How did you find the EE1 HSC Paper? (1 Viewer)

cataleptic

HSC
I don't even care, I'm just glad its over. I'm never going to think about it again.

21.5 for Essay
19 for creative.

Yep, three booklets for each. My arm would strangle me if it had the energy.

TheHeretic

Genre (Crime Fiction)

The picture didn't suit me all that well, luckily I had a specific scene in my story where I managed to squeeze that in.

The essay was a little unusual: but I managed all the same. Fairly good exam: nothing too obscure, challenging or strange. :)

Sim0n

HSC
cataleptic said:
I don't even care, I'm just glad its over. I'm never going to think about it again.

21.5 for Essay
19 for creative.

Yep, three booklets for each. My arm would strangle me if it had the energy.
This isnt aimed exclusively at you, but more broadly to anyone writing in excess of two booklets for each but how many words are you writing per line? Because I write quickly for my year yet I couldnt fathom writing anywhere near that quantity. I think I did about 14 for the essay and 9.5 for the creative and as I said, that was fairly substantial in the greater scheme of things.

Exam was pretty good overall - pretty much as expected. Did well in the trials and feeling even better after this one so hopefully that bodes well. Time shall reveal all.

Peace

moffie_bottom

HSC
Sim0n said:
This isnt aimed exclusively at you, but more broadly to anyone writing in excess of two booklets for each but how many words are you writing per line? Because I write quickly for my year yet I couldnt fathom writing anywhere near that quantity. I think I did about 14 for the essay and 9.5 for the creative and as I said, that was fairly substantial in the greater scheme of things.

Exam was pretty good overall - pretty much as expected. Did well in the trials and feeling even better after this one so hopefully that bodes well. Time shall reveal all.

Peace
I did about the same amount, too.

I do postmodernism...the essay was pretty good, but the creative writing task threw me. Ending up writing a dodgy story about David Williamson hating postmodernism so much that he wrote Dead White Males :p

Hmm, I think I articulated a few different ways of thinking, although I have a sinking feeling that my story was, to be honest, quite crap.

Ah well. It's over, so long, may I never have to see my english teacher again.

nwatts

HSC
I got to write about Russians and gaybars. I'm happy.

Although, i thought the genre essay question was absolutely ridiculous. Such a stupid little "text" from which anything can be drawn, makes for an entirely crappy essay. 04/03 questions were far better, far more straitforward and offered such a better scope of discussion.

x_meow_x

HSC
not everyone who writes lots of booklets is trying to say they have a better response or anything.... i wrote 18 pages for each but will readily admit my hand writing gets very very big and its not all quality writing but i just keep writing if ive got time

rowan brand

did anyone else find the genre questions narrow and forcing you to write about only a few conventions?

I did revenge tragedy, and i felt so restricted by opnly reffering to the4 or 5 conventions in the "text" (pffttt) that we were given to adress.

lala2

Banned
HSC
I wrote 13 for the creative, and 9.5 pages for the essay. I do Individual and Society.

rusty_rouge

HSC
I do crime fiction, and i didn't restrict myself to the conventions in the text - it just said we had to refer to it, and evaluate to what extent it was refelctive of the values dieas and blah blah (something like that). So couldn't you just argue that to an extent it is (elaborate), yet it has a rather limited scope for the ever-changing system of genres??

Oh, and btw, It just struck me that I forgot my genre quote - eeeeeek!

Lol. Essay: 16 pgs, Story: 14

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
As Socrates once said (rephrased): The hour of departure has arrived, I to live and u to die, which is better?... English dying for sure!

[size=+4]NO MORE ENGLISH[/size]...

One day English will be made compulsory at Uni...!!! (impossible!...perhaps yes! perhaps no!)

the exam was ok, but then again its english, I normally dont have an opinion on how an english exam was, to me they're all the same, learn a bunch of quotes (or for some, essays) go into the exam, understand the question and just write all the info stored in ur head over the past year, of course making sure ur answering the question. Did any of u guys write something other than a story? Mine was kind of an integrated story and script! it did say imagintive piece, and im not all that good with stories so this approach was better for me!

predicted mark: 30/50 I'll be happy with anything above that!!! hahahaha!

I cant remember how many pages i wrote exactly... but for the essay it was something like 11-13 and the creative about 10 I think!..lol when i asked for an extra writing booklet, it turned out to be a 2 page booklet!...it worked well for me, thats' all i needed!

bah! it's only 1 unit, if I stuff up i have 2 units to bak me up... although the 2 units are from a crappy scaling subject!

Oh and sorry for writing 'No more english' in such big font

Good luck with the rest of ur exams!

bonniejjj

HSC
physician said:
Did any of u guys write something other than a story? Mine was kind of an integrated story and script! it did say imagintive piece, and im not all that good with stories so this approach was better for me
As I did Postmodernism, mine was an appeal to pastiche... which meant I had diary entries, incipits (short stories,) and a transcript.

Overall a good exam. I wish I could bask in the elation of having finished ext 1, but alas, I have to go study for Ancient tomorrow. Blah.

I wrote
imaginative= 12 pages
essay= 13 pages

I was just bursting with information for the essay... could have written so much more, but I chose to stop and think and make sure I meaningfully incorporated the provided text... oh and the time constraints.

