How did you find the EE1 HSC Paper? (1 Viewer)

hysteria

HSC
all i can say it that i'm its all over - there's so many things i wish i would've put in my essay and creative writing piece, but now it's over and i can't do anything about it. The essay question was okay, not too bad...the creative writing stimulus was vexing.

bustinjustin

HSC
As too many females were topping the HSC and the intelligence scale tipped too much in their favour, all the intelligent women were rounded up, denied further education and locked away in separate zones from the 'upper class' scarlet hussies, while the female genuises were lobotomised by the new 'Democratic Republic'. The central character breaks the uniformity laws by wearing pink instead of the regulatory black robes, and ends up burning at the stake along with the rest of her class and the texts of Germaine Greer, Catherine Lumby and Lynne Pykett.

That was my story.

I did however write from the perspective of the central female character.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Im just glad they didnt specify three prescirbed texts. I liked the picture cos my preprepared idea worked with it and the essay question didnt involve me thinking that hard because i had actually studied it. And i wrote so much more than i expected so im happy. :)

courtnez

Now, what I want is Facts
HSC
I liked it, although the stimulus for the Texts and Ways of Thinking Creative wasn't that great considering I was doing Individual and Society. I could have said a lot more in the essay, but decided to say what I could in the time limit without compromising my ability to write sentences that actually made sense.

the new guy

HSC
gendereed language (shudder)

far out i was one of those blessed to have to do gendereed language in module C and our questions was SOO vague and obtuse. Also it didnt even relate to what we did in class. we did things to do with language and power and the exam askes us to talk about cultur and values! And the picture we got (sum schmoe holding a bit of paper) seriously did not fuel and sort of imaginative response whatsoever. lol glad to get all that off my chest. How did others do with module C?

scoby_2000

HSC
i thought the paper was excellent

nothing was out of the ordinary

has anyone noticed that all english stuff this HSC has been really conservative?

Nothing crazy like feature articles or anything

ive only written essays and "imaginative pieces" for everything except Mod B which was a "critical analysis"

so i would hate to be doing the HSc next year! id say there gonna throw some stuff in to stuff people up

i was SOOOO glad we only had to write an "imaginative piece" :D

SlipStream

HSC
Regardless of how 'easy' it was, I still think I'll only get about 60%...

Thankgod EE1 scales well.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
how much do you reckon about 35/50 (i.e. 70%) will scale upto this year? im hoping to get a raw mark of around 70 based on how i felt about how i ansewered the paper.

jazzi_jess

20 days to go!
HSC
bazman88 said:
But did it occur to you that you are supposed to be able to be SUCCINCT, and develop ideas, not just state a million facts or waffle on for ages. Jazzi_Jess... maybe you should also think about the markers... do you really think that your 3 booklet essay will sustain their interest??
That's a bit mean. my writing is quite normal sized, i just had ideas prepared, which were not waffling, i could use the essay I had prepared, adding things as i thought of them, and i can write quite quickly i spose when i've got stuff prepared. even though 3 booklets may seem a bit to write (i'm not the only one that did, i've seen others), i'm sure the markers will be ok. it's really not a long piece of writing as such.

anyway, it's all good that it's over so, never mind anyway. :)

jazzi_jess

20 days to go!
HSC
tanyakim said:
shutup bazman88 you're just jealous you can't write as fast as jess... and now jess will be jealous that she can't write as fast as ME!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHHA
that's so funny :) *grins*. you're absolutely right, i'm very jealous :) and also very inspired, what an awful experience, you'll be telling that one to the grandkid's for centuries :p Good luck with the rest of your exams if you're gonna live long enough to finish them :)

Revolution

HSC
rnitya_25 said:
how much do you reckon about 35/50 (i.e. 70%) will scale upto this year? im hoping to get a raw mark of around 70 based on how i felt about how i ansewered the paper.
I imagine 35/70 would scale to something like 43/50 or 44/50, but don't quote me on that...

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
alright, I just started worrying about a small insignificant thing. For the creative question we had to indicate which elective we did. I just wrote 'Postmodernism' at the top of the first page of my writing booklet... in hindsight, I probably should have wrote it in one of the question boxes on the front of the exam booklets. What did you people do?

