How do you cool your computer (1 Viewer)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
did you modify the airflow using cardboard? cause thats as far as iam willing to go

ive considered drilling a blowhole in the side, but i dont have the right drill bit for now.

HSC
ducts are a very bad idea, you need to let the fans do their job. you just cant really predict and control your computers air flow, i mean its really by chance and ducts could have an adverse affect

you can buy 80mm drill bits from bunnings (i'd know i work there) for about $10 you get a pack ranging from 10mm to 120mm that go through metal, use a corded drill and make sure too place masking tape around the template of your 80mm hole to stop the paint flaking and metal protuding outwards, drill slow if its aluminium you dont want too tear up the metal

you'll also need to drill 4 holes to hold up the fan, its very tricky and annoying but if you got alot of time it can be done well, try not too fuck up holes because if its like 5mm off you cant drill another hole it'll just make it bigger so you need to make it perfect

make sure your case is in a well ventilated area, not in the corner of your desk, but on your table, sometimes near a window is a great idea

just little shit like adds up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)