How do i lose weight without losing muscle? (1 Viewer)

jimmyjeck

HSC
N/A
I am in wrestling and ive noticed that when i am losing weight, it seems that im losing muscle too. I wear sweats to practice so i sweat a lot. Ive lost around 10lbs (i weigh around 120lbs now) since the season started and i cant lift as much weight as i used to.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
120 lbs? isn't that light? y would u wanna lose weight?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
lose fat you mean?

i read an article that mentioned that you don't need to completely halt your weights training when u wanna lose weight.
keep your workouts to minimise any muscle loss and to keep your muscles in good condition, but do cardio as well, and do the whole consume-less-calories-than-you-burn thing.

a bit of muscle loss will be expected though, considering the dietary requirements.

edit: and when i say lose weight i mean lose the small amount of fat that happens when you build muscle, which is what i'm assuming you're doing.

Last edited:

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
oh god this place is DEAD
FUARK

anyway, a high intensity circuit routine incorporating light/medium weights or even just body weight should do the trick

remember, high intensity

ultraman8

Banned
HSC
N/A
Actually high intensity would probably cause you to lose muscle unless you do it for a short period of time, this is coming from my biochemistry. Medium intensity for longer exercise routines so that your muscles can rely sufficiently on acetyl-COA via the fat burning pathway without the need for glucose consumption (increased glucose usage may lead to muscle loss).

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Just be awesome. It worked for me. Bulked up and trimmed down simultaneously. Fuck yea cunts.

boris

Banned
HSC
I am in wrestling and ive noticed that when i am losing weight, it seems that im losing muscle too. I wear sweats to practice so i sweat a lot. Ive lost around 10lbs (i weigh around 120lbs now) since the season started and i cant lift as much weight as i used to.
you are tiny little girl no need to lose weight

HSC
bulk up mate
get protein in ya
get carbs in ya
eat above maintenence
rest
wrestle
grow big

JimmyMack

Premium Member
HSC
It is possible to keep your muscle whle cutting (losing fat), just make sure you have an adequate amount of calories per day, not too many to gain weight and just enough to supply your body and muscle, also i recommend taking a BCAA product during intense training as it prevents the breakdown of muscle (catabolic) and if possible take protein shakes throughout you day. GL!

HSC
seriously though the kid weighs 53kg he doesnt need to lose any weight nor does he have any to lose

thats why he is losing muscle with the weight because he has no fat to lose

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)