• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How did your maths 1/2 yearly go? (1 Viewer)

*mel*

Pace_T said:
well said. I'm beginning to agree with you on the point about being insenstive
i wish you could see my classes' atmosphere. In a way, no one is competitive and they are all helpful, but if u take a second look you'll see that they are fighting for the top hehe. So I've never actually seen 'bitching' or anything like that in the class room about marks. its totally new to me :eek:

my group of friends are very diverse in intelligence also. in our group there's 1 that gets extremely high marks all the time, and others who get the reciprocol of this person's mark, but they always try to help each other out when it comes to learning.

Thanks,
Pace T.

awwww i wanna go to your school!! and i wanna be in your group of friends!!! it all sounds so umm... harmonious!
sorry if i sounded like a bitch before - i love debates... if that even was a debate. :)

Pace_T

HSC
haha i hope it was one ;)
ill be sure to pick an argument when i get a chance
you do too!! lol!!

harmonious? ahh i don't think so
outside of learning we are trying to light eachother in fire, get eachother expelled and stab each other. whenever we can't do anything like that we constantly tease each other
so i don't htink you'd want to be in our group lol!!!!
:D:D

thanks,
Pace T.

*mel*

Pace_T said:
haha i hope it was one ;)
ill be sure to pick an argument when i get a chance
you do too!! lol!!

harmonious? ahh i don't think so
outside of learning we are trying to light eachother in fire, get eachother expelled and stab each other. whenever we can't do anything like that we constantly tease each other
so i don't htink you'd want to be in our group lol!!!!
:D:D

thanks,
Pace T.
hell yeah i'll pick an argument when the time arises! arguments are heaps fun.

lol your friends sound... interesting. the teasing i can relate to - half the time we're calling eachother dicks and laughing at eachother for stupid things that are said.. but fire and stabbing?? hmmmm... :)

Pace_T

HSC
blame that on chemistry
the sharp hard things and the flammable liquids and our fidgety hands don't go well when the teacher's not in the room haha

Shael

HSC
I got 83%. Which was 3rd in Mathematics and 5th if the 3unit class is included.

MaryJ_

HSC
I got 53%, such a bummer for me. I haven't dropped by such a large percentage since year 10.
As for people having no tact when they complain about their marks, I just think it leads to a really awful learning environment. It would be so great to go to a school where everybody makes an effort to say things nicely, without putting others down. I love the class I'm in now. The girl next to me is such a sweetie. She gets her 90% + everytime without fail and rather than asking 'what's your mark?' she just says 'did you improve?' And when I ask if she's happy with her mark, she says, 'it's okay.. but I could do better,' Just the way you say things makes a huuuge difference.
I can tell you how crap I felt when I was in the top maths class a few years ago (hard to belive I know). Just by people saying things like ' I got 90% thats crap!' when others had gotten 60% was really awful. Everybody has the right to work to their own standards and have different expectations, but putting others down, even if it is unintentional, is just unacceptable.

bEAbEA

HSC
not so good - 69%. I was really cut cause I wanted 70% at the minimum!!!! I thought i did well on the day, but obviously not.
I can do the questions in the textbook, but can't in the test - its really annoying

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
high achievers do put people who did badly down
thats the thing
High acheivers don't exist at your school. Last year the entire 4u class failed their trial.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
i dont do 4 unit
this is MATHEMATICS
i dont know y u even posted in this thread

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
4u is still mathematics, douche.
And what was their highest 2u mark? If it's <98 my point stands.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
i dont know and i dont really care
ur point probably stands
my point is that 4u dont do the 2u exam
so i dont care

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Actually, MX2 students can do the mathematics tests if they so wish. Several 4Uers at my school does this.

bEAbEA

HSC
Except the 4U test is on at the same time as the 2U isn't it? I didn't think that they could take the 2U test - only trials and school stuff.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Oh. not in the HSC of course.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
at my school, its a must for them to do the 2u test. its in case any og them drop down to 3u. hopefully they dont all drop, or if dropiing, only 2 or 3. because i want their ranks to be taken off the 2u ranks. i came 27/63, if the 4u kids get taken off, i will be around 12..or top 10

Trev

stix
HSC
bEAbEA said:
Except the 4U test is on at the same time as the 2U isn't it? I didn't think that they could take the 2U test - only trials and school stuff.
Correct, the 2U mathematics HSC exam will be sat the same time as the extension 2 exam.

Trev

stix
HSC
Found out today I got 45.5/48; 3rd or 4th / 60 or so students. Alright considering I did no study for it since it isn't counting (4u), we just had to do the exam anyway.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
My halfies were reasonable.. 80%
I came 5th out of everyone (ie. all 2U and 3U classes)
quite happy :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)