How do I stop my laptop's screen from flickering? (1 Viewer)

Boxes

Banned
HSC
When my laptop is at a >90 degree angle, the screen begins to flicker to the point where it's unusable. But when you bend the screen to a <90 degree angle, it's fine.

I took it to a repair person a week ago, and the fucking prick told me that it was stuffed without even examining it properly (all he did was turn it on). And then the bastard offered me $150 for it, which made me think straight away that he was lying (because it wouldn't be worth replacing the screen + the $150 he offered) - it's a shit laptop).

Anyway, any ideas?

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
The contact or wires or whatever it is that connects the screen to the base might be faulty, and not give a proper connection when the screen is at a particular angle.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
The contact or wires or whatever it is that connects the screen to the base might be faulty, and not give a proper connection when the screen is at a particular angle.
exactly what i though. my laptop has taken some big falls in its time.

what do you recommend, friend?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Firstly, get a proper techy look at it. The guy sounds indian to me.

Secondly it might be the wires having a faulty connection, and if so it would be an easy fix.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
yeah def sounds like wires, you could always pull it apart and check it out, or take it to someone else, if you wanna take the diy route you can often find service manuals online

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
Laptops are hell to work with *grimace*. Everything is so miniaturised.

TheJuggernaut

HSC
u have to de-ionize the unobtanium particles in the display.

to do this you just sit in the bath with your laptop and a toaster.

if this doesn't work, put the laptop in its non-volatile mode by hitting it with a sledge hammer a few times.

good luck

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
When my laptop is at a >90 degree angle, the screen begins to flicker to the point where it's unusable. But when you bend the screen to a <90 degree angle, it's fine.

I took it to a repair person a week ago, and the fucking prick told me that it was stuffed without even examining it properly (all he did was turn it on). And then the bastard offered me $150 for it, which made me think straight away that he was lying (because it wouldn't be worth replacing the screen + the $150 he offered) - it's a shit laptop).

Anyway, any ideas?
honestly, screen issues, even with TV's and mobile phones, are always expensive $$$

Woteva636

HSC
either
1) get over it and just have the screen at an angle that it doesnt flicker
2) buy a new laptop
3) buy a dodgy old moniter and plug it in

as you may have realised, i'm always full of great (useless) ideas!:)

seriously though, you'd be just as good going to a decent computer shop and get a proper first hand opinion before you make up your mind.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
it just seems like loose wires, have any IT savvy freinds in RL?

Boxes

Banned
HSC
i have no friends :(:(:(

no but seriously, i'll take it to a technician.

thanks for the suggestions, friends.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
ask your uncle jamal to fix it. or he can take it to the technician for you perhaps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)