How distracting is MSN for you? (1 Viewer)

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
It was a huge distraction for me too lol. Although the com is in the study (right outside parents room) i would sit here "typing assignments" til rather late. Well, i did type assignments...at least i started to =p Used to find that i talked easier with a lot of people on msn, had many D&Ms on there, as well as just really good convos.

Now though, i hardly go on and i dont think many of my good friends do either, so it doesnt matter so much.

jackal8

HSC
its the one external factor that is going to bring down my hsc mark

im addicted, and i hate it, a drug it is.

Sam.

bored.
HSC
I used to be addicted to it, but I'll only ever get on now if I need to ask someone a question or organise something. It's just the internet in general that distracts me, as well as TV.

HSC
yeahh msn i use to be a net junki 4 pm to 1 am now .. im rarely online . BUT bo.s.ss.. yeahh quite distracting too but good in a way i guess.. but somethines u read thouthg all the things and u lok at the time . opps// yeahh

Amy Lou

Academic
HSC
very much so if there is anyone on to talk to.
But then all the other websites not related to study are also a good distraction.

Guernica

HSC
Block everyone on your list... and then you can select like, a few people to talk to whenever you're on. That way you're not really drowning in conversations, and you can still do other things.

That's what I do. It's better than not being on... I'm too addicted to not be on.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
this topic is comforting
glad to know that i am not the onli one wif this addiction

anyone going cold turkey wif me?

HSC
how di u go cold turkey? niobate?? haha .. but i dont smoke .. lolz

* checks list *

Wheres Mistturi..

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
i think if you're serious about your studies, then you'll make your own limit on the amount of time you spend on MSN/IM/BoS..
sure, it's only march.. you shouldnt be worrying too much right now.. but further down the track you may realise you simply dont have time for MSN or whatever anymore.. then again, you may realise no change in your pattern..
a few of my friends found it amazing that i still had time for MSN etc. right through the HSC, but i found that i was able to manage my time and limit myself well.. others may not be able to, or may not need to.

Xlias

HSC
I used to have it on as long as I am awake, xept skool time.
Now I just can't be bothered to chat on MSN...

cooki

HSC
!!! I deleted it about a week ago, now I procrastinate by being a forum troll... :)

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
Thanks to MSN I am still here after 2AM, not sleeping yet. Lucky I don't have many contacts so I don't usually do this.:p

1cor13

HSC
I can say that it is nowhere near as distracting as it was last year for me. I've spent more time working this year then on msn though (which is good :p), but after being on it so much I dont really feel the need to be on it all the time

s2indie

HSC
it's on all the time. Oh cept when the computer's off.

it's not really distracting, only during assessments. sometimes. when people talk to u just to annoy you.
but its good when u need help. lucky we have assessments the same time so..
not a distraction

jeniii

HSC
omfg.. i have tried countless methods of ridding this addiction of mine T_T

during skool cert, i saved my contact list, emailed them to 2 close friends then deleted every single contact and added them all back rite after the test. i guess it worked =/ ... i had like constant cravings tho..

i envy my friend ... she actually deleted and blocked all her contacts >< i cood never do that.

but wen im in year 12 .. i swear i will literally do that.

atm .. my msn actually doesnt work coz of the firewalls my dad installed ==""" i got so desparate i went on e-messeseger *bangs head on wall*

Emly

E.T
HSC
right now im procrastinating about studying for my half yearlys next week.. so far ive been pretty good...

but tonight just isnt my night

so msn is assissting me in my procrastinating

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)