How do teachers think of you and your year? (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
How do teachers think of you and your year?

I can never be accurate on this since I am saying this in my perspective. I reckon my teachers are highly satisfied with my performances in all subjects. They all seem to like my attitudes.

However, on the other hand, my Chemistry teacher was quite embarrased with me because I did not achieve the standards he was expecting me to achieve in Chemistry exam. Teacher who dislikes my attitudes is my ex-maths teacher who forced me to teach the class whenever I pointed out mistakes that she made. I am aware of the fact that I was arrogant, rude (in some cases) and inconsiderate. However, from that time, she keeps picking on me.... even during exam periods for not having full exam number that is like 9 numbers in total. I actually did not have to know it all except 4 numbers but got in trouble during exam!!!

Oh well....

According to my year coordinator, teachers and headmaster, my year group is the best year group that my school had in history in terms of academic performance (e.g. School Certificate), team work, behaviour and many others. I am very proud of my year group and would like to contribute building this group even stronger, academically superior and more respectable.

bored of sc

HSC
Depends on the subject.

English - we are considered one of the best grades to ever go through the junior years.

Mathematics - meh

Science - I think we are a bit shit - cause in Chem we are constantly told off for talking in class and underestimating the amount of work required in the subject

as for the others I don't know

if the teachers have a bit of moral goodness I am sure they will forgive any bad behaviour, marks or underdone work :)

michael1990

HSC
Our year is to be seen as the most intellegent year to pass through in a number of years. Even though we have some real idiots.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Same. We have 10-20 really good students, and then it just trails away for the rest of the cohort. And at the end of it, we have some pretty stupid idiots.

michael1990

HSC
Kujah said:
Same. We have 10-20 really good students, and then it just trails away for the rest of the cohort. And at the end of it, we have some pretty stupid idiots.
Yeah, but they say that you have a number of bright students lol

When you really only have about 10-20.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
I've builded upon a good reputation upon my teachers, and I believe they know that I work hard, especially in class, with evidence of marks.

Our grade is smarter than the Year 12 grade that are currently undergoing the HSC, with evidence of a few year 12 friends :D.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
I'm telling you, the teachers absolutely HATE me. I wonder why. They put me on the list of "Problem Students" and sent my name to every teacher, so they can keep track of me. Because they have their eyes on me, they also notice that I have taken NO NOTES at all this year (and last year too), and I have done NO HOMEWORK. They expect me to fail, and blemish their reputation.

However, my math teachers seem to like me a lot because I got a came second in 3U math with 32/33, and my chemistry teacher seems to like me (he likes everybody with good marks) because my mark of 17.5/18 in chemistry was good. (according to the teacher, good is above the class average of 16.5/18 and grade average of 15.5/18)

I foolishly admited to the physics teacher that I did no work, so he seemed very concerned, although I'm sure he thinks I'm good at math, because he kept calling me a mathamatician.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
My grade is the wonder grade, bringing Caringbah's ranking back to top 20, 15 even and if we're really made out to be what we are, top 10.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I reckon my school's rank can probably climb down this year sinec I heard rumours that current yr 12 is under-performing in comparison to the yr 12 last year. Oh well, if that's the reality then, I should accept it as it is.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
I reckon my school's rank can probably climb down this year sinec I heard rumours that current yr 12 is under-performing in comparison to the yr 12 last year. Oh well, if that's the reality then, I should accept it as it is.
Manly has always been hovering around the 20's. But they say that each year is supposed to be smarter than the previous year, although i'm quite sure that i'm smarter than all of the year 10's will be when they're in year 11. My school expects to be constantly in the top 20's now, its ranked 20th right now, but it sure doesn't seem that good. it feels like all the band 6's are coming from VA or Design and technology, or engineering studies, or buisness studies and 4U math. Ironic how there are proberbly more top bands in 4U math than there are in 2U math.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
tommykins said:
My grade is the wonder grade, bringing Caringbah's ranking back to top 20, 15 even and if we're really made out to be what we are, top 10.
Woah, your grade must be awesome if it can break into the top 10. :uhhuh:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Our year did shithouse in our SC. We got hauled in front of the school principal and told about how 'disappointed' he was with our results. :D

X-terc

HSC
N/A
"like, you know they're at the bottom of the gene pool"

thats how dumb our grade is. I mean we have like like a good amount of students who are willing to study the rest is just wasting their parents' money. LOL. Our grade is known as the 'worst' grade with all the stuff the girls do to themselves and each other. LOL, I love it though, cos we ahve girls who are not scared to speak their minds and share their opinions freely about a teacher face to face. LOL:lol: :lol:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Continuum said:
Woah, your grade must be awesome if it can break into the top 10. :uhhuh:
It's our teachers that are talking it up. Based on trends of results from the previous 3-4 years, we've been at the top significantly. Not to mention our school in '02 achieved the 8th rank.

I don't know what they're basing this on, but our SC results (although by no means a direct comparison of HSC..) had us sitting at 50 students/160 achieving all band 6's.

But from personal experience, every subject has a few ranks that are simply untouchable, and those ranks can even span to top 30-40. And "smart" people aren't amongst those rankings. Of course we have our set of dropkicks though :rofl:

See how we go end of year though :)

emmawriteslove

HSC
corny as this sounds, i think its more important what you think of your performance and you set the benchmark for your achievements rather than getting caught up in the bullshit of competition... i mean, competition is good if it instills motivation to work harder, but to be honest, i dont really care what teachers think of me or my year and i dont really know either. I'm happy with what im achieving at the and if i get a crap mark it only motivates me to do better next time anyway.

bored of sc

HSC
emmawriteslove said:
corny as this sounds, i think its more important what you think of your performance and you set the benchmark for your achievements rather than getting caught up in the bullshit of competition... i mean, competition is good if it instills motivation to work harder, but to be honest, i dont really care what teachers think of me or my year and i dont really know either. I'm happy with what im achieving at the and if i get a crap mark it only motivates me to do better next time anyway.
:uhhuh:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
emmawriteslove said:
Word.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)