• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How did your Half-Yearly Exams go (Post-exams feelings) (1 Viewer)

HSC
Yayyyy all exams are over, has my final eng speech today and it went quite well hopefully so im just happy can relax and go out now, woooo!!!

saouma

HSC
yay ONE more exam to go...
ay bout the stressing part, people, sif u guys dont find that stress motivates you to study..i had ext english today and on saturday i was like..pfft (you know what i mean)... and then i looked at some past q's and i pissed myself (figuratively speaking of course) so i stopped procrastinating lol but i found time to watch everybody hates chris..funny stuff
plz msg me if u agree or wish to share any similar (boring- yet somewhat enlightening) tales :)

pinkkprincesss

HSC
English- fantastic i have a gun essay
maths- omg that was hard
religion - my fav subject was pretty ok easy questions i thought

P

pLuvia

Finished today as well

Japanese Ext speaking - did not so well: 3-4/5
Japanese Ext listening - did alright: 80-85%
Japanese Ext writing/reading - pretty good, except for one of the writing parts: 80-82%
Japanese Cont speaking - Did pretty well, stuttered a bit though: 18-19/20
Japanese Cont listening - did not so well: 70-75%
Japanese Cont writing/reading - Pretty good: 85-90%
Maths 2u - Too easy, maybe a 100%?
Maths 3u - Did good compared to everyone else: 76-84%
Maths 4u - Did good compared to everyone else: 80-85%
English adv - Good with what I did, fairly good test: 75-80%
Chemistry - Did bad :(: 70-75%

So overall, not so well, except for maths :p

Last edited by a moderator:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
had maths today, last one :D !!! despite my hatred for the subject i will concede it was a pretty easy test, i'm predicting at least high 80's to 90's. although if it wasnt for the formula sheet i dont know if i would have done this well, lol.

~Han~

HSC
I did my exams last week, 2 weeks after our major assessments were handed in for english, pe and ancient! argh!! busy busy time. especially with all exams crammed into the one week. ok my grisel is out of the way..
English- stuffed up exam but shud be OK, got 100% for assessment task a fortnight ago :D
Maths- 80% VERY HAPPY as it was straight after my PE exam so i thought i wud get -50!=2nd (hehe beat all the extention kids too:p)
Physics- havent got back yet
Ancient- 82. not happy but indicates i need to be putting a lot more work in there=1st
PE- 95% (57/60) thrilled :D =1st

overall im not that impressed with my results but its good to know what i need to be investing more time into etc, a good learning curve!!

Last edited:

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
~Han~ said:
I did my exams last week, 2 weeks after our major assessments were handed in for english, pe and ancient! argh!! busy busy time. especially with all exams crammed into the one week. ok my grisel is out of the way..
English- stuffed up exam but shud be OK, got 100% for assessment task a fortnight ago :D
Maths- 80% VERY HAPPY as it was straight after my PE exam so i thought i wud get -50!=2nd (hehe beat all the extention kids too:p)
Physics- havent got back yet
Ancient- 82. not happy but indicates i need to be putting a lot more work in there=1st
PE- 95% (57/60) thrilled :D =1st

overall im not that impressed with my results but its good to know what i need to be investing more time into etc, a good learning curve!!
Top attitude Han, hope you get where you want to go.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
Umm I did ma modern history today, overall I think it went pretty good. I had great notes but I didn't utilise them very well lol but regardless I went okay I think.

Monstar

HSC
i think i failed 3 unit maths... = (

everyone else who i know think they failed as well..

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Monstar said:
i think i failed 3 unit maths... = (

everyone else who i know think they failed as well..
ditto at my school. haha

i don't think i failed ... well i hope i didn't fail.

bboyelement

HSC
i got my results for half of my exams today ...

1st in physics out of 12
1st in 4 unit maths out of 5
2nd in 3 unit maths out of 16

chemistry i did really well but teacher is too lazy so havent got it back yet ... hoping to get 1st or 2nd

english advanced ... hoping to get in the top 10 but yeh i did well than i normally do, our exam was basically paper 1 .. my essays were good but screwed up comprehension

software ... well i always get top just hope i get top this time...

overall im happy with half yearlies ... i wanted to go well this time to prove my chemistry teacher wrong because i didnt do homework twice and he said i dont have the potential to do well in year 12 ...

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
English Advanced AOS essay exam today!

The question was similar to the exam question we had last night so I was able to memorise my last essay and add in extra information linking it all back to the question. I think i do alright I was able to remember all my texts and techniques :).

Two more 1/2 exams to go Term 2 Week 1 General Maths and Term 2 Week 2 SDD.

And nobody wished me luck but it seems I didn't need it or did I.......

H

housemouse

My results are as follows: (all in percentages rounded up to nearest percentage)

MAT: 93% rank: no idea (easy, made silly mistakes)
MATX: 80%, Rank: 6th (long and bits of it hard, wasted too many time showing irrelevent working)
MATXX: 80%, Rank: 2nd (it was hard but I should have known how to do them especally complex numbers)
BIO: 80%, Rank: 5th (Easy exam but lost marks due to carelessness and forgetting sometihng like the repetition step in a method)

Havent got back chem or phy. Hope to break the eighty barrier in my next assessments. I reckon my marks stink but at least my rankings are a bit high.

Filadelphia

HSC
i dont have my results yet. the exams started last monday and finished yesterday. i think i went pretty good. i had advanced english, general maths, hospitality and textiles. i dropped exploring and i do tafe too and there is no exam for that. but hospo was the easiest, it was a relief cuz we were stressing so much at the fact we had to know all of year 11 as well as what we have done in year 12 so far.

the best thing about exams is that you only go to school if you have an exam! loved that. so i had 4 days off!

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
wow .. some people had their exams quite late.

wouldn't it annoy you if you don't know your results by the hols though?

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
bobness said:
wow .. some people had their exams quite late.

wouldn't it annoy you if you don't know your results by the hols though?
my last exam is tomorrow (last day of term) and yes it is annoying that i can't find out any results until after the holidays...and i would bet some wont even be marked by then

Filadelphia

HSC
well bobness.....its a little annoying. im over it anyway...when did you have your exams?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
My last half yearly will be in week 2 Term to so yes very late ;).

As for results once the exam is over I try not to think about it again until I get the marks back after all whats done is done.

P

pLuvia

Silly how only one is after the holidays, might as well just slot it into this term

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)