how do I fight sleep? (1 Viewer)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
u are such a :spam: - er santaslayer :p

to prevent THIS post from being a :spam:.....6 hrs is not enough sleep for most ppl to function PROPERLY...but i personally wouldnt want to lose too much sleep leading up to the hsc

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
why the 0.2 extra? :p and 8 hrs is just an average..sometimes more...sometimes less

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
u are such a :spam: - er santaslayer :p

to prevent THIS post from being a :spam:.....6 hrs is not enough sleep for most ppl to function PROPERLY...but i personally wouldnt want to lose too much sleep leading up to the hsc
that was not :spam: at all!...i just thought the previous post about consulting a cockaroach was funni! :p

Now...back on topic..*Ahem..
7-8 hours sleep is the most normal!
anywhere over or below will increase your chances of heartstroke or something......

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
When i did the hsc, i didn't really care about studying, all that i wanted to do was sleep cause i was so tired from school.

If u r tired coming home from school, then its fine to have a little nap, once u tell yourself to study u will feel energised, even try to go for a short walk after ur nap.

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
if u feel too tired, u should really take that nap =P don't fight it...
a little sleep does loads of good (a little! not a lot! cuz after heapsa sleep u will feel worse)... and if u feel really groggy once u wake up, try havin cold water...

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
Im not sure if someone else has said this already but mayber ur sleeping too much. I go thru phases where i either have not enough sleep 4-6 hrs and i can get by or i have 10-12 hours and im always tired. there is a certain number of hours you should be getting each night, 8 hours, its not good to under sleep because u wont function and its worse to over sleep because you will always feel tired... well i do anyway. so now i try and hit that 8 hour mark and i sleep from approx 10pm - 6am or something similar.. try regulating you sleeping patterns so you know what time u go to bed and wat time you wake up all the time and stick by it and consequently you will be able to regulate your study patterns too. good luck xoxo

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
oh ps. u can have speed sleeps .. there is an actual word for them.. where u have a certain amount of nap time i think its 5 mins - set ur alarm and do stuff afterwards... it refreshes you aparently.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
its true, theres been all these studies into the affects of not only under-sleeping, but over-sleeping too.
it appears in some categories that over-sleeping can be more damaging than under-sleeping

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
don't try to fight sleep...it'll eventually catch up with you, as I learnt the hard way...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
our motivational guy told us sleep is an advoidance tactic.
People who are just worried about all the work piling up etc, often sleep. Get less worried, get more confident, u'll prolly stop sleeping so much.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
I maintain that nutrition and exercise is the key factor to feeling tired.

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
yes, i went through that phase about half through this term! i would just drop dead by 6th period and would fall asleep upon walking in the door at home....but the thing is, i knew y this was happening....i was staying up too late every night and was having trouble getting up in the mornings.

ohe my god. That is so true............

everytime i goto bed late and then wakes at 7 when the clock goes off. im just say to myself. 5 more minutes... then it becomes 1 hour and then im late for school i again. I believe i hold the record for failing to turn up on time in school......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)