How do you feel when you get your school report? (1 Viewer)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Well how do you feel? Or how do you feel after your parents have picked it up or read it? Do you always know you are going to do great?:mad1: Do you get nervous at what some teacher writes? How do your parents react?

I feel all jittery when receiving my report. When my parents read it, my dad only looks at the english, math and science area to make sure i got all A's. Mostly math is what he cares about. LOL .

How about you?

Zedez

HSC
I've stopped caring about school report by now. Everything my teachers write seems to be inverse to the marks I receive, and whether I get an A or D for 'effort' on some generalised scale doesn't concern me.

Not that I'm saying people who do go for those things and do well at them are losers or anything, but I've just found its never really had much relevence to me.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
I feel really good because I'm an excellent student and get amazing reports.

True story.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I used to get all worried.
With good cause.
Especially as I always read it first and freaked out and considered throwing myself in front of trains on the way home.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
I don't really care. It doesn't amtter either way. All I know is if it's bad, I'll get a 2 hour lecture on the intricacies and shittiness of it. If it's good it will barely be acknowledged then chucked into the filing cabinet.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I'm always a bit nervous before i get it even though i know it'll be fine.
When i get it, i'm relieved because the anxiety is over.
When my parents see it I get happy because they're happy and then i get money ^^

K

khorne

I'm happy when I get it, but I know my parents will complain. Like..if I would get 99/100 on a test, they'd ask where the other mark went =]

riya03

HSC
Even though I know what grades I'm going to receive, I'm always a little nervous :p

As for my parents, their not very serious as long as they know that I tried hard

Niek

HSC
i didnt really used to care, but i knew my parents were like disappointed or whatever but seriously it didn't matter at all to me until this year
but luckily the report we just had was good =D i was pleasantly surprised haha but was pretty nervous before i got it, HSC has made me a different person :haha:

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I'm happy when I get it, but I know my parents will complain. Like..if I would get 99/100 on a test, they'd ask where the other mark went =]
lol that's how mine are like.

klaris

HSC
My parents just say "Do the best you can" but I still get really nervous when I get my report, like this gnawing horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. But when I turn the page and see that I've gotten an A or two then I get this huge wave of relief and I feel much better. I then look through my comments and what I'm good/sucky at and then I go home and show my parents. They're usually pretty happy with whatever I get but I like to get that little bit extra.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
my parents like the above poster tell me to do the best i can but they also expect certain grades because of past reports. So like in maths, despite it being 3u/4u, they expect mid to high 90's. The other subs they expect something well rounded, say 80's but with school moderating that goes to 90's. Whenever i receive my report im just like meh, could've done better, could've done worse and then just put it away. I don't really discuss it wid my rents depsite doing really good or just good becuase its personal.

inhinyero

HSC
I am always confident and excited because i already know that i did pass all the subjects with flying colors. Problem is, my parents get used to it to the point that they do not even bother to ask my grades, thus, got no motivation. That's the irony as well as the paradox!

Somehow i am jealous to other students whose parents are too observant to their children regarding grades in the uni/school.

rokkuguhyo

HSC
I hide mine from my parents- they expect mostly As, but I get mostly Bs.

greenie1113

Bone Saw is ready
HSC
in my reports my teachers always write:
"could do better if she practiced past exams papers"
I've stopped showing my parents my report...well they never ask for it!!

rokkuguhyo

HSC
Lol very sneaky. Don't your parents ask for it?
Nope. I don't know why, maybe they don't think we get school reports when we are in senior high school. I'll just let them go on thinking that :rofl:

Dumbledore

HSC
my parents had complained about my poor marks ever since year 7, my year 12 half yearly was my first good report, i somehow got top 10 in 8 of my units. i go up and show my report to my parents only to find "what?! only 2nd?! stop disapointing us go study now!"

though i think they were more ticked off cause the person who was first was someone i helped study

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)