• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How do you study? (1 Viewer)

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
My bad - I swear I read every :shy:

But - if people want to have -different- study routines - then...I don't see anything wrong with that. Just because you and I think it's weird, doesn't meant that it can't be done.
Regarding this, the guy who won the Beazly medal (which I think is the top student in W.A) studied from 1 am to 5 am (went to sleep at 7:00 PM and 5:00 AM.)

SG1991

The crazy volunteer <3
HSC
OMG!! How do u do study plans? They stress me out soooooo badly!!! I try to make one and it falls flat on my face!!

When I have assessments, I don't bother with homework !! I live for class tasks!
I tutor as I live to teach plus teaching helps me revises

I have a good set of teachers(Luckily)

Sometimes, I do summerary notes on the last minutes.
Right now, I am behind on Business Studies notes.
My BS teacher makes us summerise

I learnt to do Summerary notes in year 10, the day before a Science exam. These notes got me a band 4 in the SC.

In exams, they got me 75%. Mind you, I was in the "best class" for Science. Barely paid attention, barely did homework.

CAN SOMEONE ANSWER MY QUESTION
HOW DO STUDY PLANS WORK WITHOUT FREAKING U OUT????

PLEASE
(Sorry ,if this is to looong)
Thanks
SG1991

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
I havent really gotten into a study routine because i get home at different times every day depending on where my family is.
for example- mondays get home at 4:30 after mock trials or home at 7:30 because my brothers have football training.

I suppose its all about focus and I dont have much of that to say the least

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
SG1991 said:
OMG!! How do u do study plans? They stress me out soooooo badly!!! I try to make one and it falls flat on my face!!

When I have assessments, I don't bother with homework !! I live for class tasks!
I tutor as I live to teach plus teaching helps me revises

I have a good set of teachers(Luckily)

Sometimes, I do summerary notes on the last minutes.
Right now, I am behind on Business Studies notes.
My BS teacher makes us summerise

I learnt to do Summerary notes in year 10, the day before a Science exam. These notes got me a band 4 in the SC.

In exams, they got me 75%. Mind you, I was in the "best class" for Science. Barely paid attention, barely did homework.

CAN SOMEONE ANSWER MY QUESTION
HOW DO STUDY PLANS WORK WITHOUT FREAKING U OUT????

PLEASE
(Sorry ,if this is to looong)
Thanks
SG1991
Is it really necessary to type like that?

I personally see study plans as a whole load of shit. You just need some discipline- plan it in your head.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Rhanoct said:
I personally see study plans as a whole load of shit. You just need some discipline- plan it in your head.
QFT.

Discipline and will-power and without a doubt the most important life skills regarding HSC and Uni you will EVER aquire.

Work in a routine, I used to NEVER study and now i'm used to studying for 2 hrs a day with a group.

The best advice i can give you is if you are like me and are used to going home and hopping on the computer, start studying at school.

Go up to your HOD/Principal and ask him if you can use a room after school for an hour or two, otherwise start going to the library.

Make sure you ALLWAYS are occupied doign study

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
SG1991 - for starters, you could actually pay attention in class, and do the homework.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
calslut said:
Do you ever go out on friday or saturday nights lyounamu?
I don't think so. I think Aerath kindly answered that question. But when I do, I cannot wake up at 2am on the next day. Therefore, my study routine is very inflexible sometimes. I am not a machine. I just can't wake up at 2am whenever I want to. I need at least 6 hours of sleep. Otherwise, I will just screw up on the next day. For example, I went to my friend's birthday yesterday (5pm -11pm). Now I am here now, typing this. This is 6 am now. I went to bed at 12 o'clock and I did not wake up at 2am today.

But I hardly go to friday or saturday nights. All my friends never have that kind of "friday nights" where we just have party.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
calslut said:
he can't possibly go to sleep at 7 every night... that's insane and seriously over the top
The chance I go to bad at 7 o'clock and waking up at 2am is approximately 18/19, which I means I woke up at 2am on every 18 occasions except yesterday when I had to go to Birthday party. I just couldn't say that I am not going because he is my close friend and you know what, I need break sometimes from this "insane" routine you call.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Many people have said that I will get UAI of over 99 plus if I can keep this up. But I do not think that I have got definite chance due to my lack of English understanding and aptitude. I did not unfortunately get to experience large aspect of English due to short period of time I have been in Australia (3 years now).

I was going to do ESL to get high English marks actually but my parents wrote letter to school saying that I will not do ESL because they thought they were "easy marks". After that, I had to make decision whether to undertake Advanced or Standard; where I chose Advanced. I am still pretty pissed off that I could not do ESL but I am not blaming my parents. They might have wanted more from me and wished to me take every subject seriously. That's why I am undertaking that "crazy routine" to accomodate all my study timetable for English, Mathematics and sciences.

Doing Advanced has opned my eyes to appreciate English more and you know what? I love English now. Despite that, English is still my worst subject in terms of performance. (got band 5 for it when I got band 6 for everything in SC)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
I did not unfortunately get to experience large aspect of English due to short period of time I have been in Australia (3 years now).
Proves my point. Immigrants work harder.

SG1991

The crazy volunteer <3
HSC
Rhanoct said:
Is it really necessary to type like that?

Yes, otherwise, it would been too long, plus colour grabs attention. (Why do the worst books have the nicest covers? ) I have learnt to plan it in my head, but its nice to have it written. I have discipline, trust me!!!!!
AerathSG1991 - for starters, you could actually pay attention in class, and do the homework.
I pay attention in class. It was only yr 10 Science, I bulged!!

Student Leader :- Thank you for your advice

queenrayan

HSC
N/A
just take it easy. listen in class, come home have a break and do your homework. always do your homework! always listen in class because it helps in exams because you hear the voice or explanation of the teachers. most importantly take it easy..

jimmayxd

HSC
Studying is not my thing to be honest, I would study when nescessary but sometimes when im not addicted to the computer its time to go throw down some books, get some paper out and start taking notes.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
Proves my point. Immigrants work harder.
Asia-background people tend to concentrate the bottom ends or the top ends in terms of academic achievements. At my school, the bottom ends are dominated purely by Asian students and the top ends are pretty filled with many Asian people. So, it is not necessary the case of immigrants working harder. It can be another way around. They may not work harder because English is too difficult for them or don't even understand the language.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Well, usually they work harder because their families have come from shit countries [take no offense I'm the same] where they have no opportunities. Now they have all the opportunities and a new chance of life, off course they will be motivated to study harder. But non immigrants, it's kind of hard, because there's no pressure there. Nothing to really work for. But off course, there's always the usual person who studies because they want to better themselves.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
Well, usually they work harder because their families have come from shit countries [take no offense I'm the same] where they have no opportunities. Now they have all the opportunities and a new chance of life, off course they will be motivated to study harder. But non immigrants, it's kind of hard, because there's no pressure there. Nothing to really work for. But off course, there's always the usual person who studies because they want to better themselves.
That's not my case but it's similar in many ways. I think everything you said is correct and that's right, many immigrants (particularly from Asia) tend to work harder because they want better themselves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)