How did u link Q3 with yourself? (1 Viewer)

7th Sign

HSC
I was just relating my self to characterisation in teens and how racist affects community and all bs like that, I may have gone shit in this sections I dont know.

Dinger1987

HSC
I did Imaginative journeys. I linked it too myself by saying the composer inspired me to go on an IJ and I broadened my perspective on the world via the protagonist.

Anthrax

HSC
N/A
drunk_polly said:
guys did you name your story??
i wrote 5 and a half.. not sure on the quality of it though
oh shit, i didnt name my story

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
bb11 said:
I didn't. Wat did u say
At the end of the tempest Prospero breaks fourth wall and adresses the audience. I said something like "in light of this, now would be an appropriate time to break the impersonal wall of the literary essay... etc... *stuff about what I learnt thanks to journeys*".

taxman

make poverty
HSC
I wrote about how my understanding of other people was enhanced through my study of the text's (that is, what the question said.) e.g. I linked Crossing the Red Sea to my understanding of my Italian grandfather, etc. I made up a bunch of bullshit as well. I think in the end, I addressed the dot-points and answered the question while still analysing each text.

Did anybody read and refer to the dot-points above the question? Cos nobody else I know did... :S I thought that's what you're supposed to do....

ishq

brown?
HSC
I didn't link it with myself - I linked it with the characters and the things the readers learn about them, and their world...

Last edited:

drunk_polly

HSC
guys did you name your story??
i wrote 5 and a half.. not sure on the quality of it though

drunk_polly

HSC
oops sorry.. the above post was about section II...
for section III you didnt have to link it with yourself or write in first person.. it could have been a general third person kind of thing... trust me i freaked out too, and immediately asked my english teacher after the exam.

HSC
I wrote in first person for the intro and conclusion... i said that the imaginative journey had widened by understanding of human nature etc, why people undertake journeys, racism blah blah... it's weird writing in first person, but i don't get how else i could have done it- "the person who studied imaginative journeys now knows about herself because journeys have widened her perspective"? It was an odd question.. (but oops i didnt name my story :S)

evette13

HSC
I did physical journeys and my texts alternated between optional journeys and forced journeys. Then I wrote that i am fortunate enough to be able to experience holiday adventures and optional journeys, and linked this to the differences around the world and the individials

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
i actually managed to relate it to myself, the world and its individuals, at the end of every paragraph(discussed text), i related it back the question saying how it affected me and how it improved my understanding of myself and all that crap through journeys.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i didnt talk in the first person, just talked about the expanded understanding of responders.

koopatrooper

HSC
i said somethin like the study of these texts has broadened my undertstaning of inner hourneys and individuals and the world, only in me crap conclusion did i say myself, which we're not supposed to do apparently.

rowan brand

drunk_polly said:
oops sorry.. the above post was about section II...
for section III you didnt have to link it with yourself or write in first person.. it could have been a general third person kind of thing... trust me i freaked out too, and immediately asked my english teacher after the exam.

My english etacher marks AOS physical journeys essays for the HSC and they mark down for not using sustained first person. It is in teh marking criteria and fits in to teh dot point about composing apptropriate to purpose etc.

Sorry to gring bad news.

Also, for those o you who dont put titles for their compositions, its ok. it isnt necessary. You dont have to put a title, but u can if u want.

HSC
thank you!! you've stopped me stressing!! But I did think it would have been unfair if they marked us down for using first person when it directly addresses us. It was kind of a weird question though, because whenever I've used first person in an essay that addresses me directly, I've been told that first person sounds clumsy. And some of my teachers are BOS markers too...

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
I wanked on major time about how appreciative I am of English picking those darling texts.
I used 2 additional.
I saw English as entirely appropriate for study...

And I MEANT IT!

sly fly

HSC
Wait....so we were supposed to use first person? I thought that wasn't exactly the best thing to do in essays, even if the question did say ''how did your understanding'' blah blah blah. Can someone clarify this? Were we supposed to write in first person?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)