• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How did your Half-Yearly Exams go (Post-exams feelings) (1 Viewer)

Filadelphia

HSC
Kid.@dmin said:
As for results once the exam is over I try not to think about it again until I get the marks back after all whats done is done.
im exactly the same thats why not having my results yet doesnt really worry me

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
bobness said:
wow .. some people had their exams quite late.

wouldn't it annoy you if you don't know your results by the hols though?
not really... i want to know how i did but im okay with waiting. plus i know that history and english will take forever to get back so im not holding my breath.

katy-g

HSC
Our exams ran for the last 3 weeks of term....

And im glad i dont get my results back til after... That way im not in a shitty mood all holidays :p

G

genavania

yeah i got my maths result back 49% and that kinda messed up my post exam activities well at least for 5 mins. Also if you dont know then your parents cant ask and you dont have to lie

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
I'm free!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Religion today... I thought it was easy. Also I was talking to my Maths teacher and he said I was around top of the class in Maths Extension (he's not done but he does it question by question) and that most of the class has stuffed up. So thats a relief lol.

xx__savannah

HSC
Out of all my exams, I'm only confident with IPT, and Maths to an extent. Chem was shit -- nothing like the HSC, the yr11s in the class aren't going to know what's hitting them for the HSC. Absolutely hated the exam, and so did everyone I talked to about it.

Finished exams and school yesterday with a 0% Module Essay on Hamlet/R&G, I don't think many people cared about it. I know some of my good friends didn't because of the weighting, and it was right before a funeral we attended -- kinda turns you off existentialism...

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Pretty well.

I had Advanced English - Had to compose an interview for AOS (Skyznecki - Physical Journeys)

Visual Arts - Mammoth like essay and unseen artworks questions. Le Sigh.

Ancient History - Unseen source questions, Source questions based on the core study (Pomp and Herc) and the socitety study topic (Minoans)

Extension English 1 - Compose a setting for a hard boiled CF short story based in LA during the 1940s.

After every exam I took my little broken fingers and hands over to maccas and filled up on their deli choices menu as Subway wasn't close enough. Oh god bless large chips too.

passion89

HSC
katy-g said:
Our exams ran for the last 3 weeks of term....

And im glad i dont get my results back til after... That way im not in a shitty mood all holidays :p
Mmm very good point...I'm happy I'm getting my results after coz then no 'what did you get? OH NO!!! YOU BEAT ME YOU BITCH!' - That tends to happen at my school...

Filadelphia

HSC
boxxhead i know what you mean..when will we need english? shakespear, when will i use it? we are watching blade runner now for english and reading brave new world.

P

pLuvia

There are a lot of things that we don't need from school, but what can you do about it?

Filadelphia

HSC
webby234 said:
Yeah, hated journeys, but I'm actually interested in what we're doing now - BR/BNW it's actually more philosophy than English - all about what is a human and that sort of thing.
A bit off topic, but oh well - the halfyearlies are over, don't have to think about them until next term.
journeys was ok, shakespear was worse..im not all interested in sci fi, but blade runner was ok....my parents still ask me if we do grammer and things like that...i havent done that type of stuff since like year 8!
i feel the same way about the half yearlys

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Filadelphia said:
journeys was ok, shakespear was worse..im not all interested in sci fi, but blade runner was ok....my parents still ask me if we do grammer and things like that...i havent done that type of stuff since like year 8!
i feel the same way about the half yearlys
Yeah, english is all about techniques now and how they convey meaning.

mshiraev

BD pride
HSC
Marks for half Yearlies:

Physics - 1st (93%)
Chem - equal 1st (91.5%)
Eng - equal second (13/15)
Maths - 3rd (95%)
Ext Math - 3rd/4th (89%)
Drama - 1st so far (95-100%)

Not too bad, but a bit lacking in english and the maths. Its just easier to study for the sciences. But much respect to all the renaisance'ers out there keeping the arts and sciences alive together, go Drama!

gracerawl88

HSC
Hey,
sat my half yearly exams 2 weeks ago...
went pretty crap, but the teachers assure us were on track..
eng paper one.. who else thinks journeys are stupid? better than Asia i spose..
eng paper 2.. speeches.. loved it , was good, juz wished we'd done a 5th one by then to help beef up the arguments.. but trials we'll have at least 8.
mod hist.. WW1 sources went well.. however bombed out on the 2 vietnam essays worth 30 marks each *whoops*
anc hist.. good old alexander and sparta.. love sparta..
biology.. we all bombed out.. over the prelim n start of yr 12 had a slack teacehr n didnt have notes or nething.. new teacher start of this year and that hasnt rly helped.. sed our exams were "constantly bullshitting" nice ay..
general maths.. maths aint my strong point.. juz use pythag wen all goes wrong. :D

anywho... the point of half yearlys is to show ur flaws and fix them, and also show your qualities and reward them.

p. s ... first post... how did i go???

ane_st

HSC
I just finished my 1.2 yearlies, it feels like a weight off my shoulders, until i realised we had the HSC in like 189 days, and trials even closer... but dont care right now... I had 3 exams in one week and 3 in the other... spread out like that drags em out to much... My hand was dead after 1 1/2 hrs of english, i write like 15 pages.. same with CAFS... i think i did generally ok, and i had my english speech on the first monday, and i was so glad to get that done first....

Bookie

Banned
HSC
webby234 said:
Yeah, hated journeys, but I'm actually interested in what we're doing now - BR/BNW it's actually more philosophy than English - all about what is a human and that sort of thing.

I considered doing the philosophy distinction course, but I'm glad I did cosmology - probably my favourite subject, although I hae an exam second day back next term. Anyway, if I did philosophy, people like Bookie would hate me. There's huge conflict between the philosophers and cosmologists. The comparitive literature people don't really count - there's only about ten of them anyway.

A bit off topic, but oh well - the halfyearlies are over, don't have to think about them until next term.
damn straight. im keeping my eyes on you webster.

gracerawl88 said:
p. s ... first post... how did i go???
gerrard way is hot. mcr suck though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)