I only wrote about 3.5 pages (approx, integrated) on one of my prescribed text, and about 5.5 on the other... is that bad? I hope not. I probably wrote about 4 pages on my related texts...

illmatic

NaS
HSC
the essay really stumped me at first, but then i understood it, and answered using a booklet + one page

the story i fucked up in, and i will lose MAJOR marks for this. im actually really depressed. needed a band 5, wont see that shit ever.

fuck the HSC (or moreso, my fuck ups)

bazman88

What A Load

jazzi_jess said:
I wrote 23pages for essay and 21 for creative, but I had a nose-bleed half way through the exam which was fun, and exciting.

i am sooooo glad that subject is over :) Only 1 exam left for me yay!!!!
WHat a crock of shit!! There is no physical way you can write 44 pages in 2hours (with a nosebleed), unless you do 2 words to a line, or miss every second line. The only logical way that i can think of is if your creative writing was an acrostic poem, and your essay missed lines between 4 line paragraphs. If putting this down has helped you boost your ego and has made you feel smart and hopefully reassures you about how you went - good for you.

But did it occur to you that you are supposed to be able to be SUCCINCT, and develop ideas, not just state a million facts or waffle on for ages. Jazzi_Jess... maybe you should also think about the markers... do you really think that your 3 booklet essay will sustain their interest?? But, there is no real way to predict an english essay outcome, it really just depends on the markers.

If you look at the high range sample answers, there is none above about 12/13 pages. ANd you are the only person i have ever heard that gets off on having a nose bleed in an exam.

As for me, it was exactly as anticipated.

Good luck, I hope you went well ??

danelle

Was that Crime fiction chick wearing a wedding dress or what???

I went into this waffle for my creative writting, there was no way that a c/f story would go like that and I am just so glad that it is over and I can burn all that genre crap... how the hell are we meant to write bout it if university proffessors are still arguing over it...

I think EE1 was a really sucky subject and I feel for the poor Year 11 (now 12)s that are doin it now...

tanyakim

HSC
jazzi_jess said:
I wrote 23pages for essay and 21 for creative, but I had a nose-bleed half way through the exam which was fun, and exciting.

i am sooooo glad that subject is over :) Only 1 exam left for me yay!!!!
well I wrote 53 pages for essay and 86 for creative TAKE THAT JAZZI JESS!!! and i ALSO got fractured fingers, a broken arm and a brain haemmorhage half way through the exam which was PAINFUL and EXCRUCIATING. but also fun and exciting.

YOU'RE ALL GOING TO FAIL AND I WILL WIN AND RULE THE WORLD HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.

shutup bazman88 you're just jealous you can't write as fast as jess... and now jess will be jealous that she can't write as fast as ME!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHHA

bazman88

tanyakim said:
well I wrote 53 pages for essay and 86 for creative TAKE THAT JAZZI JESS!!! and i ALSO got fractured fingers, a broken arm and a brain haemmorhage half way through the exam which was PAINFUL and EXCRUCIATING. but also fun and exciting.

YOU'RE ALL GOING TO FAIL AND I WILL WIN AND RULE THE WORLD HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.

shutup bazman88 you're just jealous you can't write as fast as jess... and now jess will be jealous that she can't write as fast as ME!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHHA

OMG I heard about you, you were on the radio on the way home. They called an ambulance because they thought your haemmorhage was serious but you didnt want to leave the exam so they took a supervisor with you in the ambulance to hospital, and the only thing that stopped you writing more was the stupid supervisor forgot to take booklets with her. That is such an inspirational story!! BTW i think its an unfair advantage that you were on morphine writing your creative writing!! This system is so screwed. And I L O V E EE1!!

tanyakim

HSC
bazman88 said:
OMG I heard about you, you were on the radio on the way home. They called an ambulance because they thought your haemmorhage was serious but you didnt want to leave the exam so they took a supervisor with you in the ambulance to hospital, and the only thing that stopped you writing more was the stupid supervisor forgot to take booklets with her. That is such an inspirational story!! BTW i think its an unfair advantage that you were on morphine writing your creative writing!! This system is so screwed. And I L O V E EE1!!
yes... sad but true. i should be in INTENSIVE CARE right now but i just HAD to come on bored of studies forums and tell everyone how well i went!!!!!!!!

and by the way, i love EE1 way more than you. in fact you HATE EE1 compared to how much i love it!!!! SO THERE!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE EE1!!!!!!!!!!!!! EE1 FORRRREEEEEEVEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bazman88

tanyakim said:
yes... sad but true. i should be in INTENSIVE CARE right now but i just HAD to come on bored of studies forums and tell everyone how well i went!!!!!!!!

and by the way, i love EE1 way more than you. in fact you HATE EE1 compared to how much i love it!!!! SO THERE!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE EE1!!!!!!!!!!!!! EE1 FORRRREEEEEEVEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard you missed going into intensive care 'cos it took you 2 hours to put your student number on EVERY PAGE!!... thats dedication right there..

jennylim

HSC
Jayphen said:
Haha, my creative was so woeful. I got into this writing style that I absolutely hated. I was so angry with what I was writing as I was writing it, but it was too late to change. My story was about sweet fuck all.
Haha i HATE the feeling of "This is shit, crap, awful, but there's no way in the world I have time to change it" while I'm writing. Felt that once more (last time, was, I believe, the powerplay essay...and just before, the journeys one...and then my modern history trial). My feeling is that the picture benefitted RFTG and PoMo students way more than I&S - that picture wasn't even 19th century!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway FUCK IT. English is done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)