• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How do you study? (1 Viewer)

luckyimpact

HSC
oh sorry thats my fault. Im gonna do 4 unit maths thats why. so yeah i guess that answers your question.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
you have to be hard like me. last week or so i've been doing 4pm- 12am straight notes/essay writing, with brief breaks here and there (like now ^_^)

:ninja:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'm not surprised - with 4 Unit English - you've gotta be damn good.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
lyounamu said:
For example, my study method is to get to sleep early (7pm) and wake up early (2am or 3am).
:eek: gosh that's extreme. 2-3am start??? and for prelim... each to their own i s'pose. i mean, i'm dedicated too but we'll all go about the prelim/HSC differently.

Last edited:

ashraf91

HSC
my day:
wake up at 7.30am
go skool by 8 am
bludge all dai at skool
get home at 2.30pm-2.45pm
start workin 5.00pm
finish workin 3am-3.30am
sleep for a few hours and start agian, mind u i take a few brief brakes and i pump ma self wit v every morning and arab coffee throughout d dai, all dis and i still seem straped for time, im a slow learner

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
lyounamu said:
Thanks for that!

Howevever, even though I always wake up at 2-3 am, I do not have that great consistence. I sometimes get tired of studying and start reading books or go into website like I am doing now.

But on 7 out of 10 occasions I study around 3-4 hours in the morning since I need to get prepared from 6 am to get to school.

From now on, I will have to increase the that 7 out of 10 occasions to 8-9 out of 10 (hopefully).
i read some of your posts.
and i hope you get 100, because it seems like you deserve it. despite it been a long road still.

:)

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
Aerath said:
I'm not surprised - with 4 Unit English - you've gotta be damn good.
:p I'm mustering up the courage to tell my teacher I'm dropping it. Pretty much have to prepare essays for modern, ancient, ext hist and ext eng for week8 and a viva voce for adv eng in week9. Bye bye life :(

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
Hello Luckyimpact. I would like to ask you a question: "How are you gonna drop Economics?"

You only have 9 units, then! I thought it was impossible to ge UAI with 9 units. Or did I misread your signature. I was just curious.
Well I must have missread your signature because, as far as i knew, you arent allowed to do extension 2 in your prelim course lyounamu

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
risole91 said:
i read some of your posts.
and i hope you get 100, because it seems like you deserve it. despite it been a long road still.

:)
Even though courses that I want to get into are courses where low UAI is required (guessing, 60-70) but I just want to see how far I can go. Regardless of UAI, I want to try my best and get the best mark. Another reason is to keep my options open.

I really appreciate your comment and good luck to you in your HSC.

Sarah182 said:
Well I must have missread your signature because, as far as i knew, you arent allowed to do extension 2 in your prelim course lyounamu
I am accelerant and so I am allowed to do 4 units maths - and I am doing it. And yeah, you have probably misread it and if you read my signature with your eyes wide open, you will, by some chance, see that I am an accelerant student

Last edited by a moderator:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Rhanoct said:
:p I'm mustering up the courage to tell my teacher I'm dropping it. Pretty much have to prepare essays for modern, ancient, ext hist and ext eng for week8 and a viva voce for adv eng in week9. Bye bye life :(
You're only saying bye bye life now? Lucky you. :)

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
I am accelerant and so I am allowed to do 4 units maths - and I am doing it. And yeah, you have probably misread it and if you read my signature with your eyes wide open, you will, by some chance, see that I am an accelerant student
Wow you must be really smart, my bad. ;)
I'd love to be smart enough to do 4 unit maths but I know its a lot of work.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Sarah182 said:
Wow you must be really smart, my bad. ;)
I'd love to be smart enough to do 4 unit maths but I know its a lot of work.
According to my teacher, we need to put 50% of our study time or more sorely on Maths. I have different view on that but I really do put up to 50% of my study time (2-3 hours a day!) into Maths just to keep my 1st/2nd place in the year.

Also have a lot of pressure since I take 2 HSC Mathematics exams (Mathematics and Mathematics Extension 1) in this year. I won't do Extension 2 Mathematics HSC exam this year, just too much pressure and work even for me who study 4-5 hours a day

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
So, waking up at 3am includes weekends too?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
So, waking up at 3am includes weekends too?
it's 2 am and yes. I do wake up during weekends too. It is not that I really study on sunday, it is just that I want to be more consistent and make this as one of my habit so that I wouldn't face slightest exhaustion when I wake up.

calslut

Banned
HSC
Do you ever go out on friday or saturday nights lyounamu?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Lyounamu - I'm impressed that you can keep up such a routine.
Calslut - what do you think? He goes to sleep at 7am. But does that mean anything?

calslut

Banned
HSC
he can't possibly go to sleep at 7 every night... that's insane and seriously over the top

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
So is going out every Friday and Saturday night if you're going to take the HSC seriously.

calslut

Banned
HSC
did i say every friday and saturday night?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
My bad - I swear I read every :shy:

But - if people want to have -different- study routines - then...I don't see anything wrong with that. Just because you and I think it's weird, doesn't meant that it can't be done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)