying I will live by for the next 11 months is: "you get what you put in".

Originally posted by KarmaKitten
lol grk_style
I think everyone dislikes the year below them
Our year 11 03 and yr 12 04 got along really well! But our year and the year below are constantly at war! Last term last year, they were acting as though they were seniors...some even in senior uniform. Me being the bitch I am let them all know that since they are NOT being assessed for year 11 they are technically NOT in year 11.

GRRRR! Stupid little shits!

Back to the topic at hand... :p

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
Originally posted by ssssonicyouth
lol did you read the entire post?
lol, is that directed to me? Yes, I red the entire post, but thats the only bit which obviously supported my point of view. :)

Selective Vision, nie? hehehe

Skryp

.The Master.
HSC
I got fucken 8/10..but my idea wasn't completely developed...I left it open a little..then about a week later i figured out EXACTLY what i wanted to do..which probably woulda pushed me to at least 9..

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
hehe, now I only need to ace my Viva Voca (however the heck you spell that) and my other thingo, and i'm set. My major work can be shit, and it won't matter. lol, I go to Sydney Boys High, and someone in my grade will get 49+ for sure.

*rubs his hands with glee*

Maybe I can steal his mark. Hopefully I can.

But you see my point. Not a very fair system, is it? ;)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
hehe, now I only need to ace my Viva Voca (however the heck you spell that) and my other thingo, and i'm set. My major work can be shit, and it won't matter. lol, I go to Sydney Boys High, and someone in my grade will get 49+ for sure.

*rubs his hands with glee*

Maybe I can steal his mark. Hopefully I can.

But you see my point. Not a very fair system, is it? ;)
lmao Very true! I want to ace all my assessments as well. But what I've noticed is that the people in my class wont go really well. I know that's mean to say, but *shrugs* they just dont put the effort in.

So if I get the top mark, they're all gonna steal MINE!

Oh, and it's Viva Voce :p

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
stoopid e. Never did like the way e looks. Viva Voce, not Viva Voca huh? which language is that, anyway. Stoopid english language. Makes no sense, has no rules. bah, as my father says, pee yuu tee = put
however bee yuu tee = but
see pronunciation difference? english is a crazy language.

LOL, anyway, I think it comes down to what I originally said: Marking for extension 2 english should be different from other subjects. They should have 50% from in school, and not related to the major work AT ALL, and the other 50% is your major work mark, which is not related to your in school mark at all.

Hmm, different school would maybe mark less/more harshly, though. mmph. And before anyone says anything, I never can remember what is hsc mark, assessment mark, da da da. Its internal nad external for me. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)