How did you find the chem exam? (1 Viewer)

What do you think you would get as a raw mark?

• 90%-100%

Votes: 31 19.0%
  • 80%-90%

Votes: 47 28.8%
  • 70%-80%

Votes: 38 23.3%
  • 60%-70%

Votes: 21 12.9%
  • 50%-60%

Votes: 12 7.4%
  • 50% and lower

Votes: 14 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jackandmilo

HSC
Was it easy? moderate? or hard?

What do you think the state's average would be? :confused:

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
I think at best I'm looking at between 50 and 70.

At worst... I don't even want to think about at worst.

amyg238

HSC
I'm feeling around 80.

I felt really bad for the trials and ended up with 84, which i was really happy with.

Last edited:

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Forbidden. said:
I found out the amount of mistakes I made multiplied like what happens two bunnies of opposite gender are placed in a cave together.

?

emilymcs

HSC
horrible. i'll be so happy with 70%.

does anybody know how the scaling works for these exams? if everybody found it hard, do they scale the marks up?

andyland

HSC
emilymcs said:
horrible. i'll be so happy with 70%.

does anybody know how the scaling works for these exams? if everybody found it hard, do they scale the marks up?
yes they do - they never tell you what you got for your raw mark - only a moderated one. they take all the marks and apply them to a bell curve so that there is equal distribution of marks in every subject.

as for the exam - i did find it alot harder then past papers - im expecting a 6 % raw mark drop - hopfully other people found this also haha.

cuffed

HSC
I thought it was alright.
I was angry how everyone thing was bs - impact on society and the environment etc etc. and that I had memorised all these equations and all those stupid water tests for nothing ;___;
I think I got a lot of stuff wrong though </3
the calculations were tricky :/

tmde1st

HSC
It wasnt that bad. i think i screwed up the chlorine q a bit, but apart from that, it was easier that other exams ive done.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Feel free to use this:

tmde1st said:
It wasnt that bad. i think i screwed up the chlorine q a bit, but apart from that, it was easier that other exams ive done.
Yeah, I ended up getting 73,000 ppm of Chlorine ion concentration when in fact sea water has a concentration of about 35,000 ppm.

Last edited:

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I found it alright. A few questions, notably the Shipwrecks option topic one about the evolution of metals used in shipbuilding as a result of different marine environments, I found quite ambiguous and just had a guess.

I don't remember how to do ppm, but I got somewhere around 70,000+ ppm for the chlorine question IIRC.

Other than that it was OK, some equations etc. I just guessed as I couldn't remember, but it was nice that the big 7-marker was on radioisotopes, which is a topic I'm quite good at.

I'm thinking I may get a raw mark in the 70s, 80s would be nice but unlikely, but I'd love it if everyone found it hard so I get scaled up to 90 or something.

simonelye

Simone.
HSC
Horrible.
I went shockingly.
I wish no body ever saw my exam paper, let alone marked it.
lol
It was a disgrace.
Itll be 50-60maybe.
Oh well.
no more chem everr.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Forbidden. said:
If it is then it looks so easy to get Band 6.
Band 6 is prob going to be around 82-83% raw as you are marked according to a marking criteria(one day of pilot marking is carried about before the chem marking begins, thus they setup the marking criteria set against the avg responses of each band mark) for harder questions 3-4 marks+ calculations require a certain amount of working, zero for no working and correct answer. Top chem marks is prob around 96% raw.

The markers in the hsc are going to heavily scrutinize your answers, against a marking criteria, it's not that easy to get a band 6.

Last edited:

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Wooz said:
Band 6 is prob going to be around 82-83% raw as you are marked according to a marking criteria(one day of pilot marking is carried about before the chem marking begins, thus they setup the marking criteria set against the avg responses of each band mark) for harder questions 3-4 marks+ calculations require a certain amount of working, zero for no working and correct answer. Top chem marks is prob around 96% raw.

The markers in the hsc are going to heavily scrutinize your answers, against a marking criteria, it's not that easy to get a band 6.
So much for teachers saying "Markers are looking at trying to give you marks."

mikietom

HSC
Forbidden. said:
Yeah, I ended up getting 73,000 ppm of Chlorine ion concentration when in fact sea water has a concentration of about 35,000 ppm.

lol u got that high i got like 5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)