C

Crazy Pomo

Fuck Me Dead

fleepbasding said:
alright, I just started worrying about a small insignificant thing. For the creative question we had to indicate which elective we did. I just wrote 'Postmodernism' at the top of the first page of my writing booklet... in hindsight, I probably should have wrote it in one of the question boxes on the front of the exam booklets. What did you people do?
Yeah I owned that exam and wrote shitloads. Even though I felt I was a bit general in parts, though in the PoMo essay I started writing some hectic shit about postmodern darwinists and the Fowles' subversion of the anthropocentrism of Victorian Darwinism and Charles transition to 'existentialism', what a fucking anachronistic peice of fuck!

Fuck Phleep dude I did likewise. Though the first line of my composition was

[INSERT EPIGRAPH HERE] So maybe they'll get the gist.

Also, I cant believe I used the word sapphic in my comp. Did anyone else dare utter the word sapphic or it's close relatives. I swear I made a mistake of postmodern proportions.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Crazy Pomo said:
Yeah I owned that exam and wrote shitloads. Even though I felt I was a bit general in parts, though in the PoMo essay I started writing some hectic shit about postmodern darwinists and the Fowles' subversion of the anthropocentrism of Victorian Darwinism and Charles transition to 'existentialism', what a fucking anachronistic peice of fuck!

Fuck Phleep dude I did likewise. Though the first line of my composition was

[INSERT EPIGRAPH HERE] So maybe they'll get the gist.

Also, I cant believe I used the word sapphic in my comp. Did anyone else dare utter the word sapphic or it's close relatives. I swear I made a mistake of postmodern proportions.
So I'm guessing you do pomo too? How were the other students in your exam room? Anyone keep writing after the time-limit? Did anyone say how they went in the exam?

EDIT- yeah, some random from the desk behind me told me what to write on the front-cover after the exam... I was in a bit of a rush. I hope that dude was right that I didn't have to put "pomo" on the frontcover, or else I'll kill his ass!

Last edited:
C

Crazy Pomo

Cheats and Liars. Why? Why? Why? Blackmail! (FLW)

fleepbasding said:
So I'm guessing you do pomo too? How were the other students in your exam room? Anyone keep writing after the time-limit? Did anyone say how they went in the exam?
Funny you should say that Fleep. Yes I do postmodernism. The mood was, a fantasitical medium between tense, rehearsed and laxadasical. Time limit? Hah! I laugh at the word. Well, that is, I would if I exhibited the disgusting behaviour that a certain mythical beast in my exam room did. Medusa (as she shall be known) was sighted by more than one person in that room today, performing illegal time warping of exam conditions. Cheater. Liar. Turn Coat. A certain, shall we say 'Mailor Sun' saw the dirty deeds, and said that she repeatedly checked if the metaphorical coast was clear! Scoundrel of the highest order. Yet still maintaining a degree of filthy pathetique`.

- "She was a mythical creature of horrific vision, quite pseudo sapphic... but not... different."

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
Today was the most bizarre exam for me.
Sick with fever.
Half way through exam, almosty like some curse, i was writing 'postmodernism,' and as soon as i started scrwlig out 'm,' the person behind me neezed really loudly and made me jump, causing an innoncent m to exist on half a page. NOt to mention i got a death glare when i said 'shit' rather loudly in suprise - the glare was soon removed to those around me who strated giggling - the mood in my room was so - light and relaxed - confident almost.
In my story, I made the author hate his life for writing all the texts we had to study in imaginative journeys - wishing he had done somethign better with his time *connects to two pocket watches* and is disappointed for leaving his wife Ordella (bottom right hand corner of pic - look closely - its a pic of a woman)

I am so happy I never have to touch english as a subject again!

GemLeM

Rhubarb
HSC
Visual Stimulus

knobblett said:
I thought the chick in the photo was a bride, and the overturned burning wreck was a seaplane :p ... i guess that makes my story "original" but not like 90% of the state lol!
Okay - so does everyone think it was a seaplane?
I know my friend thought it was a car, and in my story I wrote it as a house, but I did take a good look after and I got the impression it was a plane.

And where do you think the girl was? Was it a beach or some industrialized waste land? =S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)