How did you UMAT-ers find it today? (1 Viewer)

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Crap ... that was really hard.
Especially section 2 ! Long passages ><"

bmwz4

HSC
omg! section 1 was hard!! LOL did u guess any? section 2 was pretty alrite except the long question near the ending...hmm and there were some tricky ones in section 3...did u finish evrything? i did lol

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
haha yeah i finished , but holy , section 1 WAS hard !!
section 2 .. ack , wth was so much harder than usual !

mat2154

HSC
i found it pretty challenging, esp section 1 and pick the middle in section 3. if anyone says it was really easy they probably failed or lied cause it was definetly harder than any practise paper i've done. i go to a selective school and everyone who sat the exam came out saying wtf and why was it so hard. i reckon that a raw of 80/110 will probably be around 250+

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
I find myself the COMPLETE opposite to most people x.x

See, I found section 1 to be the best, and section 3 the worst. Or maybe I'm just weird. Or bad with those "middle picture" things.

Honestly, I did not get the two black and grey squiggly lines question...how the heck was I supposed to see they are parts of a graph?? >.<'''

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
mat2154 said:
i found it pretty challenging, esp section 1 and pick the middle in section 3. if anyone says it was really easy they probably failed or lied cause it was definetly harder than any practise paper i've done. i go to a selective school and everyone who sat the exam came out saying wtf and why was it so hard. i reckon that a raw of 80/110 will probably be around 250+
I know hey !!
any practice papers i`ve done were so much easier.
wth did they do this year.
hopefully like you said , that raw mark will have a heaps high percentile :D

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
airie said:
Honestly, I did not get the two black and grey squiggly lines question...how the heck was I supposed to see they are parts of a graph?? >.<'''
i dint realise til later on .. and still i had trouble working out where it started and ended ><

bmwz4

HSC
mat2154 said:
i sure hope ur right! i got 70s/110 in my practise yesterday still not good but if evry1 found it hard then SCALE me!

ssglain

HSC
One of the questions in Section 1 was exactly the same as Q13 from Volume 2 of ACER's UMAT Practice Questions. I was very surprised to see that. I didn't think ACER would ever reuse past questions. :eek:

rsbrsbrsbrsb

HSC
I found section 2 harder than practice ones. What did people put for the question where the son was told by the doctor "you know she's not going to make it"

Surf's zUp!!

Non member
HSC
ssglain said:
One of the questions in Section 1 was exactly the same as Q13 from Volume 2 of ACER's UMAT Practice Questions. I was very surprised to see that. I didn't think ACER would ever reuse past questions. :eek:
LOL! Me either!!
At least we all know we got it right then;)

ssglain

HSC
rsbrsbrsbrsb said:
I found section 2 harder than practice ones. What did people put for the question where the son was told by the doctor "you know she's not going to make it"
The only part I can remember is the question about how he would react after entering the room with that knowledge. I chose the one about him pretending that nothing has changed, but on second thought I think he would have pretended to be more positive.

2 is usually my good section but I think I did much worse than average. (& my 'average' is out of the two ACER prac booklets containing the easiest Qs ever - Grr.) My timing was completely off so by the end I had to rush 8 Qs in 5 minutes.

On another (much more trivial) matter - did anyone else notice the signs at the very front of the exam room that showed section number & start/finish time, etc.? There was also a one next to the section number with a shape that the supervisors changed after every section - 1 was a diamond and 3 was a star (I only noticed this after we finished so I didn't see what it was for 2). Does anyone know the purpose of those shapes?

Season

HSC
airie said:
I find myself the COMPLETE opposite to most people x.x

See, I found section 1 to be the best, and section 3 the worst. Or maybe I'm just weird. Or bad with those "middle picture" things.

omg YOU ARE ME... why didn't you say something.

No I thought section one was pretty easy compared with medentry, section two was what I'd expected and section three was HARD.

I swear at least 8 questions were the same from medentry or ACER, one that sticks out to me was the fox/dingo/owl question, we'd actually gone over that one in detail... LOL

Anonymous1

HSC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbrsbrsbrsb

=======
The only part I can remember is the question about how he would react after entering the room with that knowledge. I chose the one about him pretending that nothing has changed, but on second thought I think he would have pretended to be more positive.

---------------------

I chose the option where he breaks her the news calmy I think, or something along those lines. I was under that impression after reading the last two lines or so, which suggested that he would tell her. =S But I can't really remember what it said.. :p

I think I done fairly well in Section 1 even though I didn't get to the last two questions, and guessed them. Section 3 killed me, the whole choosing the middle option. Arggh...

How did everyone interpret the adopted sisters by aunties text?

xxJTxx

HSC
ssglain said:
On another (much more trivial) matter - did anyone else notice the signs at the very front of the exam room that showed section number & start/finish time, etc.? There was also a one next to the section number with a shape that the supervisors changed after every section - 1 was a diamond and 3 was a star (I only noticed this after we finished so I didn't see what it was for 2). Does anyone know the purpose of those shapes?
heya...from what i can gather, the shapes corresspond with the shape in the top corner of each page in the test booklet. there are three unique shapes (as u'll see in the practice booklet)...i believe they had the nice big one up there so the supervisors could see what shape to look for as they walked by (to ensure you were working on the right section).

Season

HSC
Hey and also did you have an MC who cracked jokes? We did, and I could have kissed him for it

*this was like 5 minutes before it was supposed to start*

"one of the phone's went off behind the centre, this is a warning, we have a special protocol for phones that ring, we put them in a bucket of water until they stop ringing.... *long pause*... that's a joke people"

I thought he was serious and by the appalled/horrified looks of all the kdis who had forgotten to put their phones on silent in their bags, they believed him too.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Section 1 was much easier than what I had expected from my Icarus practice tests...MUCH easier...but that still doesn't mean I went good in it because it still was quite difficult (especially that percentage one with the surface water between 3000-6000km etc) lol I had to guess the last 5 questions...I put all of them as C...

Section 2 was WAY longer than any practice tests I've done, so I mis-timed the whole thing and had to guess the last 5 questions also...again all as C...

Section 3 was quite straight forward and least complex IMO.

Also, do you guys know if you will get penalised in some way (deductions some how?) if you do working out on the actual question booklet outside the margins?...I compeltely forgot about that, I wasn't suppose to do that in the real thing....

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Anonymous1 said:
Quote:

=======
I can't remember the exact answer but i think he agreed with the doctor and "felt some what relieved"(ANS B, i think) as it stated that he 'knew that he woudlt make it either/cope' or something. I know the 2nd closest correct answer went along the lines that he would react/feel more positive towards his mother and i think D was that he would tell the doctors news or something to his mother.

yoakim said:
Also, do you guys know if you will get penalised in some way (deductions some how?) if you do working out on the actual question booklet outside the margins?...I compeltely forgot about that, I wasn't suppose to do that in the real thing....
Nope, your allowed to scribble all over the test booklet now days.

ssglain said:
I recognised 4 questions from ACER practice booklets, they commonly reuse past questions but they are mixed up, they also do this to collect statistical data, etc.

Anyway yeah i felt a bit down after the test, them i bumped into a doctor in bookshop an hour later and had a long convo, it sorta cheered me up. Remember, this test is not the end of the world or your med hopes, remember most people get in post-grad and if ur really dedicated towards studying medicine try UMAT again next year, most of people sitting around me were older students and had silver licences, it's a fact that most med hopefulls dont get into undergrad courses.

Last edited:

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
Section 1: Ran outta time..guessed like 10 ><

Section 2: Had to quickly RUN to the toilet, which was on the opposite side of the center. and lost 4 minutes...questions were ambiguous and i didnt finish

Section 3: HARD but imo i did my best in this section, cause i actually finished!

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Anonymous1 said:
Quote:

=======

---------------------

I chose the option where he breaks her the news calmy I think, or something along those lines. I was under that impression after reading the last two lines or so, which suggested that he would tell her. =S But I can't really remember what it said.. :p

I think I done fairly well in Section 1 even though I didn't get to the last two questions, and guessed them. Section 3 killed me, the whole choosing the middle option. Arggh...

How did everyone interpret the adopted sisters by aunties text?
They were adopted?!?!? Ahhh I blanked out in that one haha...mmm aunt noel took care of isabella (or whatever her name is lol) and margarest with yvonne, that's right...Yeah I think I interpreted it alright...Did u guys say that Isobella was compliant and unconvinced for the last one??? I was tempted to choose the 'superfically __________ (can't remember the word), and that Aunt Noel was more 'personally upset than isobella (answer b)' though i think it could have been A.

For the "you know she's not going to make it" I said that once he walked into the room again he pretended everything was OK, because that would be most considerate (eventhough he will suffer guilt) as she was so proud in her own successes and struggles to reach where she is now. Calmly telling her would be appropriate but it will probably shatter her hopes, just as the doctor shatterd his hopes in her...I don't think he wanted his mother to feel that way especially at the last moments in her life. <--- but that's just my decision.